1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Using a 360 Pad with ABS Off?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Aurelius, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Aurelius

Aurelius Gamer

I don't have a wheel at the moment for space reasons but I am still having a great time with AC on the 360 controller, I play with all the assists off except for ABS as I find managing the brakes very difficult when there is such little travel in the trigger.

Has anyone had success learning to play with ABS off on a controller? Or is it just infuriating?

Also, does turning ABS yield better times?

Cheers

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues No rumble when using 360 pad as custom wheel May 28, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues (SOLVED) HTC Vive using Xbox 360 Controller issue? Apr 1, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Using g27 + 360 joypad as handbrake and abs Jul 22, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds extreme game play problem! [translation: high CPU usage when using X360 gamepad] Jun 21, 2014
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Cant control car with gamepad [using non-XBOX360 gamepad with XBOX360 input method] Mar 7, 2014
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Using G27 while Xbox360 controller is connected to PC. [controller order changing] Jan 25, 2014
    ACC Troubleshooting Major Lag/Freeze, Causing Hud and Cars to disappear and reappear Feb 24, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC Causing System Restart in the Menus [HW instability] Apr 25, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Disable neck motion when using camera with helmet overlay in VR? Mar 29, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting issue with pausing the game Jan 26, 2023
    ACC Virtual Reality ACC crashing due to out of VRAM when using VR Jan 24, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Can you change default car setups using Content Manager? Nov 3, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC 1.8: Manual gears using square and x buttons? Sep 29, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Using Xpadder with ACC Aug 16, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Server behind load balancer can't connect to lobby using publicIP option Aug 1, 2022

3. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

I think that new xbox controller from XB1 could work better, since you have FFB in the triggers, so when it starts to vibrate, it would give you feedback when you'are locking wheels

but so far I haven't seen a wired version, and I don't want wireless

but yes, I also find it very difficult to have feel for brakes, .. the travel distance is just not long enough, and also you don't get much feedback from game (until it's late)
    however, I don't mind using ABS, not at all

for me it's about fun, and ABS keeps the fun going

I don't think you get faster without ABS, at least not by much
    it's more about throttle control, smooth steering & your driving line .. more then anything else

haivng great setup could maybe give you 1 second,
    ABS ( just very rough guess based on nothing) 1 second

you can easily gain 5 second if you race line is proper, your steering is smooth, and you don't spin out your wheels when exiting corners

4. Snjper

Snjper Hardcore Simmer

Lately I've been kicking back on the couch using a THRUSTMASTER GPX and it works really well thou it did take alot of tweaking..

I run with no assists and braking has never been an issues... just steering..

Something that might help is turning down some of the game sounds and boosting the tire and brake sounds. This might help you hear the limit if you can't see or feel it.

I'll repeat Patrik, don't feel bad or like a noob for using assists as most modern race car use ABS and TCS in some form.. Normally very low and only to keep them from breaking stuff.. not so much to make anything easier.. Personally irritates me when I see someone bashing someone for using them...

5. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

which I also find that it's pretty much only reason that people don't use them, they don't want to be looked down upon, being made fun of,
    sad, but true

6. Bleheri

Bleheri Rookie

You could drive with the analog sticks and use the triggers for gears, the sticks have a bit more feeling compared to the triggers imo.
    Left analog for stearing, right analog for gas/brakes. Thats how i played racing games on consoles, before getting into PC games and wheels

7. jasjeet

jasjeet Racer

I played Forza with a 360 pad with ABS off, and in AC i can as well =) Definitely possible. I run TCS and STM off, Manual gears.
    Use triggers for brake and accelerate, B and X for shifting. Change the brake curve to linear.

8. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

Well the standard triggers are on the back and the curve is wrong.
    You cant brake 80% and the tyres will lock without ABS using the RT.
    Can make a video if Devs need it.

Aurileus make the topic to a issue, please.

9. Rootsney

Rootsney Rookie

I use my Microsoft Wireless Speed Wheel that I bought for Forza along with a 15 dollar adapter for it to work on my PC. While it is not as good as a proper anchored FFB wheel, it still does very well once you've fiddled with steering settings for it. Having an analogue steering input instead of a horrible (imo) thumbstick will really help your lap times, more so than ABS settings ever could. In regards to braking, the triggers it uses have more travel and are more sensitive than a regular Xbox 360 controller. Because of the quality of the triggers I have no problem driving with ABS off, but for some cars I find they just drive better with ABS on.

The wheel works very well. I'd recommend it.

10. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien