1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

VR on mod tracks

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by MartyBook, Dec 9, 2017.

1. MartyBook

MartyBook Simracer

is there anything missing from mod tracks that would be present on the official ones that would make VR seem “off” ?

played couple of nights ago using only the included tracks and it felt spot on. Once I’d changed seating position to match the virtual me with the real me everything just felt right.

Last night I downloaded a bunch of mod tracks and headed out in my trusty ktm xbow but something didn’t feel right. Difficult to explain but I lost that sense of presence in the car, turning into bends felt like the car was disconnected from me and like it was rotating around me too quickly as if the fov was wrong somehow. I seemed to still be pretty well matched between real me and virtual me sat in the cockpit but my brain seemed to no longer make the association between the two.

When I’m fully “present” in the car, if I move my arm off the wheel IRL and don’t see it move in VR I get a slight weird sensation like my brain going wtf initially before realising. Last night, I wasn’t getting that...

Wish I could explain it better

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Mod tracks unable to load. Feb 1, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds No game modes launching all cars and tracks Dec 17, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Why FFB on mod tracks is so bad Jul 5, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Mod Cars have no sound on replay. Mod tracks replay not working properly May 23, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Mod Indy Cars and oval tracks Mar 5, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Some mod tracks not loading Jan 14, 2018
    Screens & Videos Autumn Tracks Mod Nov 15, 2017
    Screens & Videos AC Mod cars and tracks Oct 16, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Modded Tracks won't load Oct 13, 2017
    General modding discussion What are the best mod tracks ? Oct 6, 2017
    General modding discussion Mod tracks suitable for online leagues Oct 4, 2017
    General modding discussion The better "AI" on mod tracks? Jun 12, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Adding DRS to existing mod tracks? May 10, 2017
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues I can not select tracks in championship mode. Jan 13, 2017
    General modding discussion Mod tracks and silly AI lines>! Nov 29, 2016

3. Phil64

Phil64 Simracer

MartyBook likes this.
  4. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Some tracks have terrible trees and other stuff that just cripples performance. The feeling you had could it be that you normally have a smooth experience @ 90 fps with official tracks but on some modded tracks you get less and that might result in that feeling.

I know immediately if my system isn't pumping out 90 fps, as soon as I move my head if it's not as smooth I know there's a problem.

Could you name one track that gave you lots of problems? I'll give it a whirl.

paul_wev likes this.
  5. hazardic

hazardic Alien

yeah, i don't use mod tracks with, including VR too - except the Road Atlanta 2016! Try it - it's an amazing VR experience it's even cooler than Brands. This this the only one mod track which i fell in love with - mostly because it seems it uses lidar data, it gives me amazing feel with my accuforce and motion - in the mist or fog this is a total blast

6. Mogster

Mogster Alien

There are a handful of really great mod tracks that sit well with the official content. I have no problem with them in VR.

Okayama and Paul Ricard are definitely worth a look.

7. Pretty sure that Road Atlanta track was compared against LIDAR and shown to be quite inaccurate IIRC. (edit - yes I was correct. Look at this, miles off in places: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/road-atlanta-2016.143773/page-3#post-2629099)

Yes still a blast in VR, but "because it seems it uses lidar data" is not the reason why...

8. hazardic

hazardic Alien

oh it must be my misunderstanding because he mentioned about future lidar updates of the track. anyway the track is still wow in my eyes - cause it has this kunos road feel:D most of the mod tracks don't have it for me

9. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

They all seem good to me in VR I’ve tried most of them out there, for sure road feel can be lacking in some of them but the feeling of presence in VR for me is the same across the board..

10. MartyBook

MartyBook Simracer

It was a track called “Hope Racetrack”. Wanted something tight and twisty to chuck the xbow around. But it just felt weird and floaty and, like I say, just disconnected from the car

11. LilSki

LilSki Alien

Then you aren't using the right mod tracks. There are plenty that have proper road feel. The 3 in my signature will give you plenty of feel.

sissydriver, martcerv, Andy-R and 2 others like this.
  12. Didn't try Hope yet, but will give it a try, i have it already in my game. Generally however there are brilliant mod tracks and roads out there. I have the nicest experiences on mod tracks to be honest..Try Monte Carlo Stage 3, it's unbelievable. You get totally lost. Peyregrosse is also awesome. Tajo Hillclimb is for me the best Assetto Corsa road/track overall, Kunos stuff included. I have around 40 mod tracks, and most of them are equally fun and realistic as the Kunos stuff. Like another poster already said, there are some tracks out there that are not optimized and cause framedrops. That's really the only issue i could think of something being off. I normally don't use unoptimized tracks, unless they are really incredibly good, i think i have 3 of them installed currently. If i want to use them i just lock the ASW at 45fps, that cures the odd feeling that might occur otherwise.

MartyBook likes this.
  13. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Your brain eventually adapts to all that stuff and figures out not to worry about it so it could just be a bit of this that you're experiencing. After a few weeks the "VR Wow Factor" wears off a bit and it all just becomes normal for you, not sure if that explains your car behavior but it does explain your brain not WTF'ing when you move your hand.

MartyBook likes this.
  14. hazardic

hazardic Alien

Correct - the mods i tried were not right.:D Though i was testing your RIR and it was great, however not my kind of track - i like stuff like RA, BH or Nords:rolleyes: but sure - your pro work is astonishing, i'm pretty sure your 2 others are great too - thank you for your work!:)

15. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

OP try LilSki's tracks in VR, NJMP Lightning, Bridgehampton and Riverside. The road feel and visuals are Kunos quality IMO. I imagine Thomson Road GP track would look pretty cool in VR as well, especially with low sun in the sky.

MartyBook likes this.
  16. The bloody bump/hill on the main straight is a bit edgy in VR :D Not so fun going sideways towards the bus stop looking out the side window!

Andy-R likes this.
  17. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Abarth 595 SS is a good laugh there online :D ...takes the crest like a boss as well. I guess it helps that it is decelerating from about 70mph up the hill :p

18. MartyBook

MartyBook Simracer

Thanks for all your help and suggestions peeps :)