1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update question

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Cuco, Nov 21, 2013.

1. JDuvel

JDuvel Gamer

it's updating, woot!

2. TheDyingScotsman

TheDyingScotsman Hardcore Simmer

813.3 mb. They said 300mb....Wonder what else is in this. Where's the changelog!!! LOL

3. bromstarzan

bromstarzan Hardcore Simmer

Here we go! :D
    Thanks for your hard work. This will be exiting!

4. TheDyingScotsman

i have nothing else to do while it updates...wish my internet was faster at times like this..900kb/s....what car should I try first...hmmmmm I know which track though! :) Mugelloooooooo

5. Rory

Rory Rookie

Anyone else getting a GPU ID mismatch upon launch? I'm guessing this is a steam thing.

6. fr0gg3r

fr0gg3r Rookie

same here ...

7. Rory

Rory Rookie

I'll start a separate thread for this issue to get more visibility.

8. Early Access 0.2 changeLog

- Achievement, stats fixed and updated, you can read them using SteamStatisticsReader
    - Added Pagani Zonda R
    - Added P4/5 Competizione Scuderia Cameron-Glickenhaus
    - Added Lotus 2 Eleven
    - Added Mugello Circuit
    - Added Drift Track
    - Added M3 E30 Step 1 upgrade
    - Added M3 E92 Step 1 upgrade
    - Added M3 E92 Drift upgrade
    - Added Z4 35is Step 1 upgrade
    - Updated M3 E30 power curve
    - Updated tyre model for all cars
    - Updated tyre wear for slicks tyres
    - Updated Lotus 49 default setup to suit better monza 66 track
    - Fixed TC not working after change of tyre compound
    - Implemented non linear speedometer (BMW M3 E92)
    - LOCALIZATION FILES NOW MUST BE encoded as [UTF-8 no BOM]
    - acs.exe Localization now reads from INIReaderW, localization files updated
    - problems related to windows user names with strange characters solved
    - update showroom & showroom localization
    - x360 rumble intensity multiplier
    - new drift mode, it is based on score and time not laps
    - sectors status in time transponder is reset after each lap
    - Driver Eyes Positioner is Default app (localization added)
    - Fixed replay loading with cars (wing problem)
    - Fixed replay GUI (slider)
    - Fixed turbo still producing boost even after fuel went zero
    - Better engine coast at near minimum rpm, no need half gas to move the needle anymore
    - Implemented "FF Enhancements"
    - Improved AA algorithm selection
    - New gamma curves for power and coast audio samples
    - Reverb effect removed
    - New default volumes preset
    - Engine volume tweaked for all cars
    - Backfire samples tweaked for all cars (that have them)
    - Rumble strip, tyre rolling, tyre scrubs and wind samples tweaked
    - BMW M3 e30 interior sounds improved
    - BMW M3 e30 fixed missing gearshift sounds
    - BMW M3 GT2 interior and exterior sounds improved
    - Tatuus FA01 interior sounds improved
    - KTM X-Bow interior sounds improved
    - Ferrari 458 Italia overall engine pitch tweaked
    - Lotus 49 interior sounds improved
    - Lotus Elise SC and Scura engine and compressor volume levels tweaked
    - Control presets support added in control config
    - Launcher defaults to software rendering mode - option added for GPU acceleration
    - Added localization for german and spanish languages
    - Added extra options for control configuration of FFB, Xbox360 pads and keyboard
    - Added support and UI selection for car upgrades
    - Added selection for showrooms
    - Added drift mode selection
    - Added drift session results display
    - Fix for possible crash in certain control configuration timing (device permissions revoked during control binding)
    - Replay saving button will now work when returning from a session to a modal view of the session results.
    - Exiting from scrollable content window will now center properly.
    - Car info modal window scales for lower vertical resolution screens.
    - PB grid now supports deleting entries and starts from a zoomed-out state.
    - Added a zoom toggle button to the PB grid.
    - Ghostcar toggling fixed.
    - Warning for dual gpu users added when the launcher has been set to start with a discrete GPU.
    - Stricter thread and file permission checking.
    - Potential fix for flickering of modal windows in some setups.
    - Potential fix for a startup deadlock situation.
    - Game-related newsfeed now displays news items inside the launcher added an unread item notification.

9. morgan82

morgan82 Rookie

New content
    The new version includes; new features, new drift mode, three new cars and two new tracks! Furthermore this free update also features several improvements. A new enhanced force feedback mode, new environments for showroom mode and several predefined profiles for gamepad and steering wheels. Also included are German and Spanish localisations.

New Tracks
    Mugello Circuit. The awesome Italian circuit has been meticulously reproduced using laser scanning technology, allowing race fans to feel every bump, kerb and detail with the maximum fidelity.
    Assetto Dorifto. This fictional environment has been designed to appeal not just to drift fans, but to all car-control fans: Featuring multiple layouts allowing you to showcase your sideways skills.

New Cars
    Lotus 2 Eleven
    P4/5 Competizione – Scuderia Cameron-Glickenaus
    Pagani Zonda R

New Features
    New car liveries
    New showroom – Industrial
    New showroom selection
    New controller profiles
    New car mode selection: Default, Step1

Game Modes
    Drift. With racing game fans raving about Assetto Corsa’s authenticity, drift mode takes advantage of the flexible ultra realistic physics model, to seamlessly recreate the experience of drifting. No physics tweaks, no strange tyre calculations, just pure driving joy.
    Enter Drift mode! Gain points by drifting to the extreme! Drift at outrageous angles, create smoke and receive bonus points for style and combos. Get enough points before the countdown ends and level up!

It’s addictive, thrilling and fun and it’s all made possible by Assetto Corsa advanced physics engine. Just think of the replays!

Six new special events, featuring new content are included in this first update, we look forward to providing more compelling cars, tracks and features over the following weeks.

10. Giovanni Romagnoli

Giovanni Romagnoli Yes, that's a Transformer Camaro

@Rory
    does a dialog shows up?
    what happends if you press ok?
    Open another thread if the problem is critical

11. Jarrett Crews

Jarrett Crews Rookie

Same problem here.

12. DevilStreet

DevilStreet Rookie

yesss! it's update time...

13. RaceBump

RaceBump Gamer

Possible bug. Anyone else see "no preview available" for the Ferrari?

Attached Files:

14. JDuvel

JDuvel Gamer

yes i have this bug too - love the update, ffb i think is much improved.

15. RaceBump

RaceBump Gamer

I had to turn my FFB wayyyy down this patch. They really improved it and I don't need to crank it to 150% to make it feel natural. 100% feels pretty good now.

16. FFB feels fantastic on my CSR after patch...

17. morgan82

morgan82 Rookie

Yeah I had that one a few of my cars, turns out it was because I had custom skins loaded before the update, but the update had deleted them. Just change the skin on the car and you'll have your preview picture back.

18. TheDyingScotsman

I agree. FFB feels absolutely incredible now. Still needs a little more stifness around center, but only at lower speeds. Resistance build up at speed is great. Now they gave us all these extra options for FFB, slip effects, road effects.....we are spoiled...OCD people like me will never stop fiddling hehe :D

19. Hanzales

Hanzales Racer

Just change the skin ;o)

20. SuperMelon

SuperMelon Gamer

WHAT A BLAST! :)

Tweaked AA, anisotropic filtering and even better (wot?) FFB - this alone have made my day.
    Plus amazing content.
    Code:
    Jaw-drop: initiated. Wet-pants mode on. 

The Moose and Hanzales like this.