1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

When do you think we might get quals?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Strummer, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

It would help when racing against the AI to be able to earn a place further up the starting grid...

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    PlayStation 4 Discussions 3 equals cars, bat diferent speed. Why? Sep 9, 2020

3. I'm sure they will be activated in one of the next few updates. Aside from that, what does it matter? Will the game really be that much more fun for you when you start on the pole, lead every lap and never actually race with any of them? Is winning the only way for fun to be achieved?

I hope that someday the AI is good enough that there is one or two of them that drives the same way I do, and laps the track with about the same times as me; that way I can have a 5 or 10 or 20 lap race constantly battling for the position. For me it doesn't really matter what position we are fighting for...maybe with sliders I could make it so that we are fighting for the lead but it really doesn't matter.

The only way to make the AI better is to have people race with them and give feedback; I would think that is the reason quals aren't on yet.

To answer the OP though, my prediction is V 0.8.5

Darren Blythe and mclarenf1papa like this.
  4. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

It's not about winning, Michael, but, especially with the AI in its present state, I want to be able to earn the right not to have to fight my way through the wreckers at the back of the grid. The faster AI starts at the front, stays at the front, and races more cleanly. If I can qualify well, that's where I want to be. I'm not really fast, though, so it doesn't guarantee a win, it just increases the chances of a more enjoyable, cleaner, more properly competitive race experience.

TrenchcoatNinja, Anuj and Jack_NL like this.
  5. Orophin18

Orophin18 Rookie

agreed, qualifying has it's place, even in SP.

6. Wrongfire

Wrongfire Hardcore Simmer

When the AI can learn not to rear end you.

7. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

Sadly, this is what I believe the Americans call "the bottom line", i.e. the ultimate truth of the situation.

8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Qualifying is needed but I also agree with Micheal here that as is with the AI's pace starting at the back actually gives more of a challenge. If I or many other guys got to qualify we would get pole against the AI pretty easily atm then just run a basic hotlap or timetrial session on our own to win the race which is as boring to me as hotlapping. Even MP has issues as its kind of hard to get a balanced field and some will be way quicker then me and others way slower so the odds of getting a good battle in a pickup race online will be quite rare.

Qualifying will surely be added soon enough though as will full race weekends and possibly seasons too, I would mostly just want A full AI setting along with picking your own grid spot. I dont really like hotlapping in general so qualifying I can do without personally and just want to race against the AI in cars I want from wherever I choose to.

I did try some 24 car grid races with the AI in the GT3's and man there was pretty much nowhere to go with cars everywhere I wanted to be. So starting the back of a large grid with the fastest car in the field is quite painful and requires lots of patience to survive that challenge and make as many passes as you can. Just imagine this along with damage :) being fully implemented, I dont think AC is quite ready for that yet but surely is a goal of the team.

AI still needs to fix their braking issues and dealing with slower traffic before you really want to start the race anywhere but the rear of the field I think. It can be good fun picking your way through as long as they dont take eachother out in the first few corners. If we start in the middle adding one RI real Idiot into the middle of the AI Aritficial Idiots will just cause chaos till this settles down a little.

9. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

If you go into the ini files even on 100% in the game the ai are from about 80% > 98%

If you changed each one in the ini file to 100% it might help.