1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Which one is faster? ercedes-Benz 190E EVO II vs BMW M3 E30 Gr.A 92

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Rashid, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Rashid

Rashid Rookie

Which one is faster? Mercedes-Benz 190E EVO II vs BMW M3 E30 Gr.A 92?
    Please don't write about alfa, because I know it's faster. I think they are quite comaprable.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics Anyone else finding the Alpine being much faster than any other GT4 cars since 1.9? May 30, 2023
    ACC Virtual Reality 2 _ seconds faster Oct 26, 2022
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Misano | Track Guide + Setup | Tips to be faster Jun 14, 2022
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Kyalami | Track Guide | Tips to be faster Feb 23, 2022
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Paul Ricard | Track Guide | Tips to be faster Nov 4, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Hungaroring | Track Guide + Setup | Tips to be faster Sep 23, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Barcelona | Track Guide | Tips to be faster Jul 3, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Silverstone | Track Guide | Tips to be faster Jun 21, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Brands Hatch | Track Guide | Tips to be faster Jun 11, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Monza | Track Guide | Tips to be faster May 20, 2021
    ACC Physics Safe setup might be faster than aggressive setup for you Apr 19, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Imola | Track Guide | Tips to be faster Apr 9, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC - Nurburgring - Track Guide - Tips to be faster Mar 26, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC - SPA - Track Guide - Tips to be faster Mar 18, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC - Setup Guide - How to be faster - Essential Knowledge Mar 7, 2021

3. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

According to the 1992 DTM season the Mercedes:

upload_2017-12-8_12-48-5.png

The Mercedes also won most of the races in that year.
    Source: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deutsche_Tourenwagen-Meisterschaft_1992

According to this source (sorry, it's in German) the Mercedes from the 1992 season still seems to hold records for most wins and points, fastest qualifying laps, fastest race laps and kilometers in pole in a DTM season ever:
    https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_W_201#Mercedes_190_DTM-Versionen

Edit: The Alfa 155 didn't race DTM in 1992, but in 1993 for the first time. In 1992 it raced in the Italian Touring Car championship, but with a smaller engine. The version we have (the V6) is the 1993 DTM car.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  4. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Which one is more awesomer? Easy question.

Hugo Catarino likes this.
  5. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

I think we can demonstrate empirically which is fastest in the hands of most drivers. RSR Live Timing publishes world record data from their AC plug-in on PC.

http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLiveTiming/index.php?page=world_records

I use this data in my Assetto Corsa Lap Time comparison spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...hwk8Y7TgoPSPV1q5kf6zNV_YmU/edit#gid=265138784

This document pulls the results from the RSR website, so it's up to date as of today.

I built a comparison that looked at the record time for each of the three 1990's DTM cars available in Assetto Corsa, and ranked them from fastest to slowest. I then counted the number of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place ranks for each car. The results were not all that surprising:

[​IMG]

As we can see, the Alfa collects the most 1st place records, with the BMW coming in with the second most. The BMW has nearly twice as many 2nd place records.

From this, we can say that in a hotlap scenario, the Alfa is fastest, the BMW is second, and the Mercedes comes in third. However, it is worth noting that the fastest car isn't always the best choice. The Alfa is a bit harder to handle, and so mistakes are more possible. I find the Mercedes very easy to toss around, so I have an easier time overtaking in it.

SlimCharles likes this.
  6. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

That last thing you said about the Merc being easier to drive than the Alfa so mistakes can be a critical point during a race (even when the Alfa is noticeable faster) can be seen in one of the craziest races I had online (me in the Merc against two Alfas).

PD: No need to watch the full video. But please, just watch the first corner :eek:

Hugo Catarino and bradleyland like this.
  7. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

Wow! What an incredible race. I love it when I find clean racers who can go lap after lap in close racing without contact. Ok, so one small incident at the arena on lap 3 and lap 5, but that's racing. They don't call it the arena for nothing lol :)

I have to hand it to you, because most of that race you were more or less driving around two racers who were only barely able to control their cars. Your defensive driving was most of the reason that race was clean. I mean, where did they think they were going on T1? Drive through you? o_O It was evident once you got in front of the Alfa on the last lap, that they had nothing left to bring. The rear was stepping out at every corner from too much throttle. Excellent demonstration of why the Alfa may turn faster laps, but the Merc is a great car to win races in.

Anyone who could turn that off mid-race isn't a true motorsports fan :) This race had more passing than a full season of F1, haha.

SlimCharles likes this.
  8. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

To be fair with them, and related with the topic of the thread, the Alfa seems to have a much worse braking. That's probably why they were surprised of how early I breaked (thank goodness it was a clean pass and one of the most astonishing maneuvers I've seen when racing online).

Worse braking means less chances when there is an unexpected incident. It also means it's very difficult you manage to do overtaking by braking (divebombs :D).