1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Mod Downloads to be Closed Indefinitely. (READ LAST REPLY)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by garyjpaterson, Jun 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eugor

Eugor Hardcore Simmer

Well you can't post as far as I'm aware, would pretty much kill it.

2. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Oh yeah, haven't noticed. So it's closed already.

3. Tino66

Tino66 Alien

where do they say only Official content in shots/videos? they just added one of my shots on the FB page it,s on a modded track:confused:

4. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Guys, read the fb thread!

5. Briklebritt

Briklebritt Simracer

Take it how it is! I do not want to read every single posting. So, where is our new place to stay and post our car, track and liveries mods?

RD? Where to go?

6. .Repa24

.Repa24 Hardcore Simmer

Some modders (inlcuding me) moved to RD where a new modding area got created for us.

I encourage every modder to come to RD, would be helpful to build some kind of a base there.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
    stoffel1403, DaveS78, esox71 and 5 others like this.
  7. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

I don't know, just asumed :) As with Cars and Tracks threads, someone still has to check if the content on the screens and videos is legal.

Tino66 likes this.
  8. Briklebritt

Briklebritt Simracer

So, stop about legal threads etc. - Kunos decided it that way. We have to find another place to stay. Let us move to RD. There is a perfect place, cause of the downloads database. Would be great when the hole community will be grow there! Come on, let´s go modders..

Ferdi and [RRRV] JuggernAlz like this.
  9. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

I was as upset as anyone when this announcement was made. Sometimes, when you're so invested (physically, emotionally and possibly financially) into something it's easy to understand the range of emotions that one might feel following what they consider is "catastrophic" news regarding that thing they're invested in. We will all survive this. I am completely shocked that some people would actually decide to stop playing Assetto Corsa as a result of this announcement, but that is their right. Still, I consider it cutting off their nose to spite their face.

One observation I've made over the last few days is, it seems to me that the people who have expressed the most anger over this decision are non-modders (myself included). Yes, quite a few modders expressed some level of disappointment, maybe even outrage, over this news. However, the vast majority of active modders have either A) Not even responded to this thread, B) Expressed their disappointment in maybe a few posts and then moved on or C) Have expressed their desire to continue modding for Assetto Corsa and are looking for a new home or already found one (mostly RD). The people who have really gone at it with the Devs/Mods seem to be people who don't actually contribute mods, they just take them. Again, I've never created a single mod for Assetto Corsa and I've downloaded MANY.

What does the above mean? I don't know...maybe nothing...but, it was something I noticed and found interesting. Before anyone says "No. Here's a modder who absolutely lost it!", of course there are going to be outliers to my reported observations. I still contend that the majority remain non-modders.

10. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

I guess I'm misunderstanding your message; I certainly hope you aren't hinting material with official content is boring.

11. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Far from it, i just like discovering new mods through screenshots and videos.

Sent from mTalk

PuffTheMagicBelgian likes this.
  12. Monsieur_Whippy

Monsieur_Whippy Simracer

KS explicitly don't want to invest time to police forums just in case there is illegal content. It's easier to just blanket ban all links and you're removed all risk and liability.

You can't blame them in the current world of copyright stupidity.

I just hope when the modders do find a new home that KS devs will venture out of the safety and security of these forums to the new home, to support them there the way they currently do here :)

Mogster and Bill Wiskins like this.
  13. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

It was always not going to go down well. I think it could have been handled better by both sides too. People here are reacting like the sky is falling, I personally am quite sanguine about the whole situation. It's a bit of a pain to move all the threads and resources to another location, but needs must I guess. I will still go on modding or at least being involved to some degree.

In terms of the outbursts and toys been thrown out of the pram. A passionate dev team give bad news to a passionate community, there was always going to be emotions from both sides.

14. Turk

Turk Alien

I've seen them post at RD, but I doubt they'd have time to follow WIP threads in RD's modding section. They'll still be here to answer questions relating to their product.

15. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

I just think it has been all a little too sudden, in Italian we say "un fulmine a ciel sereno", out of the blue. Assetto Corsa is engaging also because the official forum is cool and full of stuff. The hardcore fans and the modders spend probably as much time on this forum as the time spent actually playing the game. Let's say that for quite a few people the "AC experience" is made of 50% driving and 50% reading this forum, checking the new mods, the discussions, the liveries, the apps and whatnot. It's like if suddenly they deleted some feature of Assetto Corsa. Like, starting from tomorrow no Ferraris, sorry but they're too expensive. I mean, **** happens, but when you cut a feature (especially a "hardcore" feature) you need to do it with some care. Having said that, I added the bookmark to Race Department and life goes on.

Boris Lozac and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  16. marcocale

marcocale Hardcore Simmer

As clearely stated from them, modding support will officially continue here.
    I really see no reason for which developers should give support in external forums.
    But I'm sure they'll browse that forums to follow what's going on on modding side.
    :cool:

17. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Good words my Schwarzbier drinking fellow. I'm not even a modder (well, not 3D or physics that is) but registered at RD. I always appreciated your guys' work and I will visit the new section and bellyrub all of you so you keep producing ;-)

18. esox71

esox71 Alien

Not with your belly surely!:p

19. Snoopy

Snoopy Alien

I think this move is highly ungrateful, given that mods kept the game alive for a long time, especially in its early access stage. It is a very bad sign if kunos can't hire a guy to mod the forum.

20. muckymu

muckymu Simracer

The move is not about moderation, it's about hosting.