1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The thread with some useful info... and some not.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Michael Hornbuckle, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

[​IMG]

tkrisz2, The Entity, bib and 30 others like this.
  2. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

You don't get it, do you?
    People here are always demanding. Demand this, demand that.. how about we wait for the release and then see how it'll be? If some trees aren't there or are placed extra on non-important spots where you don't really need many realistic reference points it doesn't matter. All we've seen is that single pic where it's not 100% as in real life. Yeah, boohoo!
    Also, read what @Michael Hornbuckle said and someone else as well. It can also be to make sure the game doesn't use too much memory etc so your or someone else's potato of a pc won't freak out and eventually crash due to the game.
    As I said, as long as all the reference points for turn-ins and braking points are correct, it doesn't matter.

3. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Stop me if im wrong here, but I was under the impression that DX11 was much more efficient than DX9?

4. Turk

Turk Alien

I'm sure they also haven't modelled every tee beside the track either, they have to make do with their standard model tree for all the different types of tree. So what could have been a bush in real life turns into a tree on the kunos track. I don't see anything particularly wrong with that.

Leemstradamus and Mogster like this.
  5. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

100% realism and accuracy would be great but, it is unrealistic to have such expectations. There will always be a need to balance such goals with ROI, resources, etc. There are far more important aspects to get right than a few trees IMO. If you are focused on the trees while racing in AC, you may want to look into buying "Logging Simulator" or get into Forestry where you can actually admire the real thing. There a time to enjoy nature and there is a time to Race!:)

6. phizz

phizz Simracer

Btw you never ever use trees etc as reference points. Where there's a tree in one year, there could be no tree the following year.

7. Qwaribo

Qwaribo Alien

Also at that section of the track you go full throttle. No need for reference points! :p

But end of discussion. If it's for the performance it's fine with me, I had great fun on snoopy's version and that is far off from reality. I was just pointing it out :p :D

[RRRV] JuggernAlz and PhenOm like this.
  8. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

its not about reference in this case, its just weird to place trees where there has historically not been any, any youtube video, even the com8 version of the track there are no trees there.
    forza 4 non laser scanned version: no trees but some random trackside objects like we seem to have here
    forza 5 laser scanned version: no trees

i couldnt care less on any other track, but this is the most visually jaw dropping track in the world, so why mess with it

"We will be bringing you the most faithful virtual representation of the track ever to be released, based on our laser scanning technology."
    from https://www.assettocorsa.net/nurburgring/

this is not faithful, its fictional...

even if it is for performance thats annoying, reusing some already in use grass texture on that area is surely less demanding than extra trees and tents and caravans. and no other game has had to block off that area with trees, it doesnt matter if what would be behind those trees is low detail because you cant see it when driving, and make the replay cameras face the other side of the track, job done. the trees though, you do see when driving, every single lap, knowing that the forza 5 one is more accurate

but yeah enough whining, too many people get upset whenever anything kunos does is questioned :rolleyes:

9. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

How true.

10. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

I wonder why that would be... :rolleyes:

11. sinbad

sinbad Racer

The hypocrisy on this forum is sometimes staggering.

If Kunos had announced that they now need an extra 6 months to accurately model every last piece of foliage, because "enter pretentious reason about the 'spirit' of the track or whatever", ALL of the usual suspects (they know who they are) would be jumping up as high as possible to be seen supporting them saying how they're the best and it makes such a difference and everyone should be grateful and stop whining etc etc etc.

And yet when someone makes an accurate observation which raises the question about trackside detail accuracy, guess who's there to shout it down.

PAKFA and Boris Lozac like this.
  12. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Last minute addition to the DLC pack??? :D

13. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

but.... all thats being questioned is trees that are placed where there are actually no trees, deleting 5 trees doesnt take 6 months

edit: oops misread your post

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  14. Since when was that an Audi R8?

15. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

[​IMG]

jc1993, Tim Meuris, phizz and 11 others like this.
  16. Turk

Turk Alien

It's does if you have to program the physics for lumberjacks.

ears1991 likes this.
  17. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Couldn't be more true.

I'm also not a fun of this fictional stuff, when the chance is obviously there to make the best ring possible. Generally, track making (attention to details stuff) doesn't seem to be Kunos' favorite thing eh.. Just look at the Paul Ricard mod track here, i would say in it's incomplete state, it's better then any Kunos track, sorry if that sounds 'harsh'.

19. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

yeah expect no on the second part.

iRacing released long beach in wire frame "tech track" claiming nobody could run it without extreme high end pc's.

essentially abandoning it due to graphics/cpu demand.

AC to me does unbelievable job running smooth and high FPS with even decent pc's.

20. g4b1bb097

g4b1bb097 Hardcore Simmer

SIMCADE!
    TOTALLY NOT WORTH BUYING!
    HOW THEY DARE TO DISPLACE A TREE WRONG