1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic WHY NO F40 ONLINE!?!?!?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by BiggNasty187, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

Overlooking the bigger issue that there is never actually anyone online to race against anyway.......
    Drifting anyone? Track day at Nurburgring?
    No thanks.

2. woqr

woqr Rookie

I love also F40 and for the time being I have enough to manage it against IA at easy level :)

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

L2D_Gopher and paul_wev like this.
  4. lol, not for the first time.

I get it, the console version is lacking compared to the PC version, and no one is disputing that.

But there are people here getting so worked up about certain cars not being available to drive, that it begs the question why they even bother with AC at all!? So much so, that our favourite console player even wished bad things to happen to the dev behind the decision! What a mature, well mannered guy...

And yes, all users, console or PC are well within their rights to make 'justified complaints', but do so without acting like a spoiled brat who expects to get what they want, whenever they want. Seems there are people here who seem unable to do so...

HavanaB0B and paul_wev like this.
  5. BiggNasty187

BiggNasty187 Gamer

"All because people questioned why a video game in 2017 wouldn’t allow them race the Ferrari F40 against their friends, when it was available in other modes, and it was the incompetence of a developer preventing it from being used – not a complicated licensing agreement restricting it’s activity."

At least someone agrees, lol.

6. HAZEYNIGHTS

HAZEYNIGHTS Gamer

All cars should be made available to drive online period.:cool:

Sick of having to use the same cars on the same tracks with the same settings and the same stupid no track limits and the same no decent track temp and tyre warmers :eek:and the same :confused:HOMERSo_O that seem to come and go once they dohh kill everyone at the start and the same stupid HOMER disconnected :rolleyes:HOMER connected in the bloody middle of the screen and ohhh piss flaps went a bit of track:oops: erm yeahhh give us all cars on all tracks simples;)

7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I dont think Kunos can cure "Homers". :D

MBK72, SlimCharles and HAZEYNIGHTS like this.
  8. Spitfire77

Spitfire77 Racer

I have run into times when I wanted to race a specific car online and can't even find it on the list to search. Yeah it blows you can't always just race what you want, but if you are at all paying any attention, Kunos has been putting a lot of time and effort into bringing a new online system to consoles.

That also brings me to the attitude about consoles being second class .. this is kinda nuts. Kunos took many years to get the PC version to were it is today, and now the development on the PC side has been slowed somewhat so that they can work on the consoles. Hey PC guys have to pay for or run/manage/support their own servers if they want to decide how the server is run.. and on consoles it seems like we are likely going to get private/custom online lobbies without having to pay for or provide our own server. How is that second class? They are changing things up to please the new console community.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
    Hagen, BiggNasty187 and paul_wev like this.
  9. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

It is really a shame that in the game that has the most accurate representation of the real cars, you cant use them all online.

These days im getting in Trackday lobbies just to drive different cars (surprised that you can get very good races here). Im tired of the same type of lobbies.

And there are so many cars that are such a fun to drive and you cant use them online or they are restricted to Trackday lobbies. Cars like F40, Countach, 4c, Yellowbird, Quattro, Miura, Ford GT40, M235i, corvette c7 (restricted to trackday), Cobra, Giulia GTA...... etc

HAZEYNIGHTS and ppbucko like this.
  10. djtopa

djtopa Hardcore Simmer

To me even more tragic is fact that when I want to drive online even a race cars that I dont like so much like road cars in AC there is no track that I like to drive (Nurburgring GP,Mugello,Zandvooer,barcelona GP etc) only ,Spa ,Imola,Monza and to me they are boring as hell and ofcourse Green Hell track day that I better drive alone or with AI hahaha and we have great track and street cars in game that are never used:(

SlimCharles likes this.
  11. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

MBK72 and SlimCharles like this.
  12. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

If you haven't already, read the comments section. PRC got right under a certain developers skin with this post.

I like the overall sentiment of the article if not the tone. The AC comments are spot on and I'm afraid they deserved a far rougher ride in the press than they have ever had - mainly I suspect because the recently revealed business deal was already well known by insiders.

PRC is clearly hitting a nerve and this shows the value of those without an agenda to push.

If you think the devs and journalist sites are all above this, here is an interesting read:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...t-after-game-website-exposes-blacklist-threat