1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PLEASE !!! Return the old software for DS4 controler

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by IzNoGood_NO, Sep 30, 2016.

1. i resetted lots of times and tried to set for hours.. found an almost usable setting but is not like before that i was able to handle everycar smooth..

2. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Am I the only one that doesn't want them returned to how there were ? Now Ive found my settings ( took my a while ) there perfect, Id be gutted if they reset them again.

3. Does anyone know if you can remove the latest patch (v1.03)? I have never tried going back to previous versions, so this would be the first time.

Why I like the previous version (v1.01) better:
    - Controller model was better.
    - Frame rate smoother, screen tearing was hardly visible on our setup (120Hz screen). I’m a bit surprised about this change, since it conflicts with Stefano’s opinion in LWTCHI developer series on YouTube about vsync.
    - Collisions produce less stutter, which takes a couples of seconds until the recovery.
    - Less issues overall. In 1.03 I’ve seen the thumbnails messed up, and other weird issues. Although a restart fixes this, I can’t remember seeing this before.

Now I know that going back prohibits the use of DLC or racing online, but I’m a bit worried that more changes will be made by the team listening to the complaining minority on this forum. Some examples of what I like but where others complain:
    - I like the HUD. Nice design, easy to use, clean use of colours.
    - Timing display. Brilliant, nice to see the positioning from the last pass over the finish line (like iRacing).
    - Car Setup. Brilliant. All settings on one page, show effect on the car after a change (reminds me of LFS and iRacing).

Using the PC version is not an option for us, we only have Macs in our home (and I don’t buy a Windows licence to run a game, no).

/Erwin

4. Dying_Snail

Dying_Snail Gamer

No from what I've read and by no means have I read everything about this it's seems to be 50/50 split it's seems that the people who were ok with tthat ishe controls before the 1.03 don't like the new settings, and people who weren't getting on so well prefer the new setting, I don't want them to go back completely to old setting I'd like the choice to pick, a option like mode 1 and mode 2.

As it stands I'm gutted with this update I've got a game that was awesome but now it's unplayable for me now and it's too late to get a refund, and no point selling it as it's pretty much worthless now so if it doesn't change that's £57 down the drain for me.

I'll give it one more patch if it not better then it's going in the bin and I'll never touch a Kunos game again if they ever make another console game, as it not really fare to change the controller algorithm like that after launch without the choice to still use the old one too, as your pissing off people who loved the old way.

The only reason I am so pissed off about this is because it was awesome before this update.

NitroDrift DK likes this.
  5. exactly! or maybe put some more options/settings for the controller ( maybe with a description on what that setting affects the play ), like more deadzones ( min and max ), sensibility to steering.. etc..

Dying_Snail likes this.
  6. Dying_Snail

Dying_Snail Gamer

Is there anywhere I can let Kunos know about this or will they see this here on the forum.
    Because if there's no chance this is going to be looked at I mite as well just bin it now and right the £57 off as a bad deal Thank Kunos.

Surely it's possible to give us the choice as the control algorithm only effect the way your controller interacts with the game so giving us the choice to choose which one we want won't effect those who like the new algorithm.

Bibbles likes this.
  7. on 505games site there is the " issue ticket " i did it yesterday about the controller problems

Dying_Snail likes this.
  8. [QUOTE="The only reason I am so pissed off about this is because it was awesome before this update.[/QUOTE]

Hence, my question whether it is possible reverting to the original install + day one patch (v1.01).
    Now I can of course disconnect from the net, delete game contents, then install game from disc, but does someone know of a way to just obtain the day one patch, just saving me the trouble of trying?

Now I do have two wheels (Fanatec and Logitech), but both don't work with this game. As a consumer I am not interesting in buying a new wheel given that we're over half way the PS4 lifecycle, and the uncertainty whether that wheel will work with newer hardware (as my hardly ever used Logitech wheel was bought shortly before the PS4 came out...)

9. Dying_Snail

Dying_Snail Gamer

I don't think that is possible to get the game to patch 1.01 now as the only way to get the patch is through psn and you'll just get the latest version which is for us at least the broken 1.03 (i know it's not really broken but if your me it is) version sadly.

@NitroDrift do you have a link to the issue ticket please I'll fill one in the more the merrier.

10. Of course it's not broken (after pressing reset to defaults, until that it is twitchy as it can be), but the current model doesn't support my driving style. It makes me appreciate that other game on this platform that offers a choice of three different controller input models. After some tweaking I managed a slightly better experience, but still not how it was unfortunately.

While we're at it, that other game also supports using the motion sensor, which allows much smoother steering in my opinion, perhaps the developers may take a look at implementing that as well. It takes a bit time getting used to, but I prefer it over the analog stick.

11. Dying_Snail

Dying_Snail Gamer

Thank you I've just been and filed a ticket with them, don't know if it will help but it can't hurt.

@Erwin Berker You sees for me I can't get a setting that work with more then one car so that is broken I've spent the last week trying I don't think there's many more settings to try, I would of been fine if it was like this at launch because I could of returned it and not bought the Season Pass.

You never expect the controls to change this much I know I've never experienced it to this degree ever in all my 35 years of gaming but then I mite of been lucky.

