1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Unpausing the game

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Johnny Cheese, Feb 14, 2014.

1. I believe this is quite simple, but would improve the game a lot.

Many rigs have the mouse and keyboard in an awkward position.. There are many situations when I absolutely have to pause, and thats quite simple, I quickly bend over and press the esc key.
    The problem is on the unpausing moment. Its very annoying to click resume race and having to imediately take over the wheel.

The sugestion is simple.

When clicking resume race, dont resume it imediately. give the player 3 seconds to get in position and prepare, indicatin 3... 2 .... 1 ... resume.
    That would be extremely useful in situations when you pause near or in a turn.

Shaddix, Anuj, FireFloyd and 5 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Can anyone play the game on XBOX now? May 2, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Can't find 911 gt3 R in the game(competizione) Apr 21, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting ingame Replay TV cameras are black but with sound Apr 20, 2024
    ACC General Discussions The game throws me into the wall and also refused to save telemetry. Why? Apr 16, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal error! The UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close Apr 13, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Access violation on game startup . The UE4-AC2 game has crashed Apr 11, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Loading save game on other device Apr 7, 2024
    ACC Physics ACC inconsistensies should be addressed for the future of the game. (Ex: Braking mechanics & tracks) Apr 3, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Whole Game Image Flipped upside down Mar 30, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal error! on version 1.9.8 (the UE4 AC2 Game has crashed...) Mar 9, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Is there two versjons of Silverstone in the game? Mar 3, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Game crashes after opening championship Mar 3, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting error when entering the game Feb 28, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game wont launch, after pressing Start Engine Feb 27, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting The UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close Line 95 [SOLVED] Feb 26, 2024

3. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

We could also be able to map "escape" key to the wheel and cycle through the menu with wheel buttons as well.

4. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

You're joking right.??

If i pause the sim, i've gotta' wait 3secs for it to start again.
    It's bad enough starting the race... waiting and waiting and waiting for the lights to come on.
    But if i need to pause, i need to wait again.!!

If you pause then resume and crash...
    It don't take you long to learn from that mistake, whether it be the middle of a fast corner or down a short straight.

djkostas likes this.
  5. FerrariMan96

FerrariMan96 Racer

You're joking right? That's besides the point - sometimes you might have to take a phone call or something, doesn't matter what. The point remains.

It's not like 3 seconds is very long anyway.

I find even on a straight it's hard to unpause because I have to lean over my wheel - without my feet on the pedals - to click resume.

Shaddix and Anuj like this.
  6. djkostas

djkostas Hardcore Simmer

So, with a 'PAUSE' key mappable to the wheel and everything else 'as is' we would all be ok, right?

Anuj and paulieGTR like this.
  7. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Move the KB(jk) sry, or map the "ESC" key like many people do. :)

3 seconds is a long time to wait, just to "unpause".
    No other sims AFAIA have it on PC.

8. Tucker73

Tucker73 Hardcore Simmer

don't pause near or in a turn...solved.

Robin_NL and paulieGTR like this.
  9. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Yeah... put your foot on the brake or pull over before you pause. :)
    Just like you do in rl when the phone rings when driving. ;):)

"The day the earth stood still"...

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  10. Would 1 second suit you better?

The point is not starting imediately, 3 seconds was a sugestion because 3, 2, 1 has a rithm, you can prepare better for something that´s about to happen (like many drummers do at the start of a song). But ultimately, 1 second would be great already. Anything but an instant restart.

As Ferari said, some rigs are improvised, and have a very awkward layout. I have a notebook attached to a second monitor.. when I set the wheel, there is no space left in the table, I cant even use the mouse (I have to use the mousepad). It would be a great improvement for the many players that can´t afford an ideal setup.
    Mapping the Esc key to the wheel could work, but it´s just not cool to "lose" one button with something unrelated to driving.

Not pausing is just not an option for those many players that have responsabilities, like family, wife, kids, and even a job can get in the way.

Anyway, one very popular simcade (not calling names so I don´t start a war) has this feature. And NEVER it has been brought up as a problem, and I personally felt a great positive improvement when it was implemented.

On a sidenote, not previously mentioned because I belived it was obvious, this feature could come as an option, maybe with a slider to set how long would it take.

paulieGTR likes this.
  11. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Now you're talking. :)

But if we had the option.?? then yes, np's here.
    I would just never use it, but i can still see how it would be handy for some.

on-a-side... if you're a using a g27(not in sig), it has buttons left over in AC, not ideal i know. :)

12. Tucker73

Tucker73 Hardcore Simmer

I think no seconds is the winner here, then again I don't have a phone

paulieGTR likes this.
  13. yeah, just unpause it when you are ready... you can map a button in any wheel

paulieGTR likes this.