1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What is Kunos Simulazioni's video policy ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by GamerMuscle, Dec 18, 2013.

1. GamerMuscle

GamerMuscle Hardcore Simmer

What is Kunos Simulazioni's stance on video monetisation ?

Blizard issue this statement making it clear as to what users producing game videos with Blizards games can do

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/videopolicy.html

The key part pertaining to use of footage on you tube

"Note that Blizzard Entertainment's restriction that Productions be limited to "non-commercial" uses also means that you may not license a Production you have created to another company for a fee, or for any other form of compensation, without specific written permission from Blizzard Entertainment to do so. Blizzard Entertainment reserves the right to use its products for all commercial purposes. The only exceptions to this rule are if you participate in partner programs with YouTube, Justin.tv, Blip.tv, Own3d.tv, or Ustream.tv (the “Production Websites”) whereby a Production Website may pay you for views of a Production if you are accepted into their partner program."

Could Kunos please give a clear stance as to there permissions for content

Personally I'd love to produce more videos using AC as its an awesome peace of software. Using AC within my videos will help me save time , make my videos more direct /concise and presumably also help promote AC.

So if kunos could give a blanket statement along the same lines as Blizzards that would be fantastic , be that allow people to use AC on you tube videos that are partnered with you tube or not.

For example

This video may be taken down by you tube unless I can prove I have permission to use the footage from AC within , by linking you tube to a statement similar to blizzards.

Again should Kunos not want to give permission I fully understand and don't hold anything against them !

Thanks for everyone's time , I appreciate this this is not the most important issue to address at this point in development :)

Queequeg, Ak1504 and TheDyingScotsman like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Aristotelis Vasilakos moves on to new adventures from Kunos Simulazioni Jan 12, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer The New Standard - Kunos Lobby down (every weekend) Aug 13, 2023
    ACC Physics Kunos, what are you doing to the BOP? Jul 22, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Kunos servers down every day now Jul 18, 2023
    ACC User Interface Kunos please implement Curved Monitors in "View Settings" Apr 27, 2023
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Kunos Server (ERROR - RESTART YOUR SERVER TO REGISTER WITH THE LOBBY) Dec 16, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Untold Games Kunos ,You can't play online, what happens? Aug 27, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Kunos Competition Servers@ACC: Incident Report missing Jun 23, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Kunos Servers Down Jun 13, 2022
    Online Leagues / Championships room ACFL F1 and Kunos GT3 Championships Apr 4, 2022
    Console Lounge Kunos what's happening with servers ?! Feb 17, 2022
    Screens & Videos Evolution of Assetto Corsa and Kunos Simulazioni (2003-2022) Jan 8, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Kunos - Still no console server news? Dec 29, 2021
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Cobra Kunos car - loses inputs when in the game Dec 21, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Kunos need a way to report players during a race Nov 28, 2021

3. Hopefully you get a response but I wouldn't expect one before Friday. I would imagine that between the new build and getting data from the SLS GT3 car that is at their office today they are a little busy....Love your videos BTW

4. GamerMuscle

Yah , no rush really I appreciate they have more important things to do !

Unfortunately I'm travailing soon so wont be able to play AC for a while :'(

5. deathsquid

deathsquid Gamer

Muscle, in my opinion its highly irrelevant if Kunos gives the ok to have in game footage posted to a site like youtube, the copyright blitz is capturing anything that it makes a match with regardless of the developers view on the matter. The only way that you will be able to get around this at the moment is to be a "managed partner" as opposed to an "affiliated partner". Having said that it is highly unlikely that you will be able to get managed status if you are posting anything that will incur a copyright hit.

But also be aware most of the hits for copyright at the moment are notifications, not strikes. These in essence will only affect you if you have a monetized channel.

6. deathsquid

deathsquid Gamer

Also I didn't mention that it seems to be hitting 'cut scenes' and copyrighted music embedded in a game at the moment. So posting a lap that you have driven without including any of the menu screens would more than likely not incur a hit, hopefully.

