1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic X-bow is killing me

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by warth0g, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Until now it's unlikely.

2. BobTheDog

BobTheDog Hardcore Simmer

One of the problems on the XBOX at least with the career and the X-Bow is the computer controlled cars at imola are amazingly good, you have to be going some to beat them and a tiny mistake is enough not to finish in the top 3.

On the other track (can't remember what it was) they are awful, piss simple to beat them and get a gold. So you have easy access to two golds (with the first silly points thing) and you need to scrape a bronze on one of the imola races.

The difficulty level on this bit of the career is well wonky, maybe it will be fixed with the new update.

olevet likes this.
  3. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

You can give that x bow a lot moŕe stick than most people realise on Imola if you're good enough to hold the slide .

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  4. BistoKid

BistoKid Racer

On a similar note I wondered if Caterham/Lotus 7 was going to be modelled. These are great fun with a strong rear end and enjoyed the mod on PC.

Actually, I would prefer to see the Ginetta family introduced more but perhaps we will have to wait for both.

MartyBook likes this.
  5. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

Yes to both suggestions. The Caterham is one of my favorites, and I've always had a soft spot for Ginettas too. The G40 in PCars is great and would be even better in AC...

BistoKid likes this.
  6. BistoKid

BistoKid Racer

Completely agree, Ginetta's are my favourite, especially the G40's as they offer close competitive racing, something that I loved with the old TOCA game. If AC could offer some pack racing cars that would be awesome. PCars do have a wonderful selection of cars but AC wins hands down for driving experience.

Ginetta and a selection of BTCC tracks would be my dream !!

7. Fat-Alfie

Fat-Alfie Hardcore Simmer

I learned so much about car control when I tried to master the X-Bow. I would love a BAC Mono to go with the KTM X-Bow...

olevet, Tomcul and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  8. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

OMG TOCA - such good memories.. that game is the reason why I have a fondness for that old Audi A4 shape... was my favorite in that game... so good! "Race the WTCC game" or whatever it was called was good too.. seriously close racing..

olevet, BistoKid and Bibbles like this.
  9. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

I'd love a development team to make a WTCC/BTCC game or even just add it as a DLC, TOCA is what got me into games.

BistoKid and warth0g like this.
  10. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

I asked Marco this and he said no plans currently.

11. Racer_Z

Racer_Z Gamer

For everyone having problems with the X-Bow, I would suggest to work on the setup and specifically lowering the suspensions height, leaving the rear a bit higher than front. This suggestion was made by an user last week (don't remember if was on this thread or another one) and it completely changed the handling of the X-Bow for me.

ANAMENOONEHAS likes this.
  12. LotusTeam

LotusTeam Gamer

I'm starting to think pcars car list is really great because people often wish for those cars appear in AC had already been built in pcars for thousand years ago....

13. xtro

xtro Gamer

Pcars is great as being an arcade racer with auto steering assist Always on

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

14. LotusTeam

LotusTeam Gamer

Yes it's much better without them (brake/steering assist, and I think people seldom switch them on), and just set other driving assist to "real" then I would say it's a great sim even if it's physics and FFB are still not as good as AC

15. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Like my papa used to say "short shifting is a poor mans traction control":p

olevet and RoccoTTS like this.
  16. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

I like beautiful women.:)

17. SkechBG

SkechBG Racer

The first time when i try it was a terrible experiance to me...but after tell myself i need to finish a lap in Nordshchliefie with the X-bow..now i love it...is triky yes..is hard to control sometimes yes...but is amazing...and when you drive it lots you get the point of it and is really fun later :)

olevet, paul_wev and Fat-Alfie like this.
  18. LotusTeam

LotusTeam Gamer

Actually I don't feel any problem with that X-bow, even a little bit, I don't have problem and I really like driving yellow bird, Ford GT40, Lotus classics and even F40 either, but to tell the truth I am really getting some handling problem on the Abarth 595, I always lose control at tight curve

19. hobieone

hobieone Gamer

yes, I agree as I found out like others here lowering the ride height is the key to making the car more stable with the rear a little higher than the front. I would only touch the tire pressures depending on what the tire temps are. and this approach works good on the ps4 as well.

20. Luc Sr

Luc Sr Rookie

Hi guys,
    For me, besides lowering the beast, one of the major performance adjustment was to set the tire pressure quite high in the front -- like say, 34 -- with 10 less at the rear. It changes the handling drastically and it speeds up the Bow like an arrow as a bonus. Of course, it will always handle like a kart (which in fact it is: a free-wheel, sophisticated kart); so braking in straight line only and a being careful with the throttle in and out of curves is a must. Also use the compression a lot along with the brakes.
    Hope this will help.

olevet and paul_wev like this.