1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 VR Support

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by alternatingcurrent, Dec 30, 2016.

1. If this game supported PS4 VR, I'd go out and buy one.

Sorry if it's already been posted, but are any plans for this?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Simrig SR2 motion system - telemetry data support missing in ACC Friday at 12:27 PM
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa Evo Modding Support? Apr 4, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Ive sended this bug already to support, but I want to warn you guys too. Nov 7, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions 360 degree thumbstick support Aug 30, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Xbox steering wheel support Aug 9, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions How much revenue do console sales generate and why is console so badly supported? Jul 3, 2023
    ACC General Discussions Full AI support for your races Jun 20, 2023
    ACC Tools ACC Window Manager - Multi-monitor support Jun 11, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Who do I need to bribe to get PSVR2 support on ACC for PS5 (pretty please?) May 13, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game returns to main menu after clicking start engine (GPU is supported) Nov 30, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Is there still support for Assetto Corsa? Oct 9, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting A request to add windows 8.1 support for ACC Jul 10, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Is a post here sufficient to get the privilege to file a request for support? Jul 8, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Keyboard and mouse support for ps5/consoles Jun 14, 2022
    ACC Tools How to send support tickets? May 23, 2022

3. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Look to this interview with Marco Massarutto, talking about psvr..
    Min. 11:53.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  4. Tberg

Tberg Alien

I tried the PSVR in other games, it´s doesn´t come close to the Vive and Rift experiences I´ve had, when looking at performance and visuals. The PS4 is just not powerful enough to keep high enough settings, and although a PS4pro could run 4K, it still means that AC has to dump down settings (particular important AA and pixel-per-display).

Sure, I´d play something like Resident Evil 7 in PSVR (still looked crappy on normal PS4 compared to Rift/Vive games), because it´s exclusive. Tried the kitchen demo in VR, and the normal demo without, this game will force you to have a few spare couple of underwears nearby.

Unless Sony come up with something like Oculus ASW, that can half the performance costs, probably no VR in AC1 ever on this console gen.

5. Maxx69

Maxx69 Racer

I've not tried the PC VR experience but have tried the psvr and have to say even with the worst graphics of any psvr game and questionable physics driveclub VR is one of the best experiences I've had with any driving game .
    It brings so much more realism and awareness to it , it's probably the best sim game available on console , purely because of VR and actually only because of VR .
    VR is definitely the way forward in driving Sims and the future .
    Personally I can't wait for GT Sport , even though they have not got a full VR game .
    Driveclub was never meant as a VR game and took serious visual hit because of this and the fact the company is history .other games gave proved that with work the visual experience can be amazing .
    The cod free demo (jackal assault ?) shows what can be done .
    It won't happen in Assetto as they are stretched to the limit now with basic stuff like custom lobbies etc ....but if you haven't experienced VR with a wheel then I'd recommend trying it ......it's a game changer .
    Driveclub was a pile of cack , until the psvr experience

BistoKid and Tberg like this.
  6. Tberg

Tberg Alien

It is already contemporary for sim, imo. Imagine AC in VR, versus the arcadish Driveclub, which btw has very nice graphics.
    I almost can´t wait to nextgen VR. 4K HMD is already here, Oculus put out ASW to improve performance for minimum VR systems, StarVR has 210degree FOV, Lens Matched Shading is now available and etc etc. I´m already saving for my next pc upgrade and HMD to go with it, :)

Neil Goodinson likes this.
  7. Maxx69

Maxx69 Racer

Ah and now dirt rally gets VR in the next few days .
    Just managed to get it in the January sales at £16.49 with a £9.99 VR upgrade any day now

Gie likes this.
  8. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

Is that a PS VR headset? Desk on the left
    [​IMG]

9. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Sure is! Wow...I'll have to eat my words, if ACVR hits PS4 :-D

10. Maxx69

Maxx69 Racer

Could just like a quick go on until dawn of a lunch time :D

11. LOW-LOWS

LOW-LOWS Rookie

I would pay for a PSVR DLC on Assetto

paul_wev and shaq0853 like this.
  12. shaq0853

shaq0853 Gamer

I would pay for a PSVR and DCL on Assetto Corsa

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

paul_wev likes this.
  13. Maxx69

Maxx69 Racer

Most definitely , dirt is flipping awesome on VR and by far the best game on psvr to date . Best tenner I've spent :)
    If Assetto introduce psvr it'll turn their fortunes around

14. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

o_O i really don't understand why people would pay for VR compatibility in PS4 in games like Dirt Rally that got VR compatibility for FREE in PC....