12. 505 Support

505 Support Rookie

Just letting you know that we received your ticket. :) While there's nothing we can do as agents working in Support (we wish that we were engineers!), we can certainly pass this on to the production and development team to see if there's anything they can either suggest or implement for the next patch. The good news is that Kunos is dedicated to continuously improving the game, so the more detailed feedback they receive from players, the better! Personally, I didn't notice the control change... I was too busy smiling about the lack of screen tearing and the new difficulty settings... which now actually allow me to win a race here and there. LOL Thanks again for the feedback, and take care.

LeDude83, djm99 and Dying_Snail like this.
  13. Indeed it should definitely not change that much between updates, totally agree.

I don't expect to find one setting for all car/track combinations (controller steering resolution is too limited for a wider range of steering angles).

My general strategy before was (on v1.01):
    - reduced deadzone from 10 to 4 (controller sticks are quite good nowadays).
    - tweak speed sensitivity dependent on car track combination, somewhere between 20.0 and 40.0.

With the current version (v1.03) small steering adjustments are fine, but there is not sufficient resolution for medium corners (causing larger slip angles than anticipated). At the moment I experiment with reduced gamma (from 3.0 to 2.0). Small steering adjustments are bad, but feeling on medium corners is better. Reducing the gamma gives more linear steering response, but I have yet to understand how to do what I did before (one baseline, with only speed sensitivity). With some other games (LFS, GTR2) I solved this by reducing the steering angle (and try not going sideways :).

I do agree that with the current model there is a smoother transition around the deadzone (between not steering and steering), but that isn't a problem nowadays in my opinion, unless you have a faulty stick.

It probably takes a while to adjust, and find settings, and that is exactly what I don't like since it was good before...

Now everybody has their own preference for steering settings, don't take my word or advice on it.

@support: My guess it that you are probably right in not noticing the change. IMO the problem only occurs for those who changed steering settings before v1.03 arrived. I made a small change to speed sensitivity afterwards which made control very very twitchy, and impossible reverting back to the original setting. The only remedy was "reset to defaults" that loads the different model.

14. Dying_Snail

Dying_Snail Gamer

Good to know that kunos will be made aware of this let's see what happens.

I ran totally stock/default settings didn't need to change a thing it just works that what I found amazing at launch that I didn't need to change a single option, we'll I lie I change km/h to mph and turned the music volume down.

And it worked for ever car they all felt amazing well the one I tried anyway, now it just doesn't feel good unless you want it to feel good for one car only it can work but that's not a practical thing to be doing when you mainly play online now there's no point in me going online because the people I race with use wheels mostly I was having some awesome races at spa and Monza mostly we was toe to toe (well when it wasn't spoilt by rammer's that is) now I'm a second of my old pace so I just get left behind, and these are the same people I played PCars with we use to go toe to toe on there too.

I know there are people out there who think us pad users shouldn't be as fast a them, we'll they got there wish kunos slowed me/us down but then I'm only a pad user who cares lol.

First thing I did when I first noticed this at the first corner of the first race I did after the patch landed was reset to default and that about the worst it gets for me totally undriveable so I then started testing different settings and that's all I've been doing since then and you know what my head hurt, I'm going to keep I eye on this but the games going back in it's box till this gets fixed/changed if it never get changed it will stay in it's box for good, but I hope doesn't come to that, come on kunos show SMS that you do care about your users and your not just in this for the money.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
    Bibbles likes this.
  15. hobieone

hobieone Gamer

that was the main problem with how it was before!! it made tuning the cars pointless. now if you find a god setting. and it doesn't work on a different car you tune and set up that car and guess what you can handle and drive that car smoothly even smoother before. and if kunos changes it due to your whining. those of us that like it currently. will file tech support tickets to have it changed back to how it is now!

16. Dying_Snail

Dying_Snail Gamer

So we're whiners now are we? What because we liked the controls before this update that wrecked it for us, so what your saying is I should throw away my tune for spa (2:17.155) and my tunes for Monza, Brand's hatch, and silverstone ect ect and put up with been 1-2 seconds a lap slower or spend a load more time tuning cars again for the same tracks what so it can all go to waste next time they change something that mess it all up? A little bit selfish of you there don't you think?

17. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Do you guys not think a mode 1 and mode 2 would be better, win-win ?

pippo10, djm99 and Dying_Snail like this.
  18. Dying_Snail

Dying_Snail Gamer

That what I've been saying all along I think haven't I?, mode 1 and 2 or new and classic best of both worlds, choice is good change not so much lol.

Don't think I've ever said "I want it to go back to how it was" "it must go back to how it was" "i demand it goes back or I'll kill a virtual cat" , I could be wrong tho it's hard keeping track of the voices in my head so if I did I'm sorry and all I've ever wanted was the choice to pick that's all nothing more nothing less.

Ps: Sorry my time was a 2:17.080 at spa my bad :p

Bibbles likes this.
  19. SinceEighty3

SinceEighty3 Rookie

Yes, but I think it would be better to set these up as different presets for the sliders, while leaving the slider behavior alone. It's the behind-the-scenes changes that can be confusing, and anyone who fiddled with Project Cars settings knows that different modes can make it even more so.

Dying_Snail likes this.