1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

A thread for project cars

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by xystof, May 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Sorry big, lost in translation maybe, can you explain it better?

2. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Doesnt seem that much different from AC haha

Vítor Sousa likes this.
  3. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

lol

Keep doing what you're doing ;)

4. nonnex

nonnex Alien

poet: I was starting an own review just some minutes ago, but now I can save some time because you have said the most that I wanted to say.

The Tires feels nice, the effect/feel when they loose grip and catch again is very good too.
    nothing more to add. Thanks.

Last edited: May 8, 2015
    poet likes this.
  5. brioche

brioche Racer

As an AC fan (or, better, as a person that truly enjoys AC everyday) I have no issue with pCARS or to say any other game. Quite the contrary.
    As I see it, people will choose what is best for them whether it's track-side details or driving feeling and this will hopefully help me to find more people that have my same preferences in the AC MP community.
    I hope that now when I play AC MP, I'll get to meet a greater number of people that are more focused on the driving, practicing, learning the behavior of every car, making a good setup for it and why not beating me while respecting the track, their car and their opponents at any stage of the race (rather than being focused on how the clouds or the trees look and wrecking like crazy).

6S.Manu and ChokDK like this.
  6. Abominus

Abominus Racer

I've just fired it up for a quick go and need to mess with the graphics settings a bit as it's not looking that great. Even though I'm setting things to mostly ultra. I think it could be the AA settings. What AA settings do you guys use?

7. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

From my perspective Dirt Rally (Codies) looked at your forums and then decided how to write their amusing to read patch notes.
    So you are doing a good job!
    As for pCars support on an A.C. forum? Well why not? With the money earned by that extra job you can obtain more licenses and make more money from DLC's ;)
    Kunos! Did! The! Job! ... so far! ;)

8. yusupov

yusupov Alien

i think smaa ultra and msaa, tho i have since installed a sweetfx pack.

really though you will know if its the AA, is there bad aliasing? if not, its not bc of AA. maybe your expectations were too high? remember actual live gameplay isnt the same as opportunistic photos used for publicity (or just for fun, check the screenshots on this board!).

my initial reaction when i played the leaked build awhile ago was kind of "oh, all that for this?" at first too...but i think as you play & as you compare to other sims you may be more impressed w/ what the engine can do. all sorts of different weather & time of day combinations look stunning, its pretty amazing.

f1webberfan likes this.
  9. Horus

Horus Alien

STOP WHINING ALREADY! Geeeee, how many times do you have to say the same thing? Come now everyone join in the "Thank you Marek, you are our hero for making a mod and giving it to us. You are so wonderful and generous". Now do the jerky dance and stop with the hurt.

Cote Dazur, pmc and Jebus like this.
  10. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Another thing in pcars.
    The rain is a way too resource heavy. The fps drops are insane. Well when I take a look at all the reflections and so on, I do not wonder. Looks good, but a bit too heavy. Have someone found out how the rain can be tweaked according performance without loosing quality on dry?

About tolerance:
    I like this place here (Kunos/AC forum), it has begun to be my favorite virtual and confortable living room, Its a place where I can talk about racing, Cars, Sim-racing and gaming in general sometimes, about the things that I do for fun and to flavor my being. And I don't like it when some people take of their pants, sit down on my new soft and cuddly carpet and try to make some nasty business on it. I can't tollerate such behavior.

Let the devs alone, they are not bad ppl. at all, let them live and doing what they are doing.

Last edited: May 8, 2015
    Cote Dazur, Skybird and Robin_NL like this.
  11. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

yeah i think it would be good to have a separate setting for rain reflections

my thoughts so far: tried some cars on ring and its nothing to get excited about, looking forward to trying mp though as that will decide if its a good purchase or not for me. the bumps on the ring suck so bad though, painful after playing ac's one. i get the general feeling that everything has been exaggerated to create an impressive and exciting experience (bumps on ring, suspension bumps translated very strongly into ffb, engine sounds etc.) weather system is cool though

12. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

Anyone got info on what tracks are laser scanned and which not?
    Only aware of Brands.
    Thanks.

