1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Vote for the way ff user levels are handled now!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by stefanoCasillo, Sep 20, 2015.

?

Force feedback adjustment

Poll closed Sep 25, 2015.
  1. Leave it as it is

104 vote(s)
    22.3%
  2. Keyboard control with automatic save

362 vote(s)
    77.7%
  1. 100% is the "intended experience".. everything else is simracers being simracers.

rd.king, kevje, Minolin and 3 others like this.
  2. Quffy

Quffy Alien

But in your streams there's also quite some clipping in several corners/bends. I remember from when you made a race with ferrari 458 gt2 at Barcelona, but there were other cars. For example the GT3 cars at 100% ffb (G27 wheel here) will clip in several high speed bends, and you feel it in your chest when turning the steering wheel :) (and clipping will also cause wheel base overheating for logitech) I don't know how the levels are in the upcoming 1.3, but you'll need to check if for example the street cars/super/hyper cars don't have too strong (clipping) ffb.
    I think neither DD wheel users can use 100% gain.

How is the program you made to balance the forces levels? Was it adjusted for the better experience to be at 100% gain?

3. Yes clip is bad. Remember netKar PRO was the first sim in history to expose the FF levels and "clip" concepts in order to "educate" users about the issue. But if you turn this into a blind crusade against clip by trying to avoid clip at all times you'll find yourself with a very very low signal just because you want to allow that curb at 240kmh to come thru.. I don't think that's the smartest thing to do.
    The smart thing to do is to find a good compromise between signal (and thus resolution) and information that are needed.. and everybody might have their own idea about it.
    As developers we spend a big amount of time and resources to publish a game that is, in its default form, what we think it should be, no tweak needed... random people coming around proposing their very own personal preference (which happens to be 40% away from our defaults) is the "intended experience" and that adopting their own personal view would turn out in a better experience for novices are just living a delusional dream and need to wake up.. like...right now.

4. yusupov

yusupov Alien

well, you will surely admit that cranking up all the ffb enhancements to maximum is the best way to experience the sim.

/kappa

5. muckymu

muckymu Simracer

And that is why, my good lord, I depend on you, because I know **** and still want the closer experience......

6. SocketSeven

SocketSeven Racer

Yeesh. You asked for input.

I never advocated pitchforks and torches or that I'm some kind of authority.

I am fine with your judgement and and experience Stefano. I did not intend to question them in any way.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  7. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

On the fly adjustment and auto save/reload would be terrific.
    What would be even better is to have is to have similar to FFBClip app with FFB Gain slider attached to it. I personally not a big fan of memorizing keyboard shortcuts, and ffb gain is probably not something everyone will be adjusting in the heat of the race.

8. I make it so I only have clipping on big bumps and kerbs. Normal corners I try to avoid it... Although on AC it's a bit difficult in compression zones, especially with high downforce cars.

9. Antic

Antic Gamer

I don't really understand the need to change per car and track basis, unless a car has a very odd FFB. Isn't the game already simulating the difference between different steering systems and power steering strengths?
    I only set the FFB from the control panel, based on Luca's settings, and treat the different FFB feel as the difference those cars would provide me with, and thus simulating the real car, assuming the game already scales this correctly as I believe Stefano and Co. programmed it to do. ;)

10. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

I don't think this is the case, as some cars have super weak feedback that translates into pretty bland driving experience, but I was wrong before.

11. True.. but that's the price to pay for having a vast catalog of cars and, at the same time, try to continue development. That's why we need to get smarter and find ways to automate tasks that we have been done manually for 15 years... or stop development and freeze everything.

nonnex likes this.
  12. Daniel Perez

Daniel Perez Hardcore Simmer

If FFBMULT and STEER_ASSIST were set to to 1 for all the cars would the FFB be scaled according to the forces the real cars produce as Antic said?
    If so, would it be possible to implement an option to set these parameters to 1 for all the cars?
    I know it does not make much sense for consumer wheels but for DD wheels users it could be very interesting.

13. ya I thought about that but no.. it wouldn't work, most cars in AC are equipped with power steering so you're immediately back into multipliers.

14. Antic

Antic Gamer

That's too bad, I thought it was implemented...
    While we're at it, one thing I don't see often discussed (if any) is the point where wheel's motors are clipping. People seem to only worry about the game clipping and forget the rest... I found this problem the hard way a few years back with netKar PRO and the help of the FFB meter.
    @Lord Kunos is there a possibility to have an option to input the wheel's maximum torque to match the game's clipping point, as has already been suggested in this thread? Right now, as it is, is too time consuming for me to have enough testing time to find the sweet spot...

15. I don't understand the question.. which usually is a good approximation to a "no" :D

Dookie likes this.
  16. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Except for when 100% clips like crazy, and you lose all that FFB information.

17. Antic

Antic Gamer

I was talking about our wheel's motors maximum torque power being the same as the game's FFB meter clipping point.

The result is the wheel being used to its full potential. Because we can have the wheel set too strong with the motor's clipping all the way, let's say in a corner, and we feel nothing but a bland strong force, but not clipping in the game's FFB meter... I think this is a bit clearer now of what I was referring to.

18. If 100% clips like crazy then turn your overall gain down in the main menu or turn it down for that car. I have one of the crappiest wheels on the market and I have never had a case where a car was fine on one track and then clipped like crazy on another.

19. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Getting the right FFB gain is crucial to good feedback. Too low, and it just feels wishy washy, weak and disconnected. Too high, and clipping loses all the detail, and you just get a dull, constant tug on the wheel while cornering. There's no way you can just assume you can leave FFB on 100% for all cars. To get the best feel in each car, you have to be able to maximise the forces while still avoiding clipping, otherwise at least one of your cars will feel crappy.

20. WallyM

WallyM Alien

isn't that then a wheel drive fault only? If the motor can't handle the maximum strength signal the driver sends, then that's the driver's fault, not the game's.