1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Would this count as an illegal convert

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Brownninja97, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

israelPhone, PAKFA and TheBestBeast like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay [Nords] Retired AI or AI in pits do not count as having finished the race Apr 3, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Formation lap counts as race lap Jan 27, 2024
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Pitstop countdown Mar 11, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Countdown Sep 26, 2022
    Chit Chat Room associating my account with steam Jul 14, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Two acount on the same PC ,bug [Both accounts used same profile and config folder] May 21, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Do previous special events count towards PC rating May 12, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Lap counter 99 -> 00 Feb 27, 2022
    ACC User Interface ACC v1.8 - CINEMA HUD Blade Count doesn't seem to work Dec 22, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Graphical skin error - E Bamber wrong country flag on 2021 car Dec 2, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Pit Stop Counter on Leaderboard Nov 24, 2021
    ACC User Interface FPSCounter/System Info gadget Aug 1, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Reset ACC account Jul 20, 2021
    ACC User Interface [1.7.11] Loading screen doesn't show opponent count in SP; wrong time of day Jun 20, 2021
    Screens & Videos Supra drifting in the countryside Jun 6, 2021

3. Find out if it's an illegal conversion from another game or not. It most likely isn't because there are pictures of the wireframe (keep in mind that I know little to nothing about modeling, so I don't know if you can see the wireframe when illegally converting) and the interior and taillights are a bit off. Seems like a legit website though, but the models are a bit pricey lol.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  4. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Idk.. but from a certain perspective, when you're buying a 3d model and then you add the physics, and adapt that 3d model the way cars look in game, with the shaders etc.. I'd say it shouldn't be counted as illegal mod. You didn't steal the 3d model from anyone, you'd be buying it.

Yea like above said, you make sure you're buying it from a shop that sells originally made 3d models, and didn't previously steal from other games, or from someone's else work. The shop you posted the link, seems to be a legit one.

PAKFA likes this.
  5. Alphan

Alphan Rookie

That's dedication right there.

Leemstradamus likes this.
  6. Rigel

Rigel Alien

Illegal or not, that's waaaaaaaaaaaay too detailed for AC. 733k polys (not to mention triangles) it's almost three times the suggested limit.

israelPhone and irfan.pratama like this.
  7. If he can afford a $145 model, surely he can hire someone else to make a low-poly animated model. This has WAY too many polys like you said and it's not even animated. It's not rigged, either (whatever that means :p)

8. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

You need to have the authorization of the copyright owner that (1) you can use it in a mod for AC and (2) you can simplify it to the extent necessary for the mod (if only for LODs).

And for the love of all the flat 6's, if you buy a Porsche model, please buy the GT3 cup version! ^^

Nyowa225 likes this.
  9. pmc

pmc Hardcore Simmer

what about this one, only $20 :) [​IMG]

cerebus23, Cefa, esox71 and 5 others like this.
  10. Nothing has to be animated....

And anyway, it would depend on the modeler's answer if you asked whether or not you could use it in AC or not. If they say yes then it would be fine. (but considering it has an editorial license, I suspect the answer would be no....

TheBestBeast likes this.
  11. I'm sure it would be fine considering he bought it. They can't complain if they have his money :D

12. Sarcasm? They're selling a model and it's under copyright rules, so if the permissions the copyright allows don't include using the model commercially, he can't do anything with it.

Patrik Marek likes this.
  13. Yes

14. Sarcasm translates really badly in writing

15. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Why are we talking through spoilers now?! Don't spoil me with an answer though.

16. the_meco

the_meco Alien

Different websites have different licence policies. Some are quite restrictive so it's worth looking around as most artists will upload their models to more than one website.

A requirement would also be to contact the model creator to ask for permission, some may be ok with it, I imagine others may not. Also 150 is cheap... your average car for AC can take 200 hours + to make.

17. Epocx

Epocx Alien

The editorial license says no:

1.3. Certain Products with third party copyrighted or trademarked images, logos, brand names, etc., may require additional licensing, rights, permissions, releases, or clearance for non-editorial use.

It is for editorial use only.
    You can still do it but you are not allowed to distribute it

18. So essentially he can make the mod for himself but he can't release it to the AC public?

19. Blame

Blame Alien

Its illegal until proven legit built from scratch, nothing else to say.

20. I'm sure that if the creator accepts the request for OP to add the model to AC, he would provide proof so it could be made and released legally.

21. Matty28

Matty28 Simracer

The creator will not allow you to release it to AC publicly because then he won't be able to charge $145 for people to use the model in future because everyone will already have it.