1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The thread with some useful info... and some not.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Michael Hornbuckle, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thats a rediculous comparison , paul ricard is a very barren track to say the least (its excellent) , and to compare it to a track 12 miles long in a forest and want all the shrubs bushes trees ants molehills bird**** squirrel droppings in place is just a little bit silly come on guys!o_O

2. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Well yes... I think that might be the point... :cool:

3. sinbad

sinbad Racer

Exactly, which all the more highlights the point.

4. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Well it's not a short track, around 2 minutes in most of the cars, compared to what, 6, 7 minutes for the Ring.. Offcourse i'll drive the heck out of it and it would be amazing, just saying, at least don't make up things which are not there, better to NOT put something where it should be, then to put it where it shouldn't be.. Then eventually through patches, place some more stuff..

5. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus Hardcore Simmer

Have they still not finished that track yet?

6. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

oh yeah missed your last sentence :p

7. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

oh he often talks a lot of sense, it's just his acerbic delivery of it that often rubs people up the wrong way ;)

Leemstradamus likes this.
  8. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

or for the next dream pack?

Leemstradamus likes this.
  9. I guess it's a Nissan GTR, but what model is it? Forgive my ignorance, but I am not as "informed" about cars as you lot are :)

10. yusupov

yusupov Alien

gt3 spec, but whats being talked about is the blatant audi r8 v10 ad displayed in the shot.

11. Psit

Psit Alien

[​IMG]

jc1993 likes this.
  12. Ah, now I understand. The GTR is an irrelevance in this discussion? Sorry, my mind is on checksum errors tonight. I strongly suspect that we may have a netcode problem.

crosschris likes this.
  13. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

I know, some people even called me the new Michael Hornbuckle :D

14. plaid

plaid Alien

What a honour.

15. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

It's funny how everyone likes new technology and better and better stuff to have, but when we demand something that is of 2015 tech possibility we are being ridiculed by the lot who still thinks they are in 2005 playing the 1st rFactor.

News flash, this is the reason lately we see devs in sim racing games using laser scanned tech, to make the track as accurate as possible, since you know 2015 and going up, not down. But as accurate as possible does not mean only the road mesh/surface... Why have such a great tech that can scan so accurately even individual leaves of grass why not make all these cars and tracks in the next gen sims as close to real life as possible?

Stop being so stuck up and join the future of racing sims and not dwell in the past and it's issues, just because you got used to mediocrity.

Are you really so narrow-minded to think that if Kunos does not do it now, someone else will not take advantage of this and make their version of Nordschleife the new benchmark in sim racing and make it better? Why not have it here then, in AC, where we have the best physics engine and not in Forza or some other sim-cade?

The logic of making a laser scanned track while still keeping the size of it decent should be this: everything that can be seen from an open cockpit car, from driver's POV in real life, should be represented in the virtual track as realistic as possible. If you can see that tree or group of trees in reality close to the track you should see them too in game and if in reality is an open space it should be the same in game. The further we go from the edges of the track into the distance the more liberties devs can have about not doing the distant landscape so detailed, but they still need to at least trick us into believing that it looks almost as in reality, even if the textures at that distance are low res. But those tricks are acceptable as long as the immersion is kept and the close to the track vegetation and objects is very high quality and respects the reality.

We have the tech, why not benefit from it? If you are concerned about performance issues on lower spec PCs then don't be, the job of game settings/ graphics settings and different LODs and all that is to lower the quality of the objects drawn on screen to make the low spec PCs run the game smooth too, like the higher spec ones. But that does not mean we need unrealistic tree lines or fake horizon covers to make that work. It's the wrong way to do it.

I'm not sure how updated was the track in that picture with the wrong tree line, but I will give Kunos the benefit of doubt on this one and I will only judge based on their last version, the one that will be on the DLC.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  16. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

People are overhyping the size of the ring, it's not a 15 minutes rally track, it's an average of 7 minutes in a fast car. And it's the most famous track in the world, so giving it a bit above the current level of attention to details, is not asking too much.. like being said, would be hell of a waste for it to not be a best Ring evar.

LTC Mike (40plus) and ears1991 like this.
  17. It will be a 25 minute crash fest for some ;)

phizz and Leemstradamus like this.
  18. pmc

pmc Hardcore Simmer

well i don't see anything being done about it n i think the majority want it released with the dream pack asap and it won't get updated, can't see way they couldn't make it more correct scenery wise in the future.

19. CKraegel

CKraegel Simracer

No matter what, AC will EVER be the very first full blown sim that offers a laserscanned nordschleife. EACH other version will only be just another one, even with 5 trees less.

20. plaid

plaid Alien

I think Boris is right. His avatar shows the most integrity.

While I understand PAKFA, Boris and ears1991, so people capable of being objective, respectful and tolerant, I still care more about if the GP-circuit is connected or where the pits will be. The space in the pits in T13 would rather be enough for 12 then 24 cars.

Yeah. Correctly placed bumps are super important in opposite to some trees. More important then day/night and rain and a field of 60-100 cars and...Oh, wait!
    I think everyone got his priorities. And thats it. If my car vibrates a meter sooner or later then in reality its far less impressive then a giant field of cars in a simulated 24h cars for me ("for me" is super important).
    But I don't want to convince anyone of that opinion.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
    [RRRV] JuggernAlz and CKraegel like this.