1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Unable to post in pc forum

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Lancaster, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

Well, we're talking to each other right now... :cool: Do you think there's some big secret on the PC side of the forums that you're not being let in on? What's the problem with Steam associated PC users having access to the console forums but not the other way around? Because it's "not fair"? Do you feel console AC owners are being treated unfairly, like this was done on purpose to slight the console users? Jeezus, you guys need to toughen up. The incessant whining and bickering of console children is exactly why I bailed on consoles and joined the PC dark side.
    This forum was designed around AC on PC, because that's where AC originated. AC on consoles has been added to the original forum, and it ain't perfect, but it shouldn't get people's panties in a bunch. If you need help with the console version of AC, that's what this forum is for. What more do you want?

Fat-Alfie likes this.
  2. I would rather the devs work on improving the game than spend that time restructuring and then moderating the forum; with all the console issues I would have thought you guys would rather that also.

Chazz Ranger likes this.
  3. BBernes

BBernes Racer

Hehe with the signature :
    My answer to every thread in the Console Lounge is "get a PC"
    I know where you stand on the subject Michael Hornbuckle.
    Why even reply if that is how you feel ?

4. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Why do console owners want to go into the PC forums anyway. I'm on console, the only reason I'd go in there at the moment is to see what features they have ingame that's missing from our version. Would I ask for help in there, why would I its 2 different games. If I was struggling with a car tune would I go in there, no because if the cars are tricky to handle the PC boys just mod the game files to get more grip lol.
    It's the same for the PC users why do they want to keep posting in console section, it's a different game.

5. Fat-Alfie

Fat-Alfie Hardcore Simmer

I agree with all that you have said (I will just have to assume that your comment regarding grip was meant as a joke).

The only reason I have posted in the Console section in the past is either:

1. the thread has shown up in my 'New Posts' list and I have replied inadvertently without realising which section it was in, or
    2. to defend either AC or its developers following an ignorant or ill-informed comment by a new console user.

I would much rather the two platforms had completely separate forums, tbh

Boris Lozac likes this.
  6. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Yes it was a little bit of satire.

7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Yeah, people on console doesnt get much out of pc specific threads but chit chat, leagues (if you get the possibility to set up your own servers) and screens/videos is nothing that have to be pc specific. :) I think a couple of parts on the forum that pc and console users shared would bring more of a 'us feeling' than 'us and them' too.

You werent serious about changing files but Im not sure if that would work anyway since the server check the files so you get kicked even if you have a different patch than the server/different patch for cars than on the server. :)

BBernes likes this.
  8. 2pfspiff

2pfspiff Rookie

I personally would like to see the videos on the PC side as well as any sim rigs that have been built. I plan on building a PC and a sim rig next year when the budget allows and being able to read the PC side of things gives me an idea's. Plus I like reading the forums at work to help pass the time when I am on break being that I work night shifts. I understand that they want to protect against helping people with pirated copies but like it was said in this post, all you have to do is youtube or google and the answer will be found so they really aren't protecting anything. Now I could understand if they did not allow me to post in the PC section, but not allowing me to read in the PC section really?

kofotsjanne likes this.
  9. TitzonToast

TitzonToast Simracer

Thanks for all the generalisations man.
    That's just what these forums needed, more condescending posts from smug nobodies.
    As someone suggested above, I would love to see the forums completely separated at this stage too. That way I won't have to read any more stereotyping crap from people like you.
    It's a damn shame we can't all get along but so be it.

BBernes likes this.
  10. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

If it's any consolation, your profile pic always cracks me up, that dog is awesome.

TitzonToast likes this.
  11. TitzonToast

TitzonToast Simracer

It's all good man. Sorry for blowing a gasket.
    I'm not defending any of the tools that have turned up here spouting shîte at Kunos.
    Just please remember that we're not all like that.
    We're all just petrol heads at the end of the day!

Chazz Ranger likes this.