1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What constitutes not completing a race for minorating?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by crabbie, Feb 12, 2016.

1. crabbie

crabbie Gamer

I seem to get to A/B during the day, but overnight, my rating seems to drop to C (while I am not racing :) ). I was wondering if I am misinterpreting the rule about completing a race. Maybe someone can clarify the following for me.

If I do some qualifying laps and decide not to race and leave the server while it is still in qualifying mode - does that punish my rating? What if the server flips over to racing mode, I am in the pits and I decide not to join the grid - is that too late?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Game crashes after completing race or during race (in menu's), PC self-reboots Mar 6, 2021
    ACC Gameplay DSQ'd for not completing pitstops Aug 24, 2020
    Suggestions Temporary fuel estimation before completing 2 laps Dec 28, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Special Event Achievements not completing May 22, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Completing carrier mode Feb 13, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game freezes after completing a special event Dec 24, 2015
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Hard session end without completing lap Jan 16, 2015
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Difficult to save car setup after completing a race Apr 9, 2014
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Can't view tire temps after completing a race Apr 9, 2014

3. crabbie

crabbie Gamer

Just wanted to add, the trigger for me to ask the above question was that one of Marty's servers just told me I was C, but immediately after posting, I logged onto another server a European one I think, and it told me I was A/B. How can they be different?

4. LeiF

LeiF Alien

I may be wrong but I think the Australian based servers use some sort of cached MR data to prevent lag when people join, as they are so far from the MR server.

5. crabbie

crabbie Gamer

Hmmm, maybe if they only updated daily.

6. martcerv

martcerv Alien

My servers use a local cache which I am not sure how often it updates but think its around 15 minutes. If using the regular auth on the servers at times there would be very noticeable join lags to all when a new user would join.

@Minolin did make the local auth cache program, I just run it and have no control over when or how it updates. It has solved the join lags but there may be some delay in MR grading for when people join my servers.

I dont know how many others use this form of MR auth.

7. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

this is the answer, yes. Although I'm convinced that the effective delay should be way less than an hour, it's a downside-by-design (but handling the AUTH-Lag is worth it).
    Marty, you might want to restart the Cache executable, maybe it didn't handle the downtime of the MR server some days ago that well.

8. crabbie

crabbie Gamer

Well, it seems to let me in today, so it's OK now. Thanks guys.

Still curious about what constitutes "not completing a race" though. How late can you decide not to compete and leave? I am hoping the answer is anytime before the red starting lights go out.

9. Minolin

Where did you get that from?
    Currently MR isn't interested in complete races or not. Maybe that's a relict of the performance rating, which is disabled for months now.

10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Thanks, I was away since Thursday and did rs the servers and auth so maybe there was an issue with some downtome with the backend over that period.

I will try and rs the auth each day as maybe having it up too long may cause some issues if there is ever any downtime with the backend.

11. crabbie

crabbie Gamer

Found it in multiple places. Here's one example http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=578213084

and a short quote from it...

Minorating observes several variables of the drivers behaviour such as*:
    off-track (evasive maneuver/unmotivated)
    loss of control (spinning out + drifting)
    cutting (evasive maneuver/cheating)
    collisions (cars/objects)
    rejoining the track (safe/unsafe)
    blue flag (ignored/obeyed)
    rear-ending s.o.
    parking on track
    doing donuts
    abuse of chat (swearing + bad language)
    abuse of voting system (spamming votes)
    quitting before the race is over

*(as soon as the server api gets updated by kunos and sends the needed data, minolin will try to implement
    the missing variables. For the time being just assume they all work.)

12. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Read the last line. Not all of these features work (yet).

13. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

This is more for contacts/km calculations. So if you have X contacts in the first kilometer of the race then leave the server, your contact/km count will be high, thus giving you a poor MR rating. If you complete the whole race (more km's) then your contact/km count is lower, therefore your MR rating is not affected as negatively, and so long as you complete the race with minimal amount of contacts your rating should go up.
    Leaving the race early because you've had contacts just puts your contact/km count up, which is bad for your rating.
    MR does not say 'You've left early, let's give you some negative points'

crabbie likes this.
  14. crabbie

crabbie Gamer

Then it says - assume they all work... so how is a new user to know? This is why I asked the question. It will still leave us wondering when/if it has ever been implemented in the future (near or far).

15. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

It means: it doesn't work as of now, but act like it does and would affect your rating. Just play by these rules regardless if you will be penalized or not for doing what's "allowed" by MR.
    I think it's a question to Minolin and looking at that last line from the part you quoted also to Kunos.

crabbie and Minolin like this.
  16. Minolin

This. MR tries to reward good behaviour in general, instead of giving it's own set of rules you need to obey. Just act nice and constructive, and MR will like it.

crabbie and gandlers like this.
  17. martcerv

martcerv Alien

MR really doesnt need to have exact rules as such explaining exactly how it works. Then people may exploit this by saying ive got 2 contacts free etc so I will take this guy out.

Best to just drive as clean and fair as you can and it will give you a good rating. You need to allow some room for other poor drivers and mistakes so its never a good thing to do any dirty stuff on purpose.

crabbie and Minolin like this.
  18. crabbie

crabbie Gamer

Couldn't agree more. It was just that the real world sometimes calls, and I was wondering if pulling out before the race finishes might cause a MR problem. Over the last couple of days, my A/B rating seems to have settled down and not flash back to C unexpectedly. I suspect I will have no further problems, so thanks to all .

19. Hagen

Hagen Hardcore Simmer

I need to update that part of the guide...soon.
    Thank you for pointing it out, you can ask things like that in:
    Minorating guide on AC forum