1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

When did drag racing in ac become awesome?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Nyowa225, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Nyowa225

Nyowa225 Hardcore Simmer

I just tried drag racing two Cobras to discover we now have a tree and the ability to false start!

When the hell did this happen? This is awesome. I never remember this being mentioned in an update log? Am I just stupid or is this new? Check this out:

I suck I know (the false start was on purpose, I swear! The loss after that was an honest missed shift though..) but this is great. The tree isn't perfect and something seems to be off with the timing but other than that I am amazed I never heard of this. It's so much fun.

Nahkamarakatti likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Drag Race didnt work May 10, 2014
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Did the developer stop updating events on xbox series x? Nov 20, 2023
    ACC Tools Motec i2 pro software - track analysis didn't show up the track map May 22, 2023
    ACC Physics New physics didn't work for the BMW M4 GT3 May 2, 2023
    ACC Physics Did ACC get robbed of FFB dynamic range & understeer feel in 1.8.12 update? Mar 30, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Disconnected | NO STATS, SERVERS| THIS DID NOT WORK: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?th Jul 9, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Did v1.7.7 or v1.7.6 Ruin Performance? Apr 14, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Multiple questions, and I did my search :) Dec 21, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Why the hell didn’t my game save?!!! Dec 4, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Competition history didn't update since 1.6.1 Nov 21, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Statistics didn't update (Imola+Audi) Nov 19, 2020
    ACC User Interface Where did my hands go? Oct 9, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer why do race result disappear as if they didn't exist? Aug 15, 2020
    ACC Screenshots & Videos depth of field settings didnt effect the game [Solved] Jul 28, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Ok...so you guys did it. What's next? Jul 10, 2020

3. hooligan|uk

hooligan|uk Simracer

going santa pod and watching drag racing is great,playing it in a game not so :) but I like the false starts,when we gonna see that on an actual track??

4. Quffy

Quffy Alien

The drag mode was always like this, at least since I've been playing from almost a year ago. But the drag mode in AC is not the complete experience. I think they just wanted to simplify it, cutting straight to the point of car vs car 400m and 1000m option.

Read here in the section "Basics of drag racing": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drag_racing

I'd like like if they could open access to the whole drag track, because behind the main straight there's a skid pad :) And there's also a very big straight road, but at least skid pad access.

Bailey likes this.
  5. MTFDarkEagle

MTFDarkEagle Rookie

This would be so cool in multiplayer! :)

Anyone here played the dragraces in LiveForSpeed? Couple dozen XR GT's lining up on the Blackwood back straight :p

If AC implement such an "open" structure to drag racing, in particular in MP, it would be great!!

robertedell likes this.
  6. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Hardcore Simmer

I think drag racing could be doable online just like the tourist layout of nord with parking spot inbetween start and finish. a timing gate could work loosly and maybe an app can provide a countdown., at very least you could have a lobby room where you can drive round back to the start line, line up with competitor and go. just like amateur street drag racing lol.

dkwuan and Quffy like this.
  7. MTFDarkEagle

MTFDarkEagle Rookie

I cannot imagine this would be difficult to implement to be honest. Have a common parking area/garage/setup/etc.., skidpad to warm tyres.
    The procedure could work like this;
    Say there are multiple people in the server.
    Player A moves from parking to the strip and stages (four yellow). He then would have to wait for a second player to stage as well, whereupon the race could start in a random amount of seconds, up to and including 10 seconds for example.

Quffy likes this.
  8. St3fan

St3fan Alien

Never tried drag racing :eek:
    Is it possible to do a wheelie? :rolleyes:

9. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Not with the current cars. Maybe mod one to be like those insane drag racing cars :)

10. Mogster

Mogster Alien

3D spectators also. They could just do with some simple animations.

11. Nyowa225

Nyowa225 Hardcore Simmer

The last time I tried drag racing in AC was over a year ago, and when I did I'm pretty sure there was no tree, just the standard starting lights AC has, and you couldn't false start as far as I can remember. It was so boring I never tried it again until last night.

But yeah it's still missing quite a few things that would make AC a better drag racing sim, but I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for them.

12. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hardcore Simmer

Yeah, I think you always had the ability to jump the start in drag mode. I remember when it first came out and it was like this right off the bat. I just wish we could have the same sort of starts in circuit mode.

13. Mogster

Mogster Alien

The light tree is relatively new though, no?

14. Epocx

Epocx Alien

Wow thats nice! Haven't noticed!
    Whats that red time on the left? Shows 1.xxx, that cant be 1 second reaction time?!?

15. Nyowa225

Nyowa225 Hardcore Simmer

d'oh. Guess I am just stupid after all. I'm with @Mogster on the tree being new though, I really don't think that was there, right? Or more accurately, it was there, as in modeled, but I don't think it lit up.

I think it's supposed to be reaction time but you're right, it seems really off. I'm 21 so all my reflexes are all going downhill already but I don't think I'm that slow yet lol. If John Force can still win in his 60's I'm pretty damn sure I should be able to dump a clutch in under a second. The lowest I was able to reliably get was down into the 0.6XX area with the P1, and even then that was only if I guessed at the green light and preemptively shifted into first.

I think the problem might be that the starting line and the spawn point are static, so that all cars spawn centered in the starting area. That would mean a longer car would have the advantage of spawning with its from bumper (or wheels, whichever the game uses as the front of the car) closer to the starting line. I don't have time to try it now but I'd bet a good way to test it would be to see if the tatuus is slower off the line than a really powerful formula k (the test car from the car modding sdk) since they share the same model.

16. Stereo

Stereo Alien

If people want false starts in regular races, what's the penalty for doing it? Drivethrough every time, with DQ if you don't complete the drivethrough on the next 2 laps?

I don't see how it contributes to better racing to let people screw up their race in the first seconds...

17. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Everyone gets one false start, and if a certain driver does a 2nd false start he is then given black flag?

Or is it allowed only one false start per race grid and when any one who false starts after that is immediately black flagged, even if he wasn't the first person to cause the false start?