1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Triple Screen Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by AT_RubberDuck, Sep 12, 2018.

1. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Okay sorry.. maybe the sickness/disorientation thing is real then. I haven't experienced it though, despite using angled screens in non-supported titles.

But these example images aren't really necessary. Everyone with triple screen (and Kunos) knows what the problem here is. Everyone knows real support is better, and why it is better. So you can get your screens properly angled. And some people have hard mounted them into angled positions, so reducing the angle (which tends to make this issue less bad) is not an option.

But bottom line... is there one single UE4 title, that would have this? Kartkraft dev is promising triple support, if I'm not mistaken. But is the developer actually able to deliver, or promising too much? Since Kunos haven't promised it. Of course it should have been in roadmap from day 1, it's important feature just like VR. Why not mentioned? Because no certainty of it happening. Why still no "Don't worry guys, it's coming" post from Kunos here? Because no certainty

Freddie Seng and Hagen like this.
  2. FX2K

FX2K Racer

I know, I'm also not really complaining, just trying to point out why I would like to see proper support in ACC and why I feel NV surround isn't a good enough solution.
    The images where to try and explain the motion sickness thing, because of how things warp around you, its un-natural and disorientating, that's all ;)

If Kunos think that everybody is happy with the current solution, then there is no need for them to invest time / effort into finding a proper solution. So just trying to explain, why I am not content with it. If it doesn't come to the game, I won't be kicking up a stink.. I just won't be playing it either and will be playing what does support it.

Echo_ and Tim Meuris like this.
  3. HCBam14

HCBam14 Rookie

Hey Guys, i need help here!
    If a portion of my ACC window is "outside" the monitor, that pixels will be rendered by the GPU/graphic engine?
    Here is why:
    I play on dual monitor with a resolution for 2 and half screen, so i have a portion of game-window outside of my screens. If i had used a normal "1920(x2) x 1080" resolution, i would have had the steering wheel between my 2 monitors, totally unplayable.
    But, if I use my actual resolution, i can move the game window and put the wheel on my front main screen, and can see the cockpit on the right screen. Actually it's not a 3 screen setup without a monitor, because i don't have many laterl vision/distortion with actual FOV setting (35), but can see my mirrors though.

But my question is still the same, those pixel outside my monitor will be rendered by graphic engine?
    I mean, I would like to understand if it affects the load of the gpu!

4. FX2K

FX2K Racer

Yes, I'm pretty sure, at least. Based off your description, it sounds like you are just moving the window out of view, but the game doesn't necessarily know that.

5. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

Yo do realize that when presented like this, as a single flat picture, ACC is the one that would be accurate in that case? It only looks terrible because of the huge FOV that couldnt exist on such a flat plane. The AC image is wrong because it shows your angled screens(which you have as an input in the triples app) reported back on a flat plane.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  6. FX2K

FX2K Racer

Of course I realise those without 3x 27" triples @ 45 degrees wouldn't see it like I do.

7. HCBam14

HCBam14 Rookie

Ok thank you. I thought that 'cos when i move thw window back into the screen is just black, as it wasn't loading/rendering anything.

8. FishforRent

FishforRent Racer

With. Out. Question.

However this in NOT a Kunos product. They sold the 'Assetto Corsa' name to 505. This is a 505 product. KS had no say in UE. That decision was made before ACC was ever financed.

Where I feel burned is that KS sold the Assetto Corsa name to 505, and with it all their brand base. If this product was not named 'Assetto Corsa' Competizione.... I wouldn't be bothered about it at all. I guess it's just business, but it stings none the less.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  9. Turk

Turk Alien

I bought Assetto Corsa on the back of the developers reputation after playing netkar pro. I didn't turn my nose up at Assetto Corsa because it somehow broke their lineage. They're just brand names at the end of the day. They've developed a core product that they don't need to babysit now, switching to an industry standard is smarter than trying to compete with giants of the industry.

10. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Here is quote from Marco Massaruto fb post on that situation when that was relevant

I marked the important part that people seem to not understand.

Quote: "Ok, let's clarify this before it becomes the bigger flame of the year.

By today, Kunos Simulazioni is part of Digital Bros Family, and me and Stefano by today are shareholders of Digital Bros. That's it. We are still the founders of Kunos, we are still IN, also keeping our respective positions and responsibilities, with just few exceptions: the budget we'll manage by now doesn't come anymore from our personal profits, but from Digital Bros, our bigger AC fan. Keeping the same policy, strategies, DNA, development team, goals. So, if this news would not been made public, you couldn't realize that something is changed, because – by a gamer/simracer point of view – nothing is going to change.

