1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Comparing the nordschleife. ac vs iracing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ace Pumpkin, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

You already posted this some pages before in this thread, your purpose is to post it again and again?
    Anyway, it's again an other statement based on "feelings" and not an objective comparison with the actual Ring, that is what is needed in this thread.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  2. I'm sure if there are any corner geometry differences they will be highlighted in Youtube vids within the next few days. Pretty sure there will be an onslaught of side by side comparison vids by the end of the day. (I'm assuming the main site is back online again)

3. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

So you want comparisons to real life....
    And when you get one you ask what purpose it has...:rolleyes:

4. I would've said couple of days back that DiRT Rally is the funniest racing game of all time. Atleast much more fun than the game released one year ago.. ..if you get what I mean.

Hype train is a hype train and we'll see true people reactions after a few months. No doubt, the track most likely is very well done!

Glaurung and yusupov like this.
  5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Its funny that Rene Rast lied about pCars according to pretty much everyone when he talked about how real it was/how he used it for practice but when its coming to iRacing, the guy that praise it must speak out of his heart and is used like a legit source of how good it is :D

Ace Pumpkin, Johnnypenso and yusupov like this.
  6. yusupov

yusupov Alien

this would be shocking given theyre supposedly using the same data.

and yes, finally back online -- NOW i will call that 2 days downtime (felt like a week). :)

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  7. I've been testing iRacing version of Nordschleife. They have put much more details on the track and surroundings. It certainly is more visually accurate relative to the real deal. Graphically, it lacks in terms of immersion because it has worse shaders, showing the age of it's graphics engine. Overall I saw a good improvement compared to AC's version and would be nice if Kunos consider doing a overhaul on the track to improve it visually yet more, given the new standards set by iRacing.
    I doubt they are using the same data as AC. I read an interview with iRacing's staff and they said they've gone there with their own laser scanning equipment to acquire the data.
    There's a few differences regarding bumps, crests and kerbs. The cars feel more alive, less damped, as I'd expect how a racing car with stiff suspension should react. I had a better sense on how the bumps affected the balance of the car and was able to see the suspension working and feel how it reacts on the car. I could perceive even the changes of pavement and it made me respect the dangers of this track a little bit more.
    With that said, I think both versions are really good, whilst still having room for improvement, there's no definitive version here. I'm just happy that I can simulate my favorite track with such realism, without a doubt it's a wonderful time to be a sim racer.

8. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

9. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

lol the iRacing hype just died, both tracks road surface looks exactly the same.

ISRTV clown can stop shilling how every turn in iRacing Nordschelife has different corners/gradients to other games.

F430_458_F12 and Eero like this.
  10. Turk

Turk Alien

They're very similar looking. The iRacing track does seem to have some extra details, like the metal barriers have more variation in their textures. The FOV looks slightly different, the PP filter are obviously very different but the road and curbs look identical as far as I can see.

11. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I miss the AC logo at Quiddelbacher Höhe in iRacings version
    :D

12. Looks like a top job from both track artists! Impossibru to spot any differences from the track/kerbs.

Edit: Looks like laser scanning really matters even it wasn't a big deal in case Zandvoort...

13. muscimol

muscimol Gamer

Track surface in iR does have much more details (visually and feeling wise), look at Döttinger Höhe - the tarmac patches look different, but I must admit, that at the distance AC looks more natural :). I thought it will be the otherwise and iR will be clear winner thanks to the landscapes only, but it's the road you're looking at while you're driving and it does look (aside from geometry, which is practically the same) much more immersive in iR.

I recommend everyone who loves Nordschleife to try them both :).

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
    PuffTheMagicBelgian likes this.
  14. 3dchips

3dchips Racer

Pardon? if you compare the videos to each other you should determine that the AC car is bumping like hell while the iR car seems to be quite smooth...

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  15. That is true but the suspension model in iRacing can also do better job absorbing those bumps so it might not be the whole thruth.

16. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Laserscans only matter if peoples favourite developer use it, and if they decide not to LS a specific track then it isnt that big of a deal. ;)

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  17. You forgot some manufacturers which are doing perfect job without a scan data. But ofcourse those devs are way more talented and having the only hardcore sim in the market. ;)

kofotsjanne likes this.
  18. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Vegetation-shadow-lighting-colors-dynamic variances need an upgrade in sim racing games.

For example this; scroll through the video to see different places.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  19. T'PAU

T'PAU Hardcore Simmer

Well, I think if Zandvoort would have been laserscanned, it won't look like this! :D:eek:

20. mavryk1982

mavryk1982 Gamer

Not at my PC right now but can someone tell me if AC Nurb has unique graffiti all the way around the sections of the track?

The iRacing one seems to only have a template that they copied, pasted, flipped and mirrored around the track, whereas I'm sure (from memory) the AC version has different graffiti for each part of the track.

nijeat, Glaurung and Znam Neznam like this.