1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Mod Downloads to be Closed Indefinitely. (READ LAST REPLY)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by garyjpaterson, Jun 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pika4u

pika4u Hardcore Simmer

Nope.
    I repeat: nobody can blame Kunos for a mod if Kunos isn't related with it.

If you release your mod here, kunos will pay eventually.
    If you release your mod on a "generic" forum, Kunos won't be bothered.

2. Sadly the console version brings some bad things for us PC users.
    Rfactor 2 have steam workshop.

3. pika4u

pika4u Hardcore Simmer

Console version brings a lot of improvements to the pc version.
    Some of you have too short memory.

4. Brings a lot of both things.

nate and Patrik Marek like this.
  5. pika4u

pika4u Hardcore Simmer

Not yet. For now developing the console version gives only advantages.
    Again: AC will remain moddable, until Kunos states otherwise.

6. Only advantages???
    "sadly no. The original work on that has been done by a dev that is now busy on the console port, and that's the technical side."

nate likes this.
  7. Monsieur_Whippy

Monsieur_Whippy Simracer

Sorry the wording was 'could' eventually happen.

The last sentence sums up my point better.

"This forum change is evidence that there are legal and commercial pressures upon AC, so it's not unreasonable to say they may be under pressure on modding support in the future."

But it sounds like you are so opposed to even the suggestion of what I describe happening, that it's as good as you officially saying AC will never forgo official mod support for any reason.

That's all I needed to know :)

Kurzawa14 and pika4u like this.
  8. pika4u

pika4u Hardcore Simmer

Partial quote doesn't compute.
    What's the point to develop something if you don't know if it will be legal and therefore usable?

9. without the console version that dev would not even be with us.

I only run KS and not ISI. Other studios will do what they feel like doing.
    This studio likes to take risks in building software and not take risks when it comes to legal matters.
    What's your point again?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
    mrk1001, sacredaardvark, Xez and 3 others like this.
  10. pika4u

pika4u Hardcore Simmer

http://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/english/

;)

11. I officialy say that AC will never forgo official mod support for any reason.

In other news.. the sky is blue.

12. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

@clockwork1904 the benefit AC PC users got from the console conversion are so many that dwarf any other counterargument.
    You got great framerate optimizations, 64bit, new sounds engine, new features, better AI, better multi, and amazing new contents! In some way or another all these things have been able to happen because we started the console porting. Either by code optimizations, big scale economics, licensing and so on.

I can't comment to what other sims are doing on with Steam Workshop as it is their responsability.
    AC on the other hand has become a big worldwide brand now with hundreds of thousands of sales on Steam and is going to be even bigger with console. For the best or worse we also have our base in Italy, which might be great for eating and nature and art, but also hell for bureaucracy and laws so we can't always do whatever we want.

Your argument about console porting bringing bad things to AC PC users is really idiotic (no offence to you personally) and has no ground. Except if you want to force negativity on an already sensitive thread.

edit: ninja'd by @Lord Kunos

13. And it isn't falling.

Tiago Lima likes this.
  14. Jim Layhee

Jim Layhee Simracer

What is needed here , imho ofc, is a for the Devs to give us a an overwhelming need for restricting the modding section of the forum . I'm sure the must be a reason why such a fundamental part of the AC community is to be diminished massively but so far all it looks like is ..... I've no idea tbh. Ive read all the Dev posts but still at a loss why they'd do something so damaging to the brand. Saving time as a reason looks totally bogus akin to a parents " because i say so"

Maybe at some time in the future a real pressing need will be revealed to us , or not.

15. ir Sindaco

ir Sindaco Alien

I swear it did when i saw my LuccaRing thread blocked out of that same blue after two years :)
    ...then after the initial shock i remembered it wouldn't even exist in the first place if it was not for Kunos, so i am thankful and full of hope for an even brighter modding future.

16. Monsieur_Whippy

Monsieur_Whippy Simracer

Thanks for reassuring me on that point :D

In other news.. the sky is blue?

It's not it's grey here... what relevance could this possibly have... except to the fact it's RAINING where I live! RAIN SUPPORT FOR AC!!!111!!!!

Kurzawa14 and ir Sindaco like this.
  17. My point is that I am a player in this case a client, I can like or dislike something about the product I buy.

If there is something I like in another product that is related to what we speak is normal to say it here because this is a forum.
    If you (devs) dont want/cant do something like that i just have to accept it, like you must accept praise and criticism

Thanks for answer Lord Kunos & Aristotelis.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  18. LilSki

LilSki Alien

@AC Support Are there any plans to move some of the tutorial threads out of the the tracks forum and into the general section so we can add to them? I actually had planned to add some new tips on the day that will live in infamy. You could simply look at NightEye's signature as he had all the useful threads there.

baliwa, pika4u, .Repa24 and 1 other person like this.
  19. Turk

Turk Alien

Is the temperature outside 17 degrees by any chance?