1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 BMW drift transmissions?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by L2D Godzilla, Sep 25, 2016.

1. John Gordon

John Gordon Hardcore Simmer

But the z4 Uses an Automatic ZF box.

The e92 M3 uses an automatic gearbox.

The e92 Drift version... USES A MANUAL gearbox.

Three different cars.

bradleyland and garyjpaterson like this.
  2. Very difficult concept to understand, can you please draw me a pretty picture to help get my little brain understand it? I might be better off sticking to arcade racers, as this is far too complicated...

paul_wev likes this.
  3. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Here comes the funny answers hahahahahaaha. It's called realism bruh, remember that word you and all the other haters bring up everytime you pc guys say I(or any of the console players for that matter) can't handle the cars in AC. One line of code you say, they're different cars you say, they're both paddle shift cars dude, good try....c'mon with another funny answer, this is starting to get interesting. Give us a choice? We have a choice, it's called 4 actual manually shifted cars and two paddle shifted ones(these two in question). They should have to be whatever they look to be genius otherwise it's not doing a great job of simming something they had no data on....There'd be no complaints without me here? Please MAKE ME LAUGH MORE!!!!
    But the drift version has paddles, not three different cars..Ummmm there is no such thing as an automatic E92. Every M3 after the E46(family owned) has SMG so did they simulate a gearbox that doesn't exist?

4. John Gordon

I'm sat here reading this in work. I'm literally getting annoyed with my monitor as I can't believe what I'm reading... Some people just can't stop arguing about things because the can't accept being wrong.

garyjpaterson likes this.
  5. @AC Support @Aristotelis @Lord Kunos

Anyone got the patience?

6. John Gordon

The drift version has not got paddles. The drift version has a manual gearbox. Its clear to read in game. It does however share the 3d model with the standard version. So the little man inside looks like he's playing with paddles, because the developers did not make a separate animation for the drift version.. probably because they didn't expect you to buy the game and make such a fuss about it.

Dookie, Slinkface, Jaye and 2 others like this.
  7. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Yeah coz us console sim racers don't take anything serious, like Jann Mardenborough not taking his 2nd overall in All-Japan F3....See ya when someone from Assetto Corsa does that champ, which I forsee as never because this hotlap simulator ain't making it past GTS, laters.

8. John Gordon

Pardon?

I don't think I'm on the same page. And my name is John.. Not Champ.

9. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

The alternative to the "street look" drift car with paddle shifters and default wheels, etc. but a complete drift spec physics set is not having a drift car at all most likely.
    If I remember correctly, the use of the street car 3D model is an effect of licensing issue with BMW as they (like most manufacturers) don´t really like having optically modded cars in a game, so they didn´t give Kunos permission to model a stick shifter drift spec car.
    They could have made a paddle shifted drift spec car (like they did with the Z4), but people seem to like sticks a lot more for drifting, makes more sense in my opinion, too.

Please stop the offensive behavior, or this thread is going be locked like all the others.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  10. This begs the question why you're even here... you wouldn't be missed here.

You clearly don't enjoy AC, so why are you still here?

11. Duc1098

Duc1098 Gamer

I've joined this forum just to say you sir 'godzilla' need to find something else to fix with your ocd issues.

If only kunos had you on the team. What a perfect game we'd have right now. ;)

Nmoleiro, Seria17hri11er and paul_wev like this.
  12. You know, somehow I think he'd fit in better working for PRC... I'm sure they'd embrace him with open arms.

paul_wev and Seria17hri11er like this.
  13. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Dookie, garyjpaterson and paul_wev like this.
  14. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

No one can answer this except Kunos. I'm not sure why anyone else is even trying. There are plenty of plausible explanations, but this is a question about intent. Who can know intent except the person(s) who made the decision?

OK. That's kind of janky.

Because you cannot do it does not mean it cannot be done. I've seen people drifting the Z4. I understand you though. I'm not a fan of drifting auto-transmission cars either.

When I went to BMW driving school, we did hot laps (a.k.a., drift laps) in DCT equipped, 4-door (E90), M3 sedans. The instructors there had no problem at all drifting the automatics around a track IRL. My wife nearly lost her lunch we were so sideways.

Confusion is felt by the observer, it is not a condition of being. What is confusing to you might make perfect sense to someone else.

In general though, what happens if the explanations to these questions aren't what you want to hear? Let's say someone from Kunos pops up and says, "We just decided that the E92 M3 Drift should be manual, but the Z4 should not. We recognize the issue with the animation mismatch in the E92 M3 Drift and are going to fix it in the next patch." What then?

Your questions are rhetorical. I have a feeling that what you really mean to say is that you wish the Z4 were manual, and you think it's shoddy workmanship that the shift animations don't match the mechanism in the E92. You could have just said that as feedback about the game.

