1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What tires correspond to the semi-slick tire?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Bob Peirce, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

I searched, perhaps not correctly, and I cannot find this information. Even a street tire can be a bit fuzzy, but I'm assuming something like a Michelin 4S would qualify, probably a Bridgestone RE-71R as well. What qualifies for semi-slick?

I looked at the Tire Rack web site for my car and the only thing that looked possible was the Toyo R888R, which is basically a racing tire with tread, hence not a slick. The Porsche GT4 defaults to semi-slick in AC and it comes with Michelin Cup2s, but they have a fair amount of tread.

The reason I'd like to know is I want to set up street-able sports cars to be reasonably similar to what I might actually drive, which might be a street or semi-slick, depending on definition. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't run R888Rs but I might run Cup2s. If AC thinks these or similar tires qualify as semi-slick I'd like to know.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Tires in AC Oct 26, 2023
    ACC Physics Dry tires in wet conditions Jun 3, 2023
    ACC Gameplay AI start wet races on dry tires then pit after 1st lap Apr 28, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Bug Tires Oct 11, 2022
    ACC Tools Is there a sim dashboard to display tires temperatures? Apr 27, 2022
    ACC Gameplay [1.8.11] Starting on wet tires causes tire change to be unchecked by default in pit menu Mar 11, 2022
    Chit Chat Room URD AMR BOP and Wet Tires Feb 16, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals SF 1000 display tires do not go below 75% Dec 17, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting tires info disappears between sessions Nov 14, 2021
    ACC Gameplay front tires keep blowing up even at 1 mph [DON'T TURN ABS OFF KIDS] Jun 1, 2021
    ACC Physics tires May 25, 2021
    ACC Physics 1.6.3 - 2018 porsche on 2020 track: wet tires pick up too much heat from brakes Dec 2, 2020
    ACC Physics The right way to setup your tires Sep 27, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Tires wear reset from race to race Sep 14, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars GT4 Tires still say "DHD2" Jul 21, 2020

3. Cup2's are semi-slicks iirc. Semi-slicks have tread, it is just in an aggressive pattern (not designed to dissipate much water) along with a low mileage softer compound of rubber. (again, iirc...this is what I found after a quick use of the Google machine)

4. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

That was my thought but I wasn't so sure. I also checked Google and Tire Rack. There seems to be a really wide band. Tire Rack calls the 4S a "Maximum Performance Summer" tire, the RE-71R an "Extreme Performance Summer" tire, the Cup2 a "Streetable Track and Competition" tire, and the R888 a "Racetrack and Autocross Only" tire. However, Toyo calls the R888 a semi-slick tire and some folks run them on the street.

I'm not sure where the switch occurs. I figured a tire delivered on a street car was a street tire, but maybe not. I don't know of any car that comes with the RE-71R, although there may be some. Ditto for the R888.

Unless somebody has a better idea I will go along with calling Cup2s, Trofeo Rs, R888s, etc. semi-slick and R-71Rs and 4Ss street tires. That's the way I think of them anyhow so maybe this just confirms that.

5. All semi-slicks, or R-Comps... the 4S is nowhere near and definitely a street tire. The RE71 is a cheater street tyre, so really might as well call them semi-slicks lol.

6. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

I'm most interested in trying to determine what I am running in AC if I select street or semi-slick. Some tires fall in the gap so just ignoring the R71 is close enough for me.

7. AC is pretty broad tyre-wise, so basically:

Semi-slicks/Hypercar Road: Street-legal tyres that can handle hardcore track work.
    Street: Street tyres, lol. Performance-oriented but definitely not at home on the track.

8. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Kinda..

The tread on a semi slick is designed to dissipate as much water as possible whilst using the minimum amount of tread pattern required by law.