1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

War at monza

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by georgi iovchev, May 15, 2021.

1. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

I have said this a few times but just start at the back, cut the first chicane a bit slowly to avoid all the crap, dont damage the barriers, no penalty, youll be P10-15 and then just start racing.

2. jesker

jesker Gamer

surviving at "prima variante" is hard because everyone try to overtake even if there is no room at all.

3. I never qualify for public server races in Assetto Corsa, so my starting position is generally between P15 and P24. For that run up to T1 (at any track), I am not even thinking about overtaking anyone. I am watching my mirrors, slowing down early (and gradually) to give any drivers behind a "heads up" as to what needs to be done, and watching for vast clouds of smoke ahead!! Negotiating the first couple of corners can be extremely hard work (even when taking all of these precautions), and having a chicane as the first corner is why Monza is even worse than other tracks.

Having said that, the solution is incredibly simple. Drivers just need to respect others, and appreciate that the cars in front will be moving slower than they themselves want to move. It does make me wonder what thought processes are going through some people's heads when they start online races. Simple physics tells us that we are not able to drive through solid objects, so quite why some drivers think this is possible will forever be a mystery. Contact with others will almost certainly result in detrimental effects to their own progression, so it is a no win situation. Of course, part of the problem is that some drivers at the back try to weave and dodge between the other cars to gain as many places as possible before T1, but this is madness! I see it all the time when starting online races, and the end result is generally those huge clouds of smoke that I mentioned above, and a "domino effect" that takes out half the field.

I do not know how it works in ACC, but there are times when an online AC race is restarted multiple times because of too many collisions. In fact, one of the races that I took part in at Monza was restarted at least ten times!! It gets to the point where I am actually laughing because of the sheer senselessness of it all. Thankfully, I have learned not to react quite as emotionally as I used to. I see it more as a challenge these days with respect to quick reactions, good observation, and accurate prediction of the trajectories of spinning cars! ;)

4. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Aris made videos about it, both about starting in a low SA Monza server and how to change brake points when in traffic. I think noobs and people lacking racecraft keep the right foot planted until 150 m regardless if cars are in front or not. The braking reference must be moved back by a car length if a car is in front.

5. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

Its not only that people go too fast in chicane, the chicane is quite tight and if you have limited FOV monitor and are bit beginner then you might bump into people inside the chicane and cause blocking there. So accident is perfectly normal, just take the "escape road" to avoid chicane entirely on first lap.

jesker likes this.

6. Just a friendly reminder that crashing is part of racing...

If the pros cant even avoid crashing irl how exactly do you expect some fat kid with a can of G Fuel in one hand, and a g27 in the other while looking at a 19” 2d monitor to avoid other people doing 300km/h... :D

chksix likes this.
  7. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

300? share setup please Kappa

After_Midnight likes this.
  8. Remove all front and rear wing.
    5l of fuel.
    Stiffen ARBs.
    6 PSI all around.
    Open rear windows and fart as hard as you can while making braaaap noises.

After_Midnight likes this.