13. Quffy

Quffy Alien

I want to correct myself here. In AC the pace the dust clears from the tyres depends on how long you've been driving off road. A good test is to use a tyre temp app (danny guisa's, but further developed by neys) which shows the dust accumulation over time, while you are off road. So the more dust it has, more time it takes to clear. And is also speed dependent. When I said the dust clears too fast in AC, I assume was because I didn't stay too much off road and was quickly cleared once on the tarmac.

14. phil

phil Alien

Clear and Short:

PCARS: Nice, superb graphics but no one feels of real car handling....Open to everyone

ASSETTO CORSA: A game for real purist, with possibility to learn for people without experience of real "test driving"......A real feel car handling GAME......Nice graphics ........And for sure in the next monthS a lot a improvments to come.....The major target for the release was the physics, the FFB ....And they won !!

Please KUNOS DON´T CHANGE nothing ;)

Last edited: May 9, 2015
  15. pmc

pmc Hardcore Simmer

oulton park, snetterton and cadwell also

nate and poet like this.
  16. Kunos are smart guys and if they can learn from the feedback and comparisons its fans make to AC then why not let this thread go on im sure in a while it will die down and well be back to making AC wishlists and complaining every other thread lol, its probably nice to hear people moaning about a competitor :oops::eek::D:D

Guidofoc and Horus like this.
  17. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for the reply.

Really?

I had a quick play on Oulton this morning, and immediately thought it might be, definitely the best OP I've seen.

4 laser scanned UK tracks..... COME ON! :cool:

Curious why no Croft though..... from what I've heard Croft owners are pretty open to people licensing their track, for peanuts too.
    Am quietly hoping to see it in a DLC with knockhill and Rockingham, and a certain set of race spec saloons........ droooool. :p:confused:

snyperal, yusupov and Horus like this.
  18. SunBro

SunBro Alien

Progress report: Messed around with the settings some more and the feeling of simcade is slowly sinking in. Don't get me wrong this is real fun and will keep playing it for years like ac; but pcars will be my relaxing, fun "racing game" while ac will be my intense, focus requiring, but equally rewarding "sim".

Also, the tracks have differences i can't neglect. Shorter or wider, you name it. I had to change a lot of my brake zones. Not talking about visual references :) Literal muscle memory change.

That night racing though. Forget about rain, it didn't impress me that much. But night... oh my god... just soooo beautiful.

19. I am the kind of person that prefers to stick to one sim of any particular type. That's why I switched (finally) to Flight Simulator X in 2008 (after 8 years exclusively using Flight Unlimited 3), and then again to Lockheed Martin Prepar3d last August. I could easily still use all three, but that isn't how I work. I tend to make a decision about which one is best for me at any given moment in time, and stick to that until something even better appears.

On a similar note, I will be sticking to Assetto Corsa. I could easily purchase pCars and a handful of other race sims/games, but I probably won't. I made a decision to purchase Assetto Corsa last year (during a 50% Steam sale), and I haven't regretted it. My gut instinct (and I admit that this is hardly scientific) tells me that Assetto Corsa has the best physics engine of them all, and that is the single most important aspect of a race sim for me. Since I also like the selection of cars on offer, the quality of the tracks, and......well, just about everything else, it's a safe bet that I will stick to Assetto Corsa exclusively. That may well mean that I am missing other sims/games that are great, but that doesn't matter to me. I could fire up the P&G3 mod for GTR2 if I wanted more than one sim, but every time that I want to drive simulated cars on my PC (and particularly when I want to "hit the race servers"), I want to play Assetto Corsa. In short, I don't need anything else at this moment in time.

Nevertheless, I send my best wishes to all those guys that are enjoying pCars and any other race sims. If you are enjoying it, then carry on doing it!

20. VenomSRT

VenomSRT Rookie

Nice physics, boro :D

JamesYZN likes this.