1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

XB1 Why such a bad optimization?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by evgenyserdyuk, Oct 5, 2016.

1. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

yes i'm pretty sure,,my minions have been investigating;)

2. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Believe the lie long enough does it become truth ? Answer no.

kofotsjanne likes this.
  3. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

do you want to bet? im referring the consoles cpu

4. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

You got proof to back up your claim?

5. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Seriously Pcars has got a pretty complex physics engine ( like it or loathe it ) plus dynamic night and day plus dynamic weather plus double the cars on track far better damage the list goes on and on , yet the consoles CPU seems to cope with that ok , not to mention all the other complex AAA games out there.

Its been proven Assetto doesn't even run at 60fps more like 40 and thats with having none of the above, flat scenery and not much going on in the way of effects and only a hand full of cars on track.

Don't get me wrong I enjoy the game but it is what it is a low budget product.

Fanapryde, Patrik Marek and PaulxB like this.
  6. saeidj

saeidj Gamer

It surprises me that no matter what people complained about, the fact that it's a small company and they are quarter the size of Forza team or other huge companies is brought up. So, does it mean that I can go and make a device that doesn't work well and sell it in the market and just say that i'm a single person team to justify selling such product that doesn't function as it should ?

I truly think it's the best physics sim on the consoles and I believe that Kunos Studios are a hard working team and they do their best to bring out the best AC on the console but yet it doesn't justify the state the game is at now.

Johnnyjoejones and Bibbles like this.
  7. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

beleive what you want to beleive, as god told me

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  8. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

I believe what I see not what I'm told ;)

9. Stop being such a fan boy. Do you work there? It's a legitimate question!

10. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

here is my proof...
    [​IMG] :D:D

Bibbles likes this.
  11. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

who could've thought...

12. Exactly, why do people keep bringing that up! If they are such a hard working small team (which they literally could be, I don't know them), then sell us the beta for 3-5 dollars/euros..whatever, and tell us it's a work in progress. No one would complain! (hopefully) lol

13. liakjim

liakjim Alien

I am not sure this is the case.
    I don't know the numbers since I am not a dev but since I own both titles, I can't really be persuaded that PCars is even at the same league regarding physics engine.
    Pcars feels so much simpler.
    Reading at AC's change log through time, makes me wonder how on earth they manage to calculate all these things and still be playable.
    Truth is that you need a really strong CPU to have 24AI cars on track. There are some modded tracks with more pit boxes and you can try yourself.

So in words : I believe that AC's physics calculations are so complex that today's consoles simply don't have the cpu power. 16AI limit is because of this.

Let's see.

Mauler_77 and TeKnO-_-91 like this.
  14. WNCmotard

WNCmotard Racer

If memory serves, AC was priced lower than other AA titles. $10 less for digital and $20 less for the pre-order physical disc. I can understand a lot of things being reduced or omitted on consoles, but some things are simply deal breakers, and for that reason I've moved on to PC, and I'm not looking back. Sold my XB1 yesterday as a matter of fact.

15. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

Well at least i'm not the only one who hasnt a clue as it seems no won else knew/knows the actual cpu usage of Assetto on the console

Bibbles likes this.
  16. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

it's not that well optimized, becasue someone made a decission how much budget will go to console ports, simple as that
    if they wanted "better" game, they would have to put more money (people) on it, but it was decided not to

having better, polished and more complete game won't necessarily transfer into more sales/money to be made ( in a sence, giving it 2x bigger budget, won't give you 2x more sales)

like it or dont' , there are other options out there

you have to enjoy it for what it is and not for what you want it to be

sure, I can understand people being upset, but this isn't the first XB1 port that has serious performance issues compared to PS4 or PC, .. so perhaps XB1 isn't that great console after all, ... and it needs game to be made exclusively for XB1 with a massive team - like what Forza is doing,.. but then this isn't option for many developers, so you as a gamer have to buy also ps4 or PC, .. sad but true.

I bought XB1 because of Forza series, .. so yes, not ideal , I would have prefer it on PC so that I don't have to buy new hardware ( which might soon be true) , but I made that decission, nobody forced me

if you bought XB1 expecting every game to be running on par with those of Forza, then you will be most likely disapointed

17. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

I paid £41 for AC.
    I paid £41 for FH3.

One runs like a three legged dog, the other runs like a racehorse.

Just saying.

18. myimac

myimac Alien

I have to say the performance I am getting from the Xbox 1 game is game breaking. Frame drops I can handle, but when you can't control the car it is unacceptable. I could do you a video of a whole lap going round at what felt like five frames per second and resulted in multiple crashes due to freezing.

I have turned off all background processes and quit every app but it is the same but even still I shouldn't need to.

Consoles are plug and play. The moment I have to troubleshoot performance on console then it is a problem

Johnnyjoejones likes this.
  19. Luke7

Luke7 Simracer

The patch on the ps4 made the gameplay a lot smoother and I suspect the Xbox one will similarly improve. No point wasting energy on something that could well no longer be an issue in a few days time.

Patrik Marek likes this.
  20. myimac

myimac Alien

It's not the fact I can't play on console as I have VR on PC but it's the facts that if I only had a console and tried the game pre patch I would never touch the game again due to the fact that at any point an 8 lap race can be crippled by shocking performance. It would rob me of the chance to experience assettos true greatness. That makes me sad

MBK72 likes this.