15. Slinkface

Slinkface Rookie

This is all interesting stuff, sorry about this other guy, but I own a console version and am thrilled with what content is out for it. I always assumed the e92 had the original power plant? I saw somewhere online that the drift spec e30 had the straight six swapped from the e46 (s52, s54? Not very hip on BMW engine nomenclatures) is there any resource out there with a list of mods created for these vehicles to satisfy my curiosity? In my opinion I don't know what this guy is complaining about though, even with the lack of content it is plain to see that Kunos put extensive work into the physics of the game. You won't find anything in the console spectrum that converts vehicles like this to a plug and play wheel setup and make it actually feel realistic. This sim has made every other racing "sim" (if you could even call them that) take a back seat in the depths of my library because nothing comes close to feeling this real. In my opinion the translation from the screen to the wheel is superb and far better than any big franchise or studio has come close to making. And yes, you heard right I play this on console and I would rather have realism over the wide body kits, or even the parts customization. If he is playing with wheel and watching an animated wheel on screen he is doing it wrong anyways, the simple fix is to use the camera view behind the steering rack that just displays the gauges and the dash. I really don't know how people can play with a wheel in front of them and watch one spinning on screen anyways, it makes it harder to focus in my opinion.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  16. Slinkface

Slinkface Rookie

Trust me man, I understand your dilemma because I'm sim drifting on a budget so I don't even have a 3 pedal set or an H pattern however there are work around for the paddles. It makes it a lot easier to clutch kick for initiations and just drift in general but the physics allow for a lot more. And if the visual cues on the e92 bother you that much use the dash view without the wheel, I don really know why anyone wouldn't using a wheel if they had that cockpit view option anyways. Nothing worse aesthetically to me than watching my physical wheel spin with the CG wheel spinning on my screen and it limits your field of view. At least it's synced up good though /

If you haven't seen this video and you like to drift I would highly recommend checking it out, all of these techniques are useful in AC and if im not mistaken none of his techniques involve the clutch kick. It does get frustrating if you need to shift in the middle of a slide but that comes with practice if you know where your wheels are and what way your wheel is oriented mid slide.

17. bradleyland

The real E92 M3 already has a 4.0L V8 (BMW designation S65) that makes 414 HP. In Assetto Corsa...

The M3 E92 has 414 HP and 400 Nm of torque.

The M3 E92 Drift has 414 HP and 400 Nm of torque.

The engine sound is identical between the two.

If the M3 E92 Drift in Assetto Corsa has an engine swap, I'd love to see the background information on it.

18. Slinkface

Slinkface Rookie

Honestly those were my thoughts exactly, but I really am curious as to the mods they modeled for the other-than-stock variants of all the vehicles none the less. I also saw above that the OP said they had a manual transmission that didn't exist for the car in the game and i know they made limited numbers of manual e60 m5's of the same vintage. It looks like there were a limited number of e92 m3's on the market as well so there's also that info to put out there

19. Slinkface

Slinkface Rookie

I'm not sure if you meant that there is no such thing as a manual e92 m3, you know as in a 6 speed gear box with a clutch pedal, but if that is what you meant then there was and is actually such a thing. Even variants of the newest f80 sedan have a manual option

The guy you quoted that said they were 3 different cars was actually right as well, every car you see in the car selection menu was developed off a unique car with unique parts. Don't think of it as you selecting the upgrades for one exact car when you choose the drift or step 1, etc. variants. Think of it as a BMW Motorsport enthusiasts garage that has several different variations of the same car, maybe even different years inside the same generation with different parts giving different advantages. I'm sure you hopefully realize from the ability to tune the drift cars further than the factory versions the manual transmission isn't the only thing different about them (springs, dampers, some have different differentials, the z4 drift variant has a boost controller and a bigger turbo). Pretty much all factory cars have the same exact tuning options with tire pressure and camber/toe adjustments and fuel. The more modified cars get into the better adjustments that are more desirable, I highly doubt Kunos used the same e92 to get the stock modeling, added some upgrades to get the step 1 variant and the drift setup. Look at the e30 m3's. They have several different versions and the drift variant e30 has a different engine a more severe castor angle that is not adjustable and so on. For emphasis, THESE ARE ALL UNIQUE CARS which Kunos preaches because that is the truly amazing part of this game they spent time and put in a lot of effort to make these have the attributes the actual vehicles they were modeled after have. That and the track detail; they were one of the first titles to have a legitimate laser scan of the Nordschliefe. I don't really think that they are too worried about the minor details like an in cab hand Animation that I'm sure 80% of the hardcore users won't see or notice.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  20. bradleyland

I'm really only familiar with the US market, but the E92 M3 was sold in a manual here. They're pretty common. More common than the E60 M5 in manual (which I think was US market only).

I think the OP was pointing out that the E92 M3 Drift shifts as a manual, but the cockpit graphics still have the paddles, and you still hear the paddle sounds. That's my interpretation anyway. I don't drive the E92 M3 Drift much, so I don't remember.