1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Wr with gamepad? how fast should gamepad vs wheel be in ac?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by PAKFA, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

2. It would annoy the hell out of the gamepad/mouse/keyboard users, PAKFA. If that happened, chances are those same users would look elsewhere for their sim racing fix.

3. Quffy

Quffy Alien

There is no button mashing, PS and XBOX gamepads (or other modern popular ones) use axis for brake and gas (triggers), and obviously the analog stick is also an axis. Therefore the only difference with a wheel is the rotation range. And gamepad controls have support to simulate the speed at which you'd move a steering wheel with your hands. And you can also lower the steering/virtual degrees of the cars for gamepads.

4. Another day, another useless thread started by @PAKFA with the intent of bashing something in AC.

Done.
    [​IMG]

Nahkamarakatti, Kyo, bondyboy and 3 others like this.
  5. Tucker73

Tucker73 Hardcore Simmer

yeah getting a little rough in there last night, I was hit around a bit...id cause 2 though...oops,sorry, my bad, could've been me.

6. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Only you support this theory that new and existent simracers would like more if the game had no or bad gamepad support. Just because it has good driving support, doesn't influence in anything what you do with a ffb steering wheel. Should they also discriminate non-ffb steering wheels? Should they also discriminate steering wheels which have a rotation range lower than the lowest steering rotation car in the game?

7. insectbrain

insectbrain Gamer

The level of absurdity in this thread is almost beyond belief.

Someone is upset that some pad users are faster than they are and their reaction is to want all pad users penalized? Am I reading this correctly?

Someone is upset and they want to impose their point of view on everyone else so they can feel good about themselves? Really?

Thanks just the same, as I really needed a good laugh.

noninmedia and The Moose like this.
  8. For me using a wheel is 100% easier than using a pad, should they make me slower for pad users to be able to beat me ? :p

Quffy likes this.
  9. They should make you slower anyway, William....just so that the rest of us have a chance!

10. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

btw Pafka: Wheel user are already faster then any gamepad user. Im fast in race, but not always in front, there are many ones, who drive easily faster. Hotlapping isnt that important too, so calm down. Everything is right.

11. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I could understand the concern if the leaderboards were dominated by pad and keyboard users but pad users are less than 10% of times on RSR and fast pad users are quite rare...

mrk1001, Nahkamarakatti and Kristaps like this.
  12. Rodrigo Pires

Rodrigo Pires Simracer

You can drive iracing with your phone :D

13. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  14. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

Fine, I give up. The majority wins here. I can admit my view is not shared by many, that doesn't mean I will change it, I still think equality among input devices is wrong is a sim that values true simulation.

So let's just leave it like this and agree to disagree.

15. How are input devices equal if almost all of us know we would be slower if we used a pad instead of a wheel?

16. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

They are equal because it possible to be that good, because those guys prove it's possible. The only reason we are not as good as them it's because we don't have enough practice with pads, that all.

The game allows to be that good if you have enough practice. It's as simple as that and it should not be, no matter how good you are with a pad, there should be a limit, call it a soft lock if you want.

17. Seems to me that there is already a limit considering that there isn't a pad user in the game faster than BenC, Hany, William L, or any of the handful of other aliens that occupy the top of the populated leaderboards. I'm not that fast yet I doubt there is more than one or two pad users that are faster than me.

Then what comes next? Should I not be allowed to be faster than you because I didn't spend as much money for my wheel?

xyr and Rodrigo Pires like this.
  18. Quffy

Quffy Alien

There is no button mashing, PS and XBOX gamepads (or other modern popular ones) use axis for brake and gas (triggers), and obviously the analog stick is also an axis. Therefore the only difference with a wheel is the rotation range. And gamepad controls have support to simulate the speed at which you'd move a steering wheel with your hands. And you can also lower the steering/virtual degrees of the cars for gamepads.

19. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I use my XB360 pad for Trackmania and Spintyres, it works great there. I've done about 2 laps in AC before giving up, I certainly didn't find it easy. I accept that some kiddywinks were almost born with a game pad in their hand though so maybe it comes more naturally.

If someone can manage a WR with a game pad then I salute them tbh...