7. GamerMuscle

This is not related to content ID and it is entirely relevant for kunos to be clear on there stance.

Non of my videos are flagged or have been flagged due to content ID and the new system , Its simply the case that you tube ask for proof of rights every now and again , sure becoming a managed partner mitigates this to some extent but I'm not wanting to be managed partner at this point in time.

Non the less even if someone was a managed partner people would still like and need to know a companies status on videos and should kunos be ok with people producing videos then they should provide a statement similar to blizzards.

If not then it would be nice if they could be as so kind as to say so ,That way people can be clear as to where they stand on the issue.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  8. Kunos retweets users vids every day so it would seem they have no problem with people making them....maybe I'm not understanding the problem though.

9. JocoG

JocoG Simracer

Youtube don't make enough money off AC vids, so don't worry. It's the big subscribers that can be worried:

Kunos ofcourse only welcomes user vids. So I think you shouldn't be worried.

10. deathsquid

deathsquid Gamer

Sorry Muscle I may have missed your point, if its not content ID that you are worried about, what is that you need Kunos to approve?

11. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Racer

copyright laws need some huge reforms now that we all practically live inside computers.

12. GamerMuscle

There are separate issues at play

1) content ID system auto baring videos and flagging peoples you tube accounts ( this is what people are getting worked up about on you tube at the moment )

2) The basic nature of having permission to display or make derivative videos that use kunos footage , a perfect example would be my FOV video.

What I bring up falls under 2 , Because driving simulators are so niche and I never use music in my videos (unless its music I write) obviously my FOV video will never get flagged but what does happen is you tube will ask on occasion for proof of rights , In this situation you have to link to direct proof that a developer gives permission should you be monetising your videos. ( I have done this before without issue )

If you cannot link to a company statement saying you may use video footage of the game on you tube when such a request is made then you are stuck in limbo and cannot monetise your video.

Why would a person want to monetise there videos ?

1) Why not ?
    2) Equipment and software costs money
    3) Some people are self employed and time spent doing X is less time spent doing Y

If kunos give permission for people to use there game in video footage then I can make more (hopefully awesome) videos that help new people with sim racing promote AC and just cover aspects of cars and sim games I am interested in.

If Kunos don't give permission then I will simply do more review videos and I will have to use my crappy graphic design skills to make points about driving games , rather than using AC footage to elaborate points. (AC due to its fast load times and simply how good of a piece of software makes it fantastic for these sorts of videos. )

As I say It doesn't matter what kunos chose , its there content they can do as they wish or even not give a statement :) , however I and I'm sure others need to know so I can make the correct choice with the content I produce.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  13. deathsquid

deathsquid Gamer

Ah ok, now I see your point, a good one at that too :) Also I do not see a problem with monetization, I think this a symbiotic relationship between developers and people, like yourself, that post gameplay videos. A classic example is me, I will not buy a game before I troll youtube for gameplay videos to see whats in the box so to speak. The only exception being AC, which I DL'd before any gameplay had hit YT. So I believe its in the dev's best interest to support users who put up videos describing their experiences with the game.

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  14. krikke

krikke Gamer

:D some guys really go for it... :p

15. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Aware of the problem, sorry about this guys.
    We will give you an official document after Friday.

16. speedbee

speedbee Hardcore Simmer

Oh god he is so annoying. Watching him is worse / sadder than watching 10 autistic kids fight over a kitten.
    Such an ignorant and stupid perosn

17. GamerMuscle

Thanks Aristotelis , No need to apologize !

18. JocoG

JocoG Simracer

Well, he does have a point. He's not Angry Joe for nothing though :)

19. speedbee

speedbee Hardcore Simmer

Yeah he does have a point. So did hitler when he said germany needed less unemployment. But that doesn't mean his tantrums are justified.

20. deathsquid

deathsquid Gamer

thread is dead, someone mentioned Hitler...(QI relevance)

21. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Godwin's law..... ...........@.............@.............@......... <<- tumbleweed