1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Anti-Alien technology

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Luigi Gianni Vollaro, Apr 3, 2014.

1. TCLF

TCLF Alien

watching a wr lap doesn't make you faster. it only makes you more frustrated because it looks so easy what the wr drivers do.

2. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Luigi Gianni Vollaro Hardcore Simmer

The point I was trying to make (and massively overstated it, so sorry) is that some people do heavily unrealistic things to go fast, such as but limited to cutting to the nearest possible pixel, no or nearly no FFB, ultra-fast steering and so on, and what wrong with clipping the wings of those that might do those things? Surely it will reflect better on those who are purely 'just quick'?

Why do so many of these 'aliens' try to spin this around in 'it's just because you're slow, jealous and untalented'. But it's not talent. It's hard work, time and practice. OK
    maybe talent could be 0.5 a second a lap, and Ben, I'm impressed at your honesty in this regard, and if I had the time could get in the 0.xx and 1.xx from WR, in my favorite combos, true and many more people could be quicker if they only had more time and perseverance. If this is how you do it that's cool. However not every quick driver is the same though. Personally I can't understand the defensiveness shown by some 'aliens', if they are really that quick, nothing to fear surely? ;)

3. Bo-Göran Larsson

Bo-Göran Larsson Hardcore Simmer

Im not talking about watching. Are you not aware off what Im talking about. A ghost is not only a replay its something you can follow
    when you hotlapping in your race. Other games have that opportunity and its a great way to make progres and study others.

4. TCLF

TCLF Alien

if you have a ghost driving, you are watching it. Do you understand? and definitely if it's a ghost "it only makes you more frustrated because it looks so easy what the wr drivers do."

5. Except none of those things are unrealistic. Finding the absolute edge of the track down to the last pixel is exactly what it takes to be fast in a sim and in real life also. The purest FFB in AC is with all the effect sliders off; after that if somebody shaves off a tenth by turning their FFB down to half strength that is there prerogative; there really isn't a way to make sure everybody is running at least 100% gain.

I have 286 hours worth of hotlapping in AC so far and I am maybe a tenth and half quicker on average than when I started....Maybe all it takes is time and work and I have no problem doing the work, just not sure if even I, with not much else to do, has enough time to find a couple seconds or more.

Ben did exactly what you are wanting, he shared all his ghosts and replays; find the thread, download them and go to town trying to keep up with his ghost.

6. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Is that all? I'm seconds quicker, the more I play the quicker I get. But I find I can only do it if I turn off all timing and ghosts. Trying to beat my or someone elses' best time I find hugely distracting. I need to 100% focus on the track.

7. TCLF

TCLF Alien

with the difference that micheals times start off way faster than yours. that part is called talent.

8. I dont really care about any anti cheat mechanisms cause in the leagues i plan to race-participate all the guys will be there for fun and enjoyment.I prefer Kunos team spends their dev time implementing damage -the more parts we can damage or fail due to abuse the better-.

9. Bo-Göran Larsson

So when Im hotlapping I can drive with ben c ghost the same way I can with my own??? Did know that was possible
    Didnt know that was possible to download others complete best laps and convert them to your own hotlap.
    Did not know that was possible. Thats great to be able to race and Watch others ghost in your own hotlapp. Not saying I or others will do the same times but I Thinks their will be some faster improvements. I Think its rather dull to hotlapp but with this it makes it more fun.

10. Bo-Göran Larsson

11. From my 33 hours in AC 2/3 of that was trying to get a decent feeling with my controls.I was really stuck and never felt comfortable.Feeling ok with your controls and having ffb that you can trust helps immensely.Also being not a hotlapper meant that i had to retune my driving style.Some ppl are able to extract every tenth pushing to the limit while others need to be comfortable and have to take their time getting accustomed to a track or car.Usually i reach my best times at 10-15 laps during a practise run.From there on the more laps i do, brings some more tenths down here or there but it mostly helps with my consistency.

Also id like to point out that sometimes Bens views may sound harsh,cynical or even arrogant but hes just not sugarcoating the truth.And the truth is that with practise -as much as possible- and studying -along with some self doubt-critic about your abilities- you re only going to find time on track.If you manage to get rid of bad habits and constantly evolve your driving -by studying- then over the years youll be able to adapt quicker and go faster.One other thing that may happen subconsciously is to visualize your lap and almost imagine how fast you need to go.And then push that boundary to go even faster.

The above is my personal approach and i know im not an alien -i also never had the motivation to be one nor the skills but that may be an other subject all together-.But even then i never stop to want to go quicker.We need to remember that we do this for fun,so we must be able to control and supress our growing frustration and ego.

So the more time you invest in constructive practise and not in repeating bad habits over and over again,the faster and more consistent youll be.

Bo-Göran Larsson likes this.
  12. BenC

BenC Hardcore Simmer

I should have quoted better. The first line was for you, the rest of my post was for the OP.

I'm abbrassive because i've been listening to this excuse for 15 years from people. "driving unrealistically" etc. Some people (not all) seem DETERMINED to find external factors for why they are not on the pace, not realizing that its your job as a driver to maximize every variable you can get your hands on, whether in a sim or in a car. If you're not fast enough, its you. And only you.

The Moose and TCLF like this.
  13. When I'm hotlapping I'm cussing so much my dogs are hiding in the other room...if I'm not cursing I'm going to slow.....lol

I've been using my wheel with other games for the last three or four years so I was already used to it when AC came out. In both the Tech Preview and now I ran the setup wizard once, set my gain to 100% and other than turning down the effects sliders about 5% each, I haven't touched the control options since.

I started with my DFGT on the old tire model at iracing and if you wanted to even make a lap on that thing you had to know your wheel intimately.

Bo-Göran Larsson likes this.
  14. Bo-Göran Larsson

And I think 90% understand this, however people will always be more critical and question things
    in an enviroment that is more exposed to being manipulated. That will always be the case unfortenatly,
    and it will also be a easy way for some to excuse their own lack off talent or determination.

15. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

There's no need for personal attacks. Grow up.

16. TCLF

TCLF Alien

I'm not attacking, I'm comparing. Since we were talking about talent vs training, I gave an example of talent. and talking about attacking. you called all aliens cheaters which is way more attacking.

17. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

What actually said was ' it would be cool if the developers designed the simulation in a way in which it was hard to cheat or manipulate the simulation to be able to go faster'.
    I said nothing about being frustrated because I'm slow or making excuses for my own driving ability. You (and others) seem to be reading things in where they don't exist, if anyone says anything about aliens other than praise, therefore it must be jealousy, but actually no.

18. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

That's the thing I didn't. You're saying Hornbuckle is quicker than me at first. Tell me oracle of knowledge how do you know that? Where is your evidence? We barely even drive the same cars. :confused:

There's barely any point in this thread, it's better off closed.

19. TCLF

TCLF Alien

well, because you are saying
    and since micheal on the most recent fortnightly challenge was starting off 1.5 seconds off the fastest time now and now is about 1 to .5 seconds faster than that. and since you are seconds quicker it's obvious he starts off quicker than you