1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Mod Downloads to be Closed Indefinitely. (READ LAST REPLY)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by garyjpaterson, Jun 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. No, RD's rip policy is absolutely ridiculous...ripped content won't be taken down unless the original content's creator requests it...even if they're 100% sure it's a rip, it won't be removed unless the original creator complains.

LeSunTzu and irfan.pratama like this.
  2. What's to stop someone falsely claiming that something is ripped if anyone can report it?

3. Because as with this forum, there would be a verification process...a report doesn't instantly mean a removal.

4. Which means more busy work for the admins. A report from the creator is much easier to deal with than a report from a random. Random person says X is a rip of Y's creation, but X says Y gave permission for the conversion. RD staff now have to go out of their way, find the creator, and figure out what the truth is. There is a limit to how much time people want to waste on this sort of thing and RD have set their limits.

5. Right, because the little time the mods would lose in such a scenario (a scenario that occurs, according to these forums, about 2 times a year) is vastly more important than the potential losses that could be caused by someone's content being ripped (hmm...shutting down of the forums maybe? Or does that hit too close to home?).

edit: Not to mention the immorality of ripping a mod and uploading it without permission from the creator...
    edit #2: Even if it does happen more than two times a year, proving/disproving a rip is trivially easy. It took all of two minutes for me to compare (the now rightfully banned) Nunca15's Koenigsegg to the NFS one and find it to be a rip.

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  6. Stereo

Stereo Alien

In that regard, what's to stop someone falsely claiming that they are the one who made it and reporting it? The staff has to check that the report's accurate either way ("I'm turn 10 and this is from Forza 5" -> look to see that the track's in Forza 5 and appears the same)

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  7. xystof

xystof Hardcore Simmer

[​IMG]

Just close this thread.

ekosan, Epistolarius, Mogster and 3 others like this.
  8. A classic example of throwing the toys out of the pram, and kicking everyone else in the teeth at the same time. Pathetic.

Dream1979, marcocale and nanucq like this.
  9. nanucq

nanucq Racer

Well, so much drama, so much over reacting people and hopefully some people with good judgement.
    A lot of you Thanked Kunos in the past few years, a lot of you told Kunos you loved AC and the job they made with this simulation.

Kunos took a decision and I think it wasn't an impulsive one, so the least we can do is to respect this decision even if this new forum rule will bit a little more "complicated" for the most of us. But I'm sure the DEV Team is acting for the common good, and at least for their own preservation (wich is good for us too....), we have to deal with it.

So now, instead of lamenting, I propose to MOVE ON, leave the pit and race again, the RD (or other community site) Track waits for you ;)

St3fan, kakusso, xystof and 3 others like this.
  10. Robbiexsstar

Robbiexsstar Hardcore Simmer

AC is property of KS, so they decide next steps of them product.
    I think a lot of people are not worried for mod future, but they are sad because AC dev forum was a place to share modding project.

There's a lot of forums on the net where modders could talking about their projects.

phil likes this.
  11. marcocale

marcocale Hardcore Simmer

The idea of leaving AC for such thing make me remember of that man that, angry :mad: with his wife, cutted his penis to punish HER... o_O

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
    LeDude83, nikkk78 and Dream1979 like this.
  12. speeddrifter

speeddrifter Hardcore Simmer

Thanks Aris! Finally an explanation that makes sense to me. At least I understand this decision a lot better now...

13. speeddrifter

speeddrifter Hardcore Simmer

edit: nevermind

14. HiTTeR

HiTTeR Gamer

This is going to be very painfull until a lot of people moves to rf2 or ams, do it now, dont wait anymore, the more time you all stay here the more hate you are going to gain against Kunos. Just stay away one year or 2 and come in to test the updates, AC today its not ready to be full enjoyable (for serious simracers), we all wants AC finished now, with all features we love to have, but this is not going to happen in 2 days or 2 months, probably not even in 2 years, i dont have any idea of what AC would look like in 4 years, i think not even the devs know how AC are going to look until its finished, they dont promise anything, they dont seem to have a road map to tell us.

You guys have 2 options, stay here, complaining all day, talking about what you love to see in the future, or just move on and enjoy some of the other "more finished" products out there, you can still support AC and buy the DLCs, just dont try to make the devs take your road, let them to keep hes adventure, if you come back in 3 years and AC is what you some time dreamed, then nice, if its not, what we can do?

From my part im not going to stay here complainig 3 years every patch they release and say damn hell the car still dont stall, i want night, i want rain, i want proper league support blablablabla, when in the market there is another product who can offer me just what i want, it will be stupid from my part, i did the same with iRacing, like 6 years ago? i asked some friends if engine stalls properly now, they said me no, so i didnt come back atm, if tomorrow they finish iRacing and i like it, i will activate my account and start racing again on, easy as that, the same with AC, its not even installed in my comp today, tomorrow? i dont know, time will say...

The reason of this post its to make some people like me to stop wasting her vital energy here, open your eyes guys, and stop giving troubles to the devs of that game.

15. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Are you going to exit through the door yourself or you need help?

Last warning to everybody, I have my limits too, don't force me to close the thread or start banning people. Thank you very much

16. HiTTeR

HiTTeR Gamer

Are you talking to me?

17. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Aaargh , so hard to stop me from feeding the troll...
    @HiTTeR , please when rF2 picks up dirt on tyres, or when support a VR or electronic diffs or AWD please inform us .
    Until then there are other more complete titles to play (I hope you'll get my point).

18. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Not everyone agrees with your preferred game. For you game x and y is perfect and has all it needs, but clearly there are thousands and million of other racing game players that don't like the same game you prefer.

19. ga2jo

ga2jo Racer

And who are you to decide that?
    Don't like this topic? Don't read it. Easy, isn't it? :p

Don't you think it would make way more sense to check things before they get published and ask the poster to make clear he is the creator or has the authorization to convert it?

btw: I mentioned 2 rips in this topic that were on RD for days or weeks and then there were almost immediately removed...
    I guess they did not have the time to see that both ripped games were explicitly mentioned by both posters before that :rolleyes:

irfan.pratama likes this.
  20. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

And the mod section already died off, way before 17th :) But yeah, i won't beat the dead horse anymore, my visits will be reduced to some chit chat spamming and screenshots and videos threads (only with official content, which is super exciting)