1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Why hot lap leaderboards should be the first new addition to AC (A treatise)

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Yaterade, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Yaterade

Yaterade Gamer

(Excuse the philosophy joke)

I've had the game since 4pm here in California (the wonders of easily being able to get games out of region) and the biggest omission for me so far is the lack of leaderboards. The main categorization of AC since its early PC days was that it was a "hot lap simulator". The career mode was lacking, the number of cars/tracks wasn't quite there (mainly at the beginning), and the AI was rubbish.

For the console release, no private servers? Big issue for those wanting to play with friends or join leagues. The career leaves much to be desired especially going up against what console users typically expect in racing games where the mindset isn't the PC one of having everything unlocked and available from the get go, but rather needing to go through the lower tiers and unlock faster cars to give the feeling of progression. This is how console gaming has always been.

AC didn't want to go that route and that's fine. I've played PC sims since the Grand Prix Legends/GP 500 days and the realism and difficulty of just banging out times and getting better at control was what games like that were all about. The modding scene was equally huge for both those games (many people think modding, especially set up modding, was what saved GP Legends), but you don't get that with consoles.

So if you're going to have a game that is all about physics and the individuality of the cars themselves, whose identity has always been the hot lap, not having a place where console users can pit themselves against one another in a controlled, competitive environment (much more controlled than public lobbies) I think is the main boat that the game is currently missing. You've got a title where the focus obviously is not on the career mode, so how do you engage your customers and give them a reason to keep coming back? The way that AC has always been set up, it has to be with competitive hot lap rankings to start.

I know a lot of you are in need of private lobbies, but it seems like leaderboards could be a quicker fix that keeps interest in the game alive for those who have always wanted a physics focused game like AC on consoles.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Racing/Hotlapping against other players' ghost Dec 3, 2023
    Screens & Videos ACC | Monza | HotLap + Setup | Ferrari 296 GT3 - 1:47.322 May 10, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Hotlap Session - start driving and TC and ABS changes Mar 23, 2023
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Cota | HotLap + Setup | Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO - 2:04.902 Oct 29, 2022
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Audi Evo 2 Hot Lap + Setup Oulton Park 1:33.3 Oct 15, 2022
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Donington | HotLap + Setup | Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO - 1:26.430 Aug 13, 2022
    Console Lounge Hotlap Challenge 277 Jun 26, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 276 Jun 11, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 275 Jun 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Weekly Hotlap Challenge May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 274 May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 273 May 14, 2022
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Misano | HotLap + Setup | Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO - 1:33.227 May 7, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #272 May 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 271 Apr 26, 2022

3. inthebagbud

inthebagbud Gamer

Nicely put and hopefully we will get some answers in the next few days

4. Rex

Rex Racer

I definitely agree, on PC we have RSR Live timing but they are not official leaderboards and they get reset every few months making them useless. AC needs some kind of official progress / performance profile online.

Grand Apeiron and kofotsjanne like this.
  5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Hopefully a leaderboard where its possible to even compare times with console versions. Would be awesome and give us the feeling that we play the same game even though its on different platforms. It would give more of a community feel.

Hammerpgh likes this.
  6. Bo-Göran Larsson

Bo-Göran Larsson Hardcore Simmer

So would the official do as long the physics Change.

7. inthebagbud

inthebagbud Gamer

If udp support was added to consoles www.simracingmanager.com provides an app that provides leaderboards sorted by platform/drivers/track etc and works great for Pcars

Hammerpgh likes this.
  8. Rex

Rex Racer

@Bo-Göran Larsson Yes, but they can keep the lap times on the server and put a display filter on the leaderboard by version. Also any progress I do (WRs, number of laps, KMs driven, etc) should be kept in an online profile that never gets deleted. This way each time I play it increases my profile, it's not just vanished.

Yaterade likes this.
  9. BobTheDog

BobTheDog Hardcore Simmer

For me this is very important as all I tend to do on racing games is hot lap. Was a little surprised that leaderboards are not there.

Fingers crossed for an update.

InaiMathi and Grand Apeiron like this.
  10. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

I agree we need this as a priority. Relying on RSR is a bit unprofessional..
    This IS a hotlap simulator at the core, which im perfectly fine with..