1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The thread with some useful info... and some not.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Michael Hornbuckle, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus Hardcore Simmer

I wonder how old those shots are. Could have been an earlier build of the track.

2. Mogster

Mogster Alien

The car in the lower pic looks to be 100m or so further back? The camera is mounted high up, at roof level or above with a wide angle lens. It's hard to judge how closely the two views match up.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  3. Maybe Kunos should release the track with a little group of animated lumberjacks felling the trees in that location?

4. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

I don't even give a s... about those trees. As long as all the trees/marker points at corners and braking zones/apex zones etc are correct it's fine for me.

Fab85 likes this.
  5. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

True. Pines can grow pretty fast in 10 years.

Sure, I'll never drive the Nord in RL, so a lot of that stuff doesn't matter. But, for those who do drive it, it's nice to have all of your visual ques and non-official brake-markers there. But then again, I would imagine that the cross section between folks who play AC and also drive the Nord enough to memorize braking points is probably < 0.01%

6. Lol im sure when kunos scanned it there was some ivy next to tree number 1257 , fxxk it im not buying this sxxt !!! :eek: Some people are rediculous what matters is the track and how accurate the rest is isnt that much of a problem!:mad::D

Xenix and Leemstradamus like this.
  7. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

Perhaps liberties needed to be taken to block large open spaces from taking up too much memory. I don't belive AC has streaming, and skyboxes/backgrounds seem to be a lower priority, so blocking the need to render distant objects might just be an optimization solution.

That being said, anyone who knows the ring knows there are key vistas and details that need to be there too. Like seeing the GP track and corporate buildings after old pit lane left handed, and where the castle appears in several spots, radio antennas and tree lines that double as track markers/aim/race line, etc. but any driver could call those out for Kunos. I'm quite interested in how they handle those. Being the first comical lasor scan of the ring in years needs a high bar.

8. Qwaribo

Qwaribo Alien

I've been there IRL a few times ;) by car and I've walked there, from hatzenbach too fuchsrohre. I know how it looks IRL so you can't blame pov etc

ears1991 likes this.
  9. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

Let's hope it's not the first "comical lasor" scan of the ring. :D
    -sent from your pocket calculator.

Lawndart, Leemstradamus and PAKFA like this.
  10. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

It would be tragicomic then.

Lawndart and arthur666 like this.
  11. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus Hardcore Simmer

I was referring to the build of the track by kunos.

12. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

It's possible that the extra trees are there to obscure what would otherwise be a barren, low res textured area. If you look at the outer areas at say Silverstone, then you might see what I mean.

1karl1, Nyowa225, Qwaribo and 4 others like this.
  13. Alefruske

Alefruske Rookie

remember that when iRacing scanned bathurst there was lots of people complaining for 3-4 misplaced trees in the straight after the 1st corner, so it's not an exclusive of ac community...simracers really cares about trees (and details)...details are what make a product better than other...and i don't want to have a "better" laserscan version in iRacing at the end of the year since i want to drive the ring with ac physics..so please Si3v, take your time and make thinks as closer as possible to real life..we waited an year...we can wait more to have everything perfect. thanks

Boris Lozac and PAKFA like this.
  14. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

People want The Ring on its full glory with 60 cars at 120fps on a 3 year old computer.

Yes, it's an exaggeration, but you know what I mean :D

LordAbrassive and Leemstradamus like this.
  15. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

I know what you mean, I can see them even at Spa in a very few places. But then again, to many trees where there should be none is not good either...
    So yes, I do care about the majority of the trees to be places correct and also have the correct shape. Those that are closest to the track are the most important ones.

16. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

17. iracing is going to charge three or four times more just for the track than the entire AC DLC pack is going to cost; that combined with the fact that their old DX9 graphics engine is much friendlier to the potato pc crowd means that their version should be much more detailed outside the guardrails.

18. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

This, someone who actually said something that makes sense!

19. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Hmm... teaser in teaser? ;)[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I know it might be the same story as with billboards on Vallelunga.

20. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

You can face palm yourself all day because guess what? All the Nordschelife tracks we had so far in all racing games up until this point are not even close to 95% copy of the real Nords, this includes both track layout with every single bump in the road as well as foliage and trakside objects. Maybe Forza 5 is the closest, but I can't be sure since I never tried it myself. As for all the others I don't even need to try them all I can see in videos the errors...

Demanding the best representation of Nords and to be as real as possible in all aspects is not lunacy, because if Kunos does not make it now, at some point in the future we will get that kind of super realistic representation and it will be the benchmark in sim racing... and when that happens I want you to slap yourself again, but do it harder then.

7he4Ce and Boris Lozac like this.