1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

XB1 Update v 1.03?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by GT_Davy, Oct 4, 2016.

1. In forza 6 two times a update goes through in 4 Days. Even in other cases like assassins creed unity. If the publisher is big enough and the game is important enough for the console it can go really fast.
    It's simply business.

2. BBernes

BBernes Racer

The Xbox one version is much better looking than the PC version. I hope they don't reduce the graphics but find another way to get more performance from the title. It is possible, just look at Forza 6.

3. LOL

UntrainedN00B01 and BBernes like this.
  4. Keep hearing how unplayable ac is for us mere xbone players but i must be lucky as i don't see any frame drops (except when playing online in the first couple of days of release) and only very minimal tearing. Hope the patch drops soon tho (waves fist angrily towards ms)

5. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

A/c isn't unplayable on my Xbox either. It has frame drops normally when braking heavy for slow corners. When there's a few cars on screen fps drops. It's just annoying. Add that to all the normal stuff that's in racing games that's missing, private lobby's/decent multiplayer a leaderboard for hot laps,The Ai balancing. Then I'm afraid it's not worth playing at the moment. I'll have another go when patch drops, there's lots of new games around at the moment to mess with.

6. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Hardcore Simmer

Today's gaming industry ? You know how it was 10/15 years ago ? If a game was released with 20 bugs, it stays like that, because patches didn't exist. When i started gaming on PS1 there wasn't any patches, dlc,... You bought the game and that was it.
    So be grateful you have patches and dlc these days. And what different does it make were the patch is ? Nothing, when it arrives you will notice it.

Dookie, LeDude83 and talby71 like this.
  7. Jamesgrainge

Jamesgrainge Gamer

I have literally no FPS drops or screen tearing on my Xbox either. Since week two the game has ran flawlessly. Only when someone leaves in a race do we experience lag, but that is to be expected unless Kunos pays for dedicated servers a-la COD, and that still experiences lag majorly. Looking forward to all the updates in the coming months, I especially want to get my hands on the Ferrari F1 car so I can see the difference between that and codemasters titles.

Shifter Blister likes this.
  8. GT_Davy

GT_Davy Gamer

I partly agree, yes its awesome that we have patches to fix bugs and DLC to enhance our gaming experience today. I remember those PS1 days.. :)

However if you release a game on both consoles you should, in my opinion at least, support both equally and bring the patches and/or DLC to both platforms on the same date.

(I can't wait to play AC, with update, on my new wheel)

9. Patch was sent to both parties at the same time. Ms is well known to take longer to approve patches be it workload, laziness, being consciousness or the conspiracy theory that they delay non 1st party games it was sent at the same time.

10. It's no conspiracy theory. They busy with gears of War 4, battlefield and yesterday released fh3 update. Maybe prefer is the wrong word. Maybe the Microsoft stuudios have they own certification department.
    After some windows update the game runs really good beside from tearing. But I need to set up my break pedal and thats now impossible. That's the main reason I wait for the update.

The textures looking much better than in project cars. So for that small team they doing a great job on xbox one. I hope too that they don't reduce the quality. Because on the most tracks the game runs good even with 15 Ai cars.
    A thing I didn't understand is why they send the patch at the same time to Ms and Sony. Is that a agreement or part of the contract. Or simply that you have always the same level of versions who are been released. Otherwise it could bring some confusion in to the working progress, when xbox is on 1.03 and ps4 in the meantime on higer build.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
    GT_Davy likes this.
  11. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

May be m/s tested it and returned it to kunos. Who knows. All I know is at the bottom of patch notes it says we will keep you informed on Xbox patch, lol silence as usual.

12. PCARS patches where two time rejected. So nothing unusual. But they keep us up to date.

13. fools jester

fools jester Gamer

Strange how since the patch went into submission, forza horizon 3 has been released and 2 patches deployed...

It must of been rejected and kunos keeping quiet.

I love this game but feedback from kunos is so poor, I'm quickly loosing interest. Kunos failings....

14. GT_Davy

GT_Davy Gamer

Are u running a Logitech G920? That is an option that is definitely needed with that (and probably other wheels too).

I do really like the laser scanned tracks, car models, handling (controller) in this game, that is definitely quality! But the screen tearing and frame rate drops though...

Yes Forza Horizon is awesome.. ofcourse not comparable to AC or any sim title.. I like both. I would certainly appreciate some feedback from Kunos.

15. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

snip...
    You're having a laugh right...

16. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

I've never seen a/c on PC so I've just had a look on you tube. lol there's no comparison. Looks quality on PC, looks like a game that's 7 years old on Xbox. Lol

17. Yes I'm have the g920 too ;)

The game looks not that bad. It's a racing sim and all serious racing can't compare with games who had 10 times more people working on it. The really important things like cockpit, track and surface looking great to me and even the buildings and vegetation. When I'm driving I have no eye for objects beside the road. Maybe when I would drive outside perspective I would see that different.

18. GT_Davy

GT_Davy Gamer

I have my G920 for 3 days now, really liking it so far. Takes some getting used to if your coming from a controller since I have been playing racing games but lots of fun.

I agree the cockpit view, with and without the steering wheel in AC are done well, I don't care to much about for instance the spectators along the track looking "flat" or the number of leafs on the trees.. as long as overall it looks good of course. And it generally does in AC. I understand it's Kunos first console title, and a small team compared to other titles.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  19. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

The majority of our racing comunity have the g920. They have all removed the brake rubber bung.

20. GT_Davy

GT_Davy Gamer

I am a little bit hesitant to remove parts from my new wheel/pedals... is that easy and a perminant modification?

in other games I play you can adjust the brake outside deadzone, or brake saturation as is called in some games. This works just fine for me.