1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 BMW drift transmissions?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by L2D Godzilla, Sep 25, 2016.

1. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

The E46 M3 was offered with an SMG transmission, but the E92 M3 had the DCT transmission. The SMG is a single-clutch automated-manual, while the DCT is a dual-clutch automated-manual.

BMW markets the DCT as an automatic transmission. I know, blasphemy, but they do so because most buyers aren't interested in the technology, they're only interested in knowing that they don't have to shift gears.

2. Slinkface

Slinkface Rookie

Ya I kinda just took it as him meaning manual; it is pretty commonplace for car companies to market Dual clutch as an auto and he also inferred that every m3 after the 46 had an smg which as you indicated is incorrect. My GTI is almost always noted as an auto unless it's an automotive blog or magazine then they refer to it as a DSG. And also if Kunos had to simulate a shiftable automatic from a dual clutch that wouldn't really take any kind of amazing programming skills since the only noticeable difference in the sim would be the speed of the gear change. On a side note I was bummed I had to get the DSG for family reasons and I just got a great deal on it, now I wouldn't trade it for a comparable 6 speed manual with 10k less miles. I love it

3. Larryf1951

Larryf1951 Hardcore Simmer

Warning! Warning! Danger! Danger!
    Some of you already know this, but many may not: L2D Godzilla is a troll. His posts are always inflammatory and he has endless time to engage you. Do not encourage him by responding.
    He eats your comments like candy.
    @AC_CM505, please look into this OP.

4. Slinkface

Slinkface Rookie

Ya honestly it was news to me that the drift e92 was a clutch shift car since I don't have a 3 pedal and a gear shift for my rig yet, but the kicker of it all is that I get by just fine and probably have better skids than ol boy does with the cars he prefers with the manual gearboxes. It really isn't that hard, I don't think it's recommended to clutch kick higher HP cars anyways unless you're falling off a drift in competition, it provides unnecessary wear and is probably better to learn how to do it with the power that it has more than enough of, or intertia, or brake entry I mean really there are so many other techniques for an initiation and it isn't very often that you have to shift in the middle of a slide unless you're picking up major speed, most of the time if you jump off throttle to clutch in it's going to throw the angle off anyways. All that being said I would definitely use a clutch for all of that if I had one but it is good to practice without using the assistance of one, that is one thing I know for sure. I will admit that not having a clutch does limit you in some ways but there are usually work arounds, it is annoying not having one but it didn't stop me from progressing