1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Yay ....Michael's out of coma

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Mark Worthington, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Guys,

Just heard Michael Schumacher is out of coma and has now been moved to different hospital

2. Big Engine

Big Engine Simracer

I read it when I've returned home today and I was too happy about that news. He is one of my sport heroes and I can only wish him and his family to exit this bad situation as soon as possible. I'm only sure that everything that depends on him and his will power will be ok cause you don't became a legend if you don't have a couple of big bad square b***s in your pants

3. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

There are still no reports on what, if any, brain damage he has sustained. I really do hope that it all turns out OK and sincerely hope that he will recover to the best of possible states.

Louizf and brianr121 like this.
  4. They are saying he is communicating but to what extent nothing is certain but it sounds better than nothing at all

5. petesky

petesky Simracer

I wonder if he walked out?

6. Big Engine

Big Engine Simracer

after six months in a bed you surely need some physic therapy before your legs became again strong enoght to walk

7. Too soon for that sort of thing to be honest.....he's been in a bed for months and his muscles will be too weak to support his weight

8. brianr121

brianr121 Racer

Good to hear of the progress though. We've all seen just how hard he can fight behind the wheel. I'm sure he'll give it all he's got. Keep fighting Michael!

9. Turk

Turk Alien

I hope it's a sign he's improving. I know someone who was in a serious bike accident at an Irish road race, he came out of his coma very slowly, people had hope when they saw he was aware of where he was but he never fully returned. He's still bed ridden years later and what makes it worse is he seems fully aware just stuck in a body that he can't properly control anymore.

I hope it's not the case for Michael.

10. Rodrigo Pires

Rodrigo Pires Simracer

I guess it´s not the case, its the contrary, the body is fine, but he´s just "too far away".

Technically schummy was out of coma in april.

http://formerf1doc.wordpress.com/

11. cerebus23

cerebus23 Simracer

Good luck Michael, great to hear positive news for a change. Best wishes to him and his family.

12. Tucker73

Tucker73 Hardcore Simmer

I think we should all try to respect the families wishes and leave them alone to recover without all the media attention, every article I read has the family asking for privacy and it still dominates, the man we knew has gone. people talking about him walking out of hospital and saying his body is fine really need to educate themselves on brain injurys.

13. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

First: Nice to hear, but with all seriousness.
    He wont talk normal nor walk/move normal for the next months/years as the known crash was heavy.
    He will be like a spastic person without beeing unfair. That sounds hard :/

14. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Unfortunately I think the media are reporting this without looking into the facts.

MS has been moved from intensive care to a rehab centre as there's no further treatment available in the hospital. Normally people are kept in induced coma for short periods of time, a fortnight at most, the drugs used have damaging side effects. MS has been in the induced coma for 4 months, not good. The articles refer to being "medically awake" that means he's not sedated but also tends to mean not responding. The lights are on but no ones home. Desperately sad but these are the facts.

I wish him and his family all the best but MS needs to confound medical science to make any sort of recovery.

3316V and Shaddix like this.
  15. spiritofsenna

spiritofsenna Simracer

Great news no doubt

But the battle is far from over my friends.

#keepfightingmichael

16. Jack_NL

Jack_NL Simracer

wauw even better news when MP for AC was out!
    indeed now comes the hardest part, fingers crossed

I am so happy that he is awake, keep fighting Micheal

17. CKraegel

CKraegel Simracer

What the hell is wrong with this Gary Hartstein?? He must be so sad :(

Anyway: best news today I can remember. Everything progresses so fine! Keep fighting, Schumi!!

18. Mogster

Mogster Alien

With the best will in the work that couldn't be further from the truth :(

19. CKraegel

CKraegel Simracer

Why that?! He had a huge accident and was nearly dead at times. After 4 weeks the progress of awakening startet, some weeks later there were first moments where he was awake and concious. And now (or probably for some time) he is awake, can communicate with his family and is in rehab close to his home! Seems like a completely fine Progress for me. Dont know what some people are expecting. Good things need time!

20. He was in the hospital for 6 months and will be a vegetable for likely the rest of his life. NOT good news.

3316V and Shaddix like this.