1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Anti-Alien technology

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Luigi Gianni Vollaro, Apr 3, 2014.

1. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

@Luigi Gianni Vollaro : you don't believe in talent but you believe in luck of all things??? That is funny. :)

2. Bo-Göran Larsson

Bo-Göran Larsson Hardcore Simmer

I Think the wr times in RSR and Rivali would be less frustrating if we could download the ghost and replays off the fastest lapps.
    Then we could se how its achieved and some hints how to do it. Eventual cheats would also gets upp in the open.
    Its when you cant se how its done thats create frustrations and wonderings.

3. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

We will get MP soon, then we can study the aliens extensively. (If they show up, if not, well, who cares about leaderboards?)
    KS is working their *** off to develop a realistic sim, and damage of all sorts of course is a part of it, there is no need remind them of what they are doing anyway, as good as they can.
    If you really want to help, tell them what setup tweaks are unrealistically fast and then they might do something about. But as of now I don't see this thread being helpful in any way...

TCLF, spiritofsenna and FishforRent like this.
  4. Bo-Göran Larsson

Ghost is already in the game. The implementation should not be that hard. maybe for those who already design the RSR and Rivali apps to do.
    Some cares about the leaderboards or else they would not exist....

5. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

They got very good setups mostly. After i used one of these, i could also reach the time:

http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRL...controller_type=all&community=all&friends=all

Im first and i think Klaus is also an "Alien Driver". I got nearly the same setup and can reach this time too (ok gamepad and abs i know... :D). If you want to be so fast like them, search for tracks, where they are slower then normal hehe. But i agree, that damage is necessary. :)

6. TCLF

TCLF Alien

now that I think of it. What is actually so bad about aliens? why is it bad that people are faster than you?

7. Bo-Göran Larsson

Aliens do make us humans feel alienated.

8. Your analysis is flawed.....;)

9. WildStyle*

WildStyle* Racer

I'm a casual cruiser and as long as I got someone right next to me with equal skill and determination to pass me, I'm good. :)

My best race was in LFS 5 lap race in GP2 cars? Formula-ish cars not too slow not too fast :D fight for 5th and 6th out of 10...Wheel to wheel, bumping into eachother, holding eachother side by side, going trough corners together and yet neither of us spin out or went off the track or did any sort of damage or anything bad to the other driver. Personally I can't remember which place did I came into, I know we did overtake some on the way that went off the track, I don't care that the first 3 had massive lead, I had fun, even trough that was the most tense race ever. :D

Snarffu, Kristaps and Shaddix like this.
  10. TCLF

TCLF Alien

if it is the fo8, it's the formula 3000

11. martcerv

martcerv Alien

You must be the worlds best driver and so your the benchmark that should not be allowed to be beaten by anyone, as they must be cheating to be quicker then you.

Thats what it sounds like to me from reading the op and rather silly.

12. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Luigi Gianni Vollaro Hardcore Simmer

I don't know what sims you've played before, but people do cheat or push the boundaries of reality, and some sims when played online can end up nothing like reality, you need to get good at the sim and exploit its weaknesses to succeed. It seems with the times I'm getting that in Assetto with my limited time the aliens are not cheats. That doesn't mean that the developers shouldn't be careful. Although I agree the title of the thread and opening post are a bit stupid, but whats done is done.

spiritofsenna likes this.
  13. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

[​IMG]

14. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Yes Im not saying that not anybody is cheating, but from my laps I can see how all times are possible without doing so. I really couldnt care less about cheats or if someone is faster then me I just want to be as good as I can be and there is always room to improve. I sim for enjoyment and get no pleasure in beating anyone if i took them out or cheated any other way to do that. If I know i raced fair and clean and won then thats good if i get beaten by a faster guy congrats to him or her? If someone cheated to beat me then they can enjoy the hollow victory in their own way it doesnt really bother me.

Id say the true aliens known from other sims are extremely unlikely to be cheating as they are just very fast no matter the sim and dont need to cheat to compete. If someone like Gregger has a good go at a combination and then is still 3 seconds off the pace you can be fairly certain that those faster are cheating. He is a good cheat detector in that way but so are the other of his breed like Ben and others that consistantly pressure these fastest guys.

