1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Where would you go if AC did not exist?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Andrew_WOT, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Hagen

Hagen Hardcore Simmer

I would be in empty Life for speed lobbies.
    Assetto Corsa got my attention pretty early, i believe i was the fifth user that registered here.
    Since the tech-preview (elise@magione) i was convinced that Assetto Corsa and the Kunos team would deliver something special.

Thank you Kunos for the engine, Aris for the F40 and both Rufs and Marco for the deals!

Maxidyne, jim jones and Glaurung like this.
  2. Rift Racer

Rift Racer Alien

I think I might have to go..... outside.

I shudder at the thought of it.

william1141 likes this.
  3. Goettens

Goettens Simracer

The graphics are great, there is realistic weather, and the physics are awesome, but the storyline is awful and the AI is stupid.

4. And don't even get me started on the endless microtransactions.

Cote Dazur and Rift Racer like this.
  5. I would still be waiting for LFS to evolve...
    First glimpse of AC was a demo version with Fiat 500s on Nkpro track(s?), that was already promising!

6. xela1

xela1 Racer

would turn up the volume of my amp at the far right (10) - every day ;) !

7. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Racer

I divide my time over AC, R3E and pCars, so if AC would not exist there are two left.
    Enjoying all of them, each having its flaws and strong points.
    Immersion wise, it is pCars lonely at the top, with weather and time changes, lively surroundings, good 5.1...
    AC leads in triple screen support (a big plus for me).

8. claudiopolez

claudiopolez Simracer

rFactor2 is the only closest like-for like alternative. I still like it, but AC is taking all my time of course.

9. Warrior4Jah

Warrior4Jah Gamer

Short: I would probably still play Forza 4 on my Xbox360 (yes, not exactly iracing or LFS :)).

Long: Forza 4 was the first game where I decided to drive in cockpit cam and do manual shifting. It got me interested in getting a wheel, although I could not find any affordable option for the xbox360 with force feedback. The first Microsoft force feedback wheel was replaced by some motion wheel for quite some time already. As the Xbox 360 was practically eol already and I could not use that Microsoft steeringwheel on a pc, it would make a poor investment. So should I buy a cheap second hand steeringwheel for the Xbox 360 or a more expensive one which would work on pc and Xbox 360?

Then my GTX275 card died, drat! I was not really playing a lot of games which pushed my gfx card alot (Civilization 5, Anno 1404 Venice, mostly that), but if I must spend money I do want some sort of an upgrade. I managed to get a 2nd hand GTX680 and then I found out that a collegue still had Logitech momo force feedback (black version), which was hardly used. I was actually trying to find a second hand Logitech G25, but I could take his wheel of his hands for 15 euro. The up side was that I would have enough cash left to either buy Project Cars or Assetto Corsa. I like eye candy and I was amazed by the rain effect, night and other gfx in Project Cars (don't ban me Kunos; I'll explain :p); however I wanted a more realistic driving game first, which seemed to be Assetto Corsa (see? No reason to ban me :)). Also Assetto Corsa still has some great graphics! The continued dev support also makes AC a great deal.

Anyhow, these chain of events led me to abandon Forza 4 (atleast with a wheel) and got me into simracing. Sadly its not ideal to really get into it with two small kids and the pc in the livingroom, but thats another story. Nonetheless AC is my go to racegame now.

10. Tom 00

Tom 00 Simracer

I'm going outside, I maybe sometime.

11. ouvert

ouvert Alien

well I would have 34GB more space on disk :) ... other than that AMS, R3E are doing it for me just fine

12. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

iRacing and AMS.

13. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

Probably some simcade virally marketed AAA title.

14. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Probably some more real karting and trackdays, its just much cheaper and easier to run laps in AC then taking the real car to the track plus mine needs a bit of work before getting it back on a track. So maybe if AC shuts down I will finally get around to getting it track ready again.

15. [LYN] Cheesenium

[LYN] Cheesenium Hardcore Simmer

As I am rotating between AC, pcars and R3E, if AC doesn't exist.

These 3 games compliment each other very well while I enjoy all 3 for different aspects. Then, all 3 games have unique contents that others don't have.

16. plaid

plaid Alien

I assume AC is the to go sim regarding physics,streetcars and mods, the other two regarding motorsportfocus, atmosphere and features.

But what are the differences between R3E and PCars that make you rotate between those? Just out of curiosity.

17. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

I was looking for a modern, decent sim for the PC for years. I fell into the PCars hype but quickly realized it's going to be a glorified "Forza Turismo" game with some really good graphics. Would probably be playing rFactor 2 and would look into iRacing (though the costs are a major turn off) though none of those games have captured the real driving feel AC does for me. rFactor 2 is good but it's just missing... character.

PS: Oh I really gave R3E a good try, even bought some packs in it. Wasn't bad at all, but after trying AC I just can't go back to it.

18. Coanda

Coanda Alien

rF2 is great. Except for the graphics of course. I have always wanted to try out iRacing however its pricing is too much for me... Coming up i cant wait to get my hands on KartKraft.

19. WallyM

WallyM Alien

I'd take another look at RF2, just for the completeness of it's features and you'd probably find a league relatively easily.

20. eSEA One

eSEA One Hardcore Simmer

Get my wife, kids and the god-dam cats back!
    I put Dirt Rally in a diffrent category, as I already have it its time would increase.
    But for the tarmac interests :
    Have not tried it yet, Automobilista has caught my attention a little. Also Forza on the PC has my interest, waiting on wheel and 3 screen support for Apex to make a real judgement.