1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What will Kunos give as on Christmas :) (update 0.4)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Qusso, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Qusso

Qusso Racer

They confirmed that MP and AI will be much further in early acces stage development, closer to 1.0 than 0.1

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  2. Simon Roberts

Simon Roberts Simracer

3. sketchyterry

sketchyterry Simracer

Yeah I'm reasonably sure I read/heard somewhere that it wouldn't be coming until nearly or at 1.0.

Haven't heard any word on the AI though. I would like to think though that the dedicated community would be perfect for them developing the AI and multiplayer. Bugs and issues would be found much much quicker and the community could give detailed and thorough feedback.

It doesn't feel like it but I am playing a beta/early access and as such I expect to see bugs and issues. Subsequently I don't expect a perfect AI or multiplayer when that it is released for the first time. I would however, adore to be one of many that help make it the best it can be through hopefully some useful feedback.

Thats my opinion.

Silvastone, Kristaps and Salajutsu like this.
  4. plaid

plaid Alien

AI should be ready before the career, which should be ready for 1.0.

I would hope they test it with the community like Bohemia did with Arma3 to release it with good and bug-free features, so new buyers are pleased and maybe Kunos and we, the community (like they did with PCars) can make some marketing :) with the release of the full version, so more people know about the game and will be happy with all features properly integrated. PROPAGANDA! [ ]

The Core-Sim-Community will be patient, I guess, but people who have a privat life and other games to play, usually dont wait ages for something becoming good and waste time on it, in case it isnt.

Anyway, more marketing, more buyers, more money for Kunos, more DLC for us! :D

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  5. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

as much as i like AC and what they're doing and giving us. Im actually been spending more time talking about AC here than actually playing it.. Wouldn't even mind if you could see friend times on hot lap (something that has been clarified as not being added). Im not un grateful, but just wish they would mix it up.

I totally agree they shouldnt leave AI/MP to final release, because once this game is live, the tolerence of people and critics will be less. WHy not use us lot to your advantage KN, were here to help you create a great game.

You could even just give us AI on one track with all us testing it you will have great feedback. everyweek add a tracks AI or MP.

Cars can be fixed on the fly in the live game and not effect peoples reflection on the game, however if a reviewer or new buyer picks up game with bad AI or MP, then comes bad press and you know bad press is on the web, sorry but damage will already been done/!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
    sketchyterry likes this.
  6. sketchyterry

sketchyterry Simracer

Could not agree more, the players who have got the game at the moment and are on the forums are dedicated to helping to mold the product to the best it can be. When the game is out of beta however users and the press will be far less forgiving, especially considering any issues could have been improved in the beta time with the community. I also agree releasing on one track with only a limited number of cars, perhaps only one type of car, would be a good way to go. A staggered release of the AI, much like the track/car content. The same all applies to the MP of course. Releasing at version 1.0 without it being tested by AC fans will be risky move imo.

HackMac likes this.
  7. The Moose

The Moose Hardcore Simmer

Hell yeah! AC Facebook status updated with pic of... Ferrari F40 :D That's my Christmas sorted.

xyr, NaCH, 3igen and 4 others like this.
  8. +gazillion

9. Jason Madigan

Jason Madigan Simracer

OH YEAH, after watching Chris Harris thrash one of these around the track I am very keen to have a crack at it myself xD

10. Qusso

Qusso Racer

11. Olivier Prenten

Olivier Prenten Simracer

I want some beautiful grid girls!
    [​IMG]

Defendere, Kristaps, xSYOx and 2 others like this.
  12. toffytofik

toffytofik Gamer

Do you want devs to simulate their physics and make 'em moddable as well?:p LOL

tkrisz2 likes this.
  13. Toykilla!

Toykilla! Racer

F40 and Grid Girls

Mit dem drecks S4 von Samsung verschickt...

14. Toykilla!

Toykilla! Racer

15. Poppahorse

Poppahorse Gamer

YES! I have seen so many people claiming on forums, reddit, etc that MP and AI is miles away, but not a single source from the devs. Someone, please?

At the end of the day, new cars and tracks are nice, but people buy this game because they want to race, and hotlapping gets VERY boring after a while. I know it wont be until after xmas but SOME kind of official statement if we are talking weeks / months / a year for MP would be great, as if the wait is going to be that long I'd be tempted to go back to iracing.

AC is awesome, love the physics and realism etc, but its not racing without racing ;)

16. Simon Roberts

Simon Roberts Simracer

Thats what i have been trying to get at, i have trawled the forums and facebook to find and official quote that they wont be here till 1.0.

17. Juutas

Juutas Racer

Remember... THIS IS SPARTAA... ehm... early access. So be patient please. We gonna get stuff... and a lot!

Toykilla! likes this.
  18. Yes no one from Kunos told us anything like that. So AI or/and MP are possible for next release. But it could take longer as well of course.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I8150 mit Tapatalk

19. Qusso

Qusso Racer

sketchyterry and Pulley like this.
  20. Jack@l

Jack@l Rookie

AI is the most difficult to programming, I really don't understand why it is the priority to come.