Really who cares if you lead a virtual leaderboard and if you need to cheat to do it then even you wont get any real satisfaction from it. Devs should put a little effort into stopping cheats but if someone is desperate enough then they will cheat no matter what the devs do. They dont want to waste too much time and effort on this as its a never ending battle they cant win.

Some anti cheats are ok anti alien is like f1 being anti redbull. They were too good so they needed to shake things up hoping they lose some of their edge.

TCLF and Juergen Herrmann like this.
  15. bromstarzan

bromstarzan Hardcore Simmer

I see where you're coming from Luigi, and I agree in principal with parts of your statements. However,
    1. Is it possible to cheat/abuse AC resulting in "unnatural" fast laptimes? I know you can cut some corners here and there, but with proper damage/susp modelling, this "abuse" should be avoided (for longer races)? I do not know, for a fact, of any special methods used by aliens. Could you fill me in?
    2. Are there any facts on existing "unnatural" setups that produces alien car behaviour? If so, KS need to tweak it back to reality. Again, please fill me in.
    3. With tyre wear and pitstop strategies implemented, we (normal humans) might stand a chance against aliens?
    4. Some aliens are in fact just humans driving very fast :D (without sacrifying any sportmanship). I accepted this long time ago...
    The simplest solution to the problem is to drive with/against people you know (or get to know) also showing similar pace as yourself (think MP). I do not enjoy racing people x times faster than myself, nor do I enjoy racing considerably slower racers... it's a task you can set for yourself to find a good group of people keeping an enjoyable pace. If you chase WR on an online leaderboard, I understand your concern. I personally don't go there since I wouldn't find my name anywhere near the first 200 pages...

Or just join the 40's club if you haven't already ;)

16. martcerv

martcerv Alien

So I guess there are no fast guys over 40 and all pretty much the same pace. ;)

bromstarzan likes this.
  17. bromstarzan

bromstarzan Hardcore Simmer

Hehe, yep! I base this on the scientific fact that reflexes fade with age and are sadly enough replaced by time consuming decision making :p.
    Perhaps I should quit referring to myself and accept I'm aging too fast compared to my parallell self...

martcerv likes this.
  18. BenC

BenC Hardcore Simmer

Like the replays of 68 WR or near WR laps that I publicly shared on this forum for any and all to download?

Groan at this thread. Everyone is being a bit nice about it but I'm going to put it as simply as possible. I don't care if it hurts your precious feelings.

You could implement every feature you are talking about, flat spots, gearbox damage, the LOT. And NOTHING would change. The running order and the gaps between them would remain identical. If you're 4 seconds a lap slower than me, then you'll still be 4 seconds a lap slower than me if I have to deal with any of the variables you spoke of.

Stop externalizing your problems and expecting someone else to supplant your deficiencies. If you want to go faster, you need to work at it yourself. And work hard.

Its down to you, nobody else.

19. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Hehe Ben, well there would be anti alien technology this can only be achieved by letting the AI drive the car. Give the user control of the car and the best and fastest will always be the best and fastest. Make it harder needing more user control then the best will just get a larger margin as they will still get the most out of the car. They are already faster because they are more precise and consistent a guy giving it everything he has for a one off lap will struggle but a true good sim or real world driver will efficiently get the most out of the car. Add damage or whatever and they will still be faster as everyone needs to deal with this and if your already driving way beyond your abilities your likely using more of the car then someone putting in quick clean and consistent laps.

Make it very simple with lots of built in aids then its likely more people will find it easier to get closer to the limits of the car. This will reduce the gaps but still the same fast guys will be on top, its the same in real racing and why the best drivers get paid millions to drive as they can get more out of the car then anybody else. As with any skill there are different levels of mastering this, slow people find excuses fast people find more time. ;)

Michael Hornbuckle and Kristaps like this.
  20. Bo-Göran Larsson

Wow that answer was a little to aggresive ben c. Im not that frustrated theres fast guys out there.
    What you should understand is that the ability to for example download a ghost off say the 10 fastest
    in a track car combo and then use this to be a better driver, not to take the WR time from you Ben c.....
    Wouldnt it be more fun to meat more faster guys than painfully slow all the time???