1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

A thread for project cars

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by xystof, May 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magzire

magzire Alien

Did a few laps around Spa in the GT3. I don't think it looks nowhere near as photo realistic as AC's Spa(fanboy aside). I take AC's version any day. Also looks completely wrong in some parts.

2. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

Then why call it a TRUE SIM? I mean SIM!
    I perfectly understand your opinion and it was clear that the sim part went through the toilet when they announced the game for consoles also. And I mean X360 and ps3, which might not be crap but you need special engineers to do the job, basically rewrite the game, especially for ps3.
    But because customers will begin comparing what different platforms offer it was inevitable to see the big axe in action for that title in particular.
    I remember like 3 years or so ago when I saw a video of an LMP1 car - I was amazed. And then the axe began - pre-rendered videos vs in-game footage, then graphics looked more and more poor, to the extent that in recent videos the sunlight behind the trees became black, WTF SMS?!
    So, yeah. We will see where the sim part of this game will end but right now I don't see any1 dethroning A.C. At least not in my book.
    I admit I play Dirt Rally lately but that's because it's a totally different experience - rallying, and it's a new game. :) After a full rally last night, I decided to fire up A.C. Man ... it felt veeeeryyyyyy gooooood! :)

Cote Dazur, Horus and Boris Lozac like this.
  3. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

TC is for loosers only

4. Humanity in a nutshell.

Cefa, 1karl1 and yusupov like this.
  5. yusupov

yusupov Alien

and people who should not be allowed within 100 feet of an F1 car i think :)

6. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

With the totally opposed opinions in this thread I'm having a hard time deciding if pCARS is for me or not, so I guess I will delay my purchase until the next Steam sale.

7. yusupov

yusupov Alien

the glory of steam (& patient people)

Peter Molnar likes this.
  8. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Pretty sure same thing would happen with real F1 cars and not F1 drivers. (also a lot of death)

9. You ask, you receive........ :D

yusupov likes this.
  10. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

I thinked it was very clear it was a joke... especially after I suggested to try competitors' products before make an opinion. :)
    In case it was not clear, the joke was about the fact that the first thing, in the AC support forum, we asked an user who report issues, is to attach his logs.

So:

- if an AC dev team member suggests to try (and have fun, why not?) with other products, it's not a good marketing move, who cares about he's honest;
    - if an AC dev team member makes a joke (on myself!), it's unfriendly.
    Morale: we can't make everyone happy. :D

Seriously, take it easy, we're not talking about first world problems. Back in topic now. :)

11. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

that would make pCARS very realistic, won't it ?

12. yusupov

yusupov Alien

well im sure nobody here has ever done that...

13. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

the logs was clearly joke, and joking is fine,
    making fun of isn't , but I agree that he only said that this is AC support forum, which it is,

my reaction was that on pCARS forum, people - community - are more friendly towards other sims, including AC, and I only wished that it was more similar here, more understanding and respect,

the fact that he is dev makes his post different, because as a developer, he is absolutely entitled to tell people that this isn't pCARS forum, and as i said, since I have overlooked it, and thought it's just another user here, I just voiced my oppinion that I would wish for people to be more friendly

anyhow, thanks for explaning and all that, back to topic (which doesn't belong to these forums anyway :p)

I think both SMS and Kunos could learn a lot from each other, they each broght some unique aspects into their games, if they combined the product, it would quite possibly be the best sim ever
    and I'm totally calm btw.

14. liakjim

liakjim Alien

My opinion was mentioned on post #502. Truth is that is far more realistic that i was expected to be. But it is incomplete.

15. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

I just hate the UI in PC, I don't really feel kerbs/accelleration/decelleration through the wheel like I do in AC, but it's also awesome to drive the 300SEL 6.8 AMG and my own 1M in light rain. Seriously, the way the cars do their thing in rainy circumstances and the FFB (which I haven't touched yet!) I just feels right(being irl a driftfanatic) to me:

So physics in rain 1M: Excellent(vs real life)

Through 'Schumacher'3rd gear oversteery, wet:
    [​IMG]

Just like this:
    [​IMG]
    Snetterton? So nice:
    [​IMG]

Brands:
    [​IMG]

I don't yell 'oh and aah' in a sim/game normally, but I did when driving in my 1M through the rain.
    Last time I yelled oh and aah was when driving Nordschleife Endurance in my E30 DTM vs 14 other DTM cars @ P1 , the rest kicking my rearbumper almost, on green surface from Flugplatz/Schwedenkreuz/Aremberg/Fuchsröhre to Adenauer Forst, in Assetto Corsa off course :)

Cheers
    Robin

16. yusupov

yusupov Alien

i think some AC fans fear pCARS is a big shark going to devour little AC

meanwhile AC devs think cool, more simracers = more sales :)

FlyPT likes this.
  17. brioche

brioche Racer

It would probably happen to real F1 drivers if they were driving their cars with a keyboard (virtual wheel input says all).

liakjim likes this.
  18. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

I'm thinking, that you are thinking, that Kunos are thinking, that if a game is made both for consoles and pc, it will not require much thinking, that this game (for concoles + pc) will have more sales, which is a no-brainer.
    Which made me thinking ... is your opinion thought through or is it just your thinking we all think about? :)

yusupov likes this.
  19. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

I've got to disagree with you on that point ;)

The general 'feel' from the AC devs is quite different from, let's just say some devs of other titles. Others can be a little too aggressive in managing their community which doesn't look good from an outsiders POV and can make potential (long term) customers switch off.
    Here it could be argued that you're too lax, however you wouldn't have the same community if you weren't.

20. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

First, thanks to Kunos for letting us talk about this title with other simmers/racers who we already know. Appreciated.

So to business. Finally had some time to spend with the game last night.
    Bear in mind, I was expecting Shift 3, no more no less.
    Does it deliver? No. It does not. Not that anyway....

Firstly, I regard the use of the term "simcade" as a derogatory term to be utterly bizarre.
    Surely the word represents the true ideal? Sim game with access to all those goodies you only normally get in arcade titles: polish, licenses galore, huge amounts of really well made content.
    Why would we not want that?
    Shift2 was simcade and proud, and a bloody great title, the best we've ever had on PC. Sure the physics were pants, even after the community patch and tire models, but it was still massively entertaining and I enjoyed it loads.

So, I load up PCars, looking for Shift3. And it's not that.

The graphics - Not as impressive as I imagined, however I have spent zero time on tweaking, and there is lots of headroom in the defaults it gave me to improve things, so will reserve judgement for now, suffice to say that out of the box it isn't as pretty as Shift 2 was (yes, Shift 2 was OTT, but we have enough "dry" sims, what's wrong with a little glitz and glamour?).

The sounds - Though some cars do sound a little weak internally , the overall environmental sounds are superb, I threw some Clio's around Donington and watching the replays I knew they'd done a sterling job (I was there 3 weeks ago watching the exact same thing).

The content - A mixed bag. Shift2 had more cars than you could throw a truck full of cats at. In comparison the pickings are a little slimmer, though they are more diverse, but I guess this is the price paid for losing EA's mighty backing. But, the saving grace is the BTCC content, the Clios and Ginettas will keep me amused for a long time to come. Thankfully, unlike the cars, the track content is brilliant, a nice mixed bag, something for everyone and tonnes of UK tracks! Ace!

The physics - Wait what? I was expecting Shift3, this isn't Shift3, this feels grown up, or at least maturing nicely. Is it a Sim? Not sure, I'll leave that for others (who take these things far more seriously than I do) to decide. However these tires have life, the LMPs felt rightly stiff. the Corsa slid around like a giddy puppy. This is great! Compared to Shift2 this is a massive leap forward in terms of physical realism. Is it a contender to go up against the established sims? Maybe, just maybe, especially as none (except perhaps GSCE) have yet to find the right balance for their tire models. Tires seem to be in flux everywhere at the moment, and PCars has at least earned itself a place at the table.

So I didn't get Shift 3, I got something else. Something a bit rougher around the edges, less packed with awesome cars, but something more mature, more evolved.
    I think I might just enjoy this.