#nonsense

15. LOW-LOWS

LOW-LOWS Rookie

Because everyone says the market is not big enough on PlayStation and if having the DLC be a payed DLC makes it happen faster I'm willing to do so

16. BistoKid

BistoKid Racer

Agreed, if it means that Kunos think again and consider PSVR worth another look, hell I would pay. I am so wanting a good track sim racer on the PS4 and they don't come any better than AC !! I went and bought AC again on PC so I could hook up PSVR through my computer for god sake.

Absolutely spot on Maxx69, Dirt Rally VR is stuuning, certainly considering its age and the great work they put into the VR conversion, proves it can be done!!

17. StyleF1re

StyleF1re Hardcore Simmer

Just bought a PSVR so I'll be seeing how Dirt Rally is shortly. Actually got the game back in November last year when I bought the Pro, but only played it once or twice before getting chased away by both the difficulty curve and getting too deep into AC. I blame Porsche especially! Well, time to face my fears again, but in VR!

Ball is in AC's court now! I'll be insanely optimistic for the time being over that image of the PSVR headset on the desk.

Neil Goodinson and AJ_Salas like this.
  18. Maxx69

Maxx69 Racer

You'll love it , I'm hooked

19. clos2727

clos2727 Gamer

Dirt Rally vr on PS4 is amazing, i hope and wish Kunos does bring VR to the PS4. However, I believe their would be a lot of give and take for this to happen on AC. dirt rally has only one car to render, where as AC is completely different. rendering that many cars on the track and still keeping the fidelity will be no small task.

that being said, i believe that theirs a small walk about this. not exactly VR, but something i believe all PSVR headset user would welcome if Full VR could not be supported.

now i have played AC on PS4 with the VR headset on Cinema mode. because the image is sent to each individual eye, you get sort of a 3d perspective of the track. making judging corners and distance a step above just a screen.

but still limited to what you would see on a typical screen. so it got me thinking
    what if. in the event that kunos could not do vr.

make the image 180 degree wrap around the person using the headset.

sort of like having triples but in your headset. a curved 180 degree image. this would allow us be able to see outside both driver windows by just turning our head.

where a vr image would be a complete sphere, from within.

doing it this way, we sort of pick and choose what image is most important. the front and sides. everything else would just be black.
    i think this would be possible if a full vr experience on the psvr could not be achieved. and a good platform to grow upon.
    Since we are still in early generation of VR this could be something publishers could look at. to give a happy medium. till the technology grows.

most importantly, sim racing as a whole could greatly benefit from this.

lets just name it "Perspective VR"

AJ_Salas, Hobbsy, StyleF1re and 3 others like this.
  20. StyleF1re

StyleF1re Hardcore Simmer

Makes me wish PGR4 was around for the VR era because running across those New York bridges at over 300 km/h would've been insane!

Anyway, are there any scoops (as in updates or announcements) regarding Driveclub VR? I've been wanting to get that as well, though I fear DC will ruin whatever skills I built up through playing AC. It does look a lot more technically sound than Dirt Rally because of your entire ride being visible. Well, that coupled with the immense sense of speed. The demo is rather rough though in terms of graphical smoothness and presentation. As for Dirt, my driving abilities are in dire need of improvement to make an informed opinion on it. Nonetheless, the gauges are difficult, if not impossible, to read in all the blurriness. Also doesn't feel right looking around from side to side in the cockpit in comparison to Driveclub. Haven't been able to match up the in-game motions with my physical inputs. And the experience of taking a 208 T16 up Pikes in favorable weather like Loeb did in 2013 feels incredibly arcade-like and fake.

Hopefully the men behind AC will pick up on these hints if they do attempt a full VR mode. In the meantime I'll just keep playing around with the other VR releases... and AC of course!

21. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Going by stuff they've said it's evident that they have looked into it just like When they had PS4 dev kits years ago. I think their biggest issue would be the base PS4, maybe its doable on the Pro but as sony request both PS4 models must have the same game this could be holding AC vr back.

clos2727 likes this.