1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Anti-Alien technology

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Luigi Gianni Vollaro, Apr 3, 2014.

1. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Please keep the discussion relaxed and polite, otherwise... well you know.

2. It wasn't me this time. HA!

3. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Luigi Gianni Vollaro Hardcore Simmer

I'm not doing the weekly challenge. You are comparing the data from one person with zero data from the other. o_O

4. TCLF

TCLF Alien

you have a link to your data in your own sig ;)

5. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Yep, and you'll see that I pretty much only drive open wheelers. Thus you're comparing apples and oranges.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  6. martcerv

martcerv Alien

The funny thing is a better driver will be faster sooner, sure others can run hundreds of laps then get closer but the real quick guys dont need to as they just feel the car limits better then others and can get closer to its potential faster. If you say that these things like faster steering low FFB or whatever makes people quicker does it make you quicker? Sure if you pump out FFB to the point of clipping its going to hurt your feel so ideally you want to set it up so its just below clipping as I do. Take F1 as an example track time is severely limited but the top guys will get the most out of their cars quicker then the others and even their team mates who would be aliens too. Just like Ben is very quick when it comes down to it one on one vs Greger then Greger usually comes out on top as he has in every sim he has driven against everyone else.

Then saying that using every bit of available track is cheating then maybe you dont understand driving for fastest laps as in a qualy session. You need to use every bit of track that you can handle and AC is quite good at this as it will punish you for using too much then the RSR app is pretty strict on cutting so I think it avoids actual deliberate cutting as compared to proper driving. The thing is a better driver will simply use more of the car and tracks limits and that is kind of the point of the entire thing. Nothing stopping you from doing this other then skill level and if you cant use all the road consistently and to best effect, as some parts of track you must avoid not just use every kerb because its there is one critical part that determines who is faster on the lap.

A fast guy that once setup is dialed in can pretty much run within a 10th of their fastest lap will surely be better over a full race distance then someone that cant put the car exactly where they want and struggle to maximize the car and track limits.

AC for me is much more realistic in the way you need to drive for a good lap compared to any other sim I have driven and I am no alien but can get close enough to them to see that my realistic techniques and setups are good enough for WR pace the only thing lacking is some more talent. There have always been some guys faster then me but I am faster then most others and has been in reality and in sims. Compared to other sims where the fast setups can be virtually undriveable in any realistic fashion I think AC is way ahead in this regard.

I want AC to be as realistic as possible in allowing only things possible in reality as accurate as is possible, this includes proper damage in every aspect to punish people that drive over massive kerbs that you cant normally and also tyre, engine, brake, suspension and every other aspect. Does this mean captain slow will become an alien no the fast guys will still be fast and slow guys probably slower. Some guys that are fast will be hurt but I think overall most of the quicker ones here can drive properly and thats why they are quick.

Bo-Göran Larsson and WildStyle* like this.
  7. bromstarzan

bromstarzan Hardcore Simmer

For ultimate "fairness" one need to have opponents climb into the same seat behind your pc and drive with the exact same harware (and its peripherals) and software configurations. This is not possible unless you play with friends in your own neighborhood. I would never want to switch (back) to this from our internet neighborhood of today ;).

One way to approach/enforce the use of similar setups is by limiting options via software. I certainly would like to see a good range of rules that can be applied when setting up a host. This ensures that, to some extent, similar racers will meet and enjoy eachothers company. In particular, I'm thinking of forcing for example:
    • wheel use (+ rotation range minimum etc)
    • H-shifter
    • clutch axis
    • cockpit view
    • max/min FOV
    • identical car setups (or force optional parameters)
    Naturally, the list is not complete, but you get the point. Some option ranges obviously vary with choosen car. The point is that with such freedom and control, you will be able to quicly filter out the ones you really want to race with. I have no clear picture of KS plans in this regard and MP.

8. TCLF

TCLF Alien

michael drove only a few open wheelers, but is same pace as you, which means he also started off faster than you :p

thus, I'm not :rolleyes:

9. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

No dude, I'm way than him in open wheelers.

Anyhow why are you trolling for trolls? You really need to get a life.

10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

The thing is does it really matter its jist a game after all. I drive with everything off and in the most sim way I can. I can then lap at a pace where i can see the fastest times are not impossible using my methods. So that means people usimg other views or control optioms jave no unfair advantage.

