1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Wheel rotation help needed

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by xtro, Jul 23, 2017.

1. xtro

xtro Gamer

Hi guys, I am one of those crazies who keep looking for optimizations everywhere... from my screen settings to my wheel. I keep changing slight little things until I find the perfection. I've kept changing my T300 rotation settings in the past few weeks and I can't seem to figure out what is wrong with it.

1080 degrees... I tend to like the way I turn the wheel which feels more like a real car however I do not get much information in the wheel past the first 100 degrees and if the car starts to slide my wheel turns way to slow to be able to catch it.

900 degrees -- or 4 blips -- (set manually each time I start the game) gives me plenty of information in the wheel... The wheel rotates fast enough to catch any slide. It even makes catching a F40 from a slide not that difficult and its a joy to use. However I feel like I do not turn the wheel enough when taking corners and it feels kind of unrealisic in the end... maybe like a 5-10 degrees turn is enough on high speed corners.

So my question is which is right ? is there a bug on consoles with the t300 rotation ? 1080 in most games feels right for the angles but wrong for the sensory feedback. 900 is the opposite.

olevet likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Steering wheel rotation problem G923 Jul 11, 2022
    ACC User Interface In car selection screen, rotation, zoom in/out by steering wheel needed Feb 8, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals G923 PS4/PC Wheel Steering Rotation Angles in GHUB Not Working for ACC Sep 13, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions G923 PS4/PC Wheel Steering Rotation Angles in GHUB Not Working for ACC Sep 13, 2021
    ACC User Interface HOW TO - Snyc the wheel rotation. May 19, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Wheel animation (Wheel Rotation in Replays and Spectating) Nov 10, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Wheel rotation per car Jun 27, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting In-game steering wheel rotation not matching (Fanatec) May 9, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals wheel rotation and wheel settings changes the FFB sensations May 1, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions 2020 - Share your wheel Rotation/Angle - Steer Lock. Mar 19, 2020
    Physics Bugs & Issues Galargo SL understeer and wheel rotation not matching in game Mar 16, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Wheel rotation changes "everytime" I launch the game [custom rotation settings in drivers] Dec 11, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting can't sync virtual and in game wheel rotation animation Aug 16, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Wheel Rotation mismatch G920 Jun 26, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Steering wheel rotation + lock settings --- ARE ALL CARS UNDERSTEERING AT 1080 DEGREES?... Jun 11, 2019

3. xtro

xtro Gamer

Answering my own question... 1080 is definitely the correct setting. Driving is more intuitive and obviously less twitchy. But the original force/speed when trying to catch a slide is slightly off. I've tried increasing FF 30 to 70 but it doesnt make a much difference.. I'm at 35 right now

4. Jon Legg

Jon Legg Racer

You need to leave the wheel on maximum rotation, that's what the game, I mean sim, is expecting. There's no soft lock (stiffening at maximum lock) the wheels just stop turning, its different for all cars. If you look at the drivers eye view (also leave the on screen wheel at 1080 or the maximum for your wheel) you'll easily be able to see.
    The lack of feeling or drop in resistance at high angles is because you probably have the understeer effect on; when the front wheels understeer the wheel will go light. When you've reached this point more steering angle will just ruin your tyres.

5. xtro

xtro Gamer

Hi Jon. Thanks for your reply. Going back there after some actual speed tests... on Magione and ended up going +1.5s faster with 900 degrees with the KTM and got Tier 1 with the F40 on special events (which could be one of the twitchiest road cars)... I have no understeer effect on. I think my T300 has the latest firmware upgrade. My problem isnt loss of resistance at high angles but at low angles at 1080. The first 45 degrees in each direction are too loose with very little resistance and road feel and worst of all If I do oversteer the wheel doesnt travel fast enough on the opposite direction to catch anything... it's like 1s too late everytime as 900 alows me to feel any power slide and catch it almost every time... so scratch my latest comment. i tend to think the t300 is more meant to work at 900 deg. FFB 45, road feel 95, slip 20, Bumps 15, Understeer Off

6. Massy72

Massy72 Rookie

Hope someone is still active here,

I bought Assetto a few weeks ago for the Ps4 after playing Competizione a lot since it's release and i really can't tell which i like better.
    Playing with the thrustmaster t300 rs which is on 1080º , rotation ingame is also on 1080º.
    I have a feeling that the cars are responding way to fast when i turn my wheel slightly, compared to Competizione there is absolutely no deadzone in the middle.
    I haven't play with the car setups yet.
    Anyone has a solution for this?

7. WRC_MADMAX

WRC_MADMAX Racer

I believe i saw a specific thread for that under a title T300 wheel settings a while ago even before i bought AC in Sept. 2020

Massy72 likes this.
  8. Massy72

Massy72 Rookie

Hey Wrc Madmax,

Already have the solution, there seems to be a bug,
    I read that when changing wheel / ffb settings you have to close the game and then restart it cause if you don't the cars react way to quick on the slightest wheel movement.
    Personally I think the old Assetto is way better then Competitione and they should have kept working on it with new tracks and cars....