The reason why this news comes like a bombshell is because Digital Bros is a listed company, therefore this kind of operation must a) kept confidential until the negotiation is over, b) go public when is done. That's it.

For whom are afraid that today a piece of their simracing world has gone, let me remind them that Digital Bros has published – under its label 505Games – the console version of Assetto Corsa, and it doesn't seem to me that AC on PS4/XB1 is an arcade game: definetely it isn't. Therefore, before to scream in any direction that "Kunos has been bought, The World is Over", please sit down, breath and think. Because the only news you should be interested is that by today, we have more resources, time and power to do our job, even better than before.

So: think easier, live better, stay strong. The Future is Bright.

Have a nice weekend."

11. FishforRent

FishforRent Racer

KS was NEVER trying to compete with industry giants - they stated that in multiple forums and interviews. That was their niche - a 'simracing', focused effort to support a core group of customers. And you're right they don't need to 'babysit' their product - but when they change a core feature without explanation or benefit, they invite frustration and negative discourse - that is the business they've pursued.

But hey, they have every right to change their mind, change their business model. I'll never deny them that. Everyone has the right to do their business as they please, however every business decision has a reaction associated with it. MY reaction is disappointment. MY right is to let them know about it. Besides, they've requested that we continue to discuss it...

Dude, when does someone finance something and not have influence. Be real. Regardless, their Marketing and BD mgr stated below that UE was chosen before ACC. That reeks of 505 influence; I refuse to believe that KS would select a game engine that would not support triples...

But you're right - I don't know that, I only surmise it...and by deductive reasoning, and this teams history and my association with them over the past yrs from netKar to AC EA, every decision they've made has been: PC focused, sim customer based. This is not that. Why would they spend time on triple support when it won't be needed in the console world.

Why would Aris be concerned about this thread and refer it to the Marketing/BD department? Why not defer it to the dev team and have them provide a response? Hell, why did Aris not respond himself? My belief if that he is not responsible for this issue because he didn't make this decision. Someone else can answer for this.

Are we 0verthinking this as has been mentioned previously? No. Over-stating? I am for sure. I don't post this much, so carrying on is not in my character, but for some reason this issue bugs me.

tl;dr
    Look, I feel it is BS that this title won't have triple support natively at release. And no one from 505 has said anything to change that fact.
    My belief is ACC is a cash-funding release to finance a console port where it will make real money. Hopefully at some point after that, it will receive the attention to support real triples. But by then, I'll probably have moved on to VR and it won't matter anymore.

Until then, I'll continue to post every month or so expressing my feelings on it. Ya'll can continue to deflect and defend and that's good too. That's what is suppose to happen...maybe some news will break sooner due to the attention, who knows, really...

12. Turk

Turk Alien

Even within their own niche there are giants of the industry. iRacing and rFactor have a longer more illustrious pedigree than Kunos.

But that's not a fact though. No one has said there won't be triple screen support in V1. It isn't even a fact that there isn't triple screen support now. It's just ****. Your jumping to conclusions based on as you say yourself, no information from the developers.

This is just trying to shame the developers into speaking.

That's good, we'll try and talk you down and reassure you everything will be ok in the end so you don't freak out too much. :D

Typer, trucidatio, jaxx_za and 3 others like this.
  13. GzeroD

GzeroD Rookie

When it comes to things that can or cannot be done, three odd months is a hell of a long time to stay mum.
    Iff we consider a 'sim' to include triple monitor support then ACC is not a sim.

FFS no one has even deigned to correct the spelling mistake in this threads title.

14. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    trucidatio likes this.
  15. FX2K

FX2K Racer

Just hoping to see "No Triple Support, No buy! - fixed" in the patch notes, eventually.
    Even if its last minute with no mention up until then.

16. Freddie Seng

Freddie Seng Hardcore Simmer

[​IMG]

I'm outta here

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  17. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Simracer

I would really like to hear and update from the devs on this. It’s the thing keeping me out of this title right now.

18. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

I’m pretty sure this is a priority but nothing will be said about it until there is a proper solution between Epic and 505. It’s in Epics best interests to support 3x screens (if they don’t yet) and ACC might just be the catalyst that makes it a higher priority for them. This wouldn’t be proprietary to ACC...

Also, I highly doubt, nearly 100%, that 505 imposed the UE4 engine on Kunos. In fact I’m pretty sure I remember Kunos had been evaluating UE4 since before they were officially acquired by 505.

sissydriver and Freddie Seng like this.
  19. Octane

Octane Simracer

There hasn't been one iota of indication from anybody that triple screen is even on the radar, much less a priority.