If anything fastest times according to rsr are run with similar settings from what can be gathered. I dont think having a non cockpit view wpuld male anyone faster but wpuld be a pita if someone had a full sim platform and then were forced to have the cockpit in view.

I alwaus use cocpit view and tried once to drive from outside the car to see the huayra flaps in action and could keep the thing on the road. So that would be a disadvantage in my eyes.

The way kunos made the aids its likely faster with a h shifter and clutch if you know what your doing. Many wr laps are done using this if it was a disadvantage then this would not be the case. Amd all best laps woukd be without shifter and auto clutch.

There will always be someone that tries to cheat or whatever but does it really matter. Race people you know or trust if you want the fairest setup but otherwise just do your best and try to have fun. Wimning a virtual race really doesnt mean that much in the big scheme of things its just important to have fun doing it.

bromstarzan likes this.
  11. TCLF

TCLF Alien

you arguing without using facts is pretty funny, since you are calling me a troll.

I'll leave it at here. If you want to think you are faster than him, be my guest. It doesn't change facts and it doesn't matter to me or michael what you think.

12. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Guys, please, don't turn this thread in "X is faster than Y"... it could be an interesting discussion without calling each other cheater, troll or whatever. Please stop and back in topic, thank you.

13. bromstarzan

I see your point martserv and agree mostly. As I see it, my "suggestion" above can make the process of finding likeminded racers quicker. Having a "people you know" base is crucial (perhaps not always).

My experience from for example LFS, tells me that it was hard to construct tight/even races with a mix between [wheel+axis clutch+cockpi view] and [mouse+autoclutch+behind car view]. Generally, the mixed driving styles induced by the setups lead to confusion on the track and - "a not so enjoyable ride". Not saying this was always the case.

As a host, having the options doesn't mean you need to force anything, but you could for whatever reason. And I beleive there are many good reasons out there :).

14. TCLF

TCLF Alien

in league racing in LFS that wasn't a problem at all. I don't know about public servers though. OWRL race at KY21 had a very close battle between me and Riegler (feuerdrache). I noticed later that he was using chase and mouse.

15. bromstarzan

I can imagine it worked very well with some classes/individuals, hence this was/is no issue. Might be the same in AC. Perhaps it becomes more evident with slower cars (as I mainly have experience/enjoy the lower class cars)? Just speculations.

TCLF likes this.
  16. This thread is still open? Luca must be in a good mood.
    So far I have only seen one example of a 'broken' setup being fast; Ben found out if you put the nose of the T125 way up in the air it was bad fast at Monza. He reported it to Aris and it was fixed in the next update.

Hopefully soon the hotlap challenges in rsr will be able to be locked to default set. (the guys over there said it would be easy to do, just don't have time to do it. I will make a donation in a few days, that sometimes helps people find some extra time...lol) and you will see that the really fast guys are still really fast even when they use the same set.

I don't like open wheel cars and cannot drive them at all....the 312 is changing my mind a little on this but I much more prefer street cars and it seems that we are fastest in the cars that we like the most. I don't know if we like them because we are fast in them or if we are fast in them because we like them.

17. TCLF

TCLF Alien

this can be true, since i don't have really much experience in slower cars in LFS.

18. Bo-Göran Larsson

Bo-Göran Larsson Hardcore Simmer

Michael i tryed what you said about the replays but I dont Think they appear in your own races. The ghost is always the best lap that you produce at that special session.

19. Other people got it to work somehow......weird.

Oh well, soon enough we will have MP and hotlapping alone will be but a distant memory.

Bo-Göran Larsson likes this.
  20. Horus

Horus Alien

Am I really reading this? Come on guys, this is a farce, if someone is faster great, go and beat their time. If you can not, if you did not win this one try again on the next track and car choice. Really is it worth all the bad mouthing because you failed to beat someone else's time? You will have time enough in the future to use the multiplayer function to find how good we all are. Silly behaviour from a few here, now sort yourselves out, you know who you are.

edit: @bromstarzan, no need for all that shenanigans as most of those options are already available. As for locking down 'because of different hardware' and such, totally pointless. If you need everyone on the same hardware buy a console. PC's/sim rigs are what they are the choice an individual makes, buy beer/women and song or pay for computer hardware. No need to think it makes a better racer, it just means they are more committed or have more disposable income.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
    WildStyle* and bromstarzan like this.