1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PLEASE !!! Return the old software for DS4 controler

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by IzNoGood_NO, Sep 30, 2016.

1. what? i have to change controller settings for every car i want to use? are you joking? couse that's whats is now .. never had a problem tu tune a car but now is not a problem of car tuning setup, is the controller that is a mess!!

2. hobieone

hobieone Gamer

now this Idea I would be in favor of. of there are those of use that prefer the newer controller setting over the old one and do not want to go back to the older way it was

pippo10 likes this.
  3. hobieone

hobieone Gamer

no I said find a good setting for your controller and adjust your car set up not controller settings. besides the problems are not the controller setting any way!. the last patch changed a few things on how a number of the cars handle which means you have to adjust their setup anyway even if you had the controller software.

4. Dying_Snail

Dying_Snail Gamer

Sorry I must of missed the info about the changes to the car handling, and can't see it in the patch notes do you have a link to it please?

All I can see that could be related to our issue is this in the patch notes "Gamepad algorithms have been improved, resulting in better handling"

5. hobieone

hobieone Gamer

it wasn't in the patch notes there been discussions about it else where on the forums tho. even the wheel users noticed on some cars their setup don't wont work or they are handling different. I noticed as some has that both the f40 and the lotus type 49 cars seems to have a lot more torque than before and you really have to be careful on the throttle with those cars now or you'll spin them out a lot easier than before. but I was able to bring them back to being drivable by adjust the setups I had on them. there's also a thread I believe where some were discussing whether or not the tire wear modeling was changed too. but I don't think kunos has weighed in on whether those speculations were true. so it not only controller users that are saying the cars are handling differently.

6. Dying_Snail

Dying_Snail Gamer

But the controller issue that we are talking about effects the feeling of the steering you can even feel the difference going down the straights.

And if it is to do with how they've changed the car handling they need to go and change the default setups because IMO all of the cars I've tested post patch the default setup are horrible now, even worst then PCars and that's saying something.

And that still doesn't change the fact that the controller algorithm for the pad as been changed, but what your saying is this didn't actually effect how the cars handling feels with a pad right, that's if I'm understanding you right?

7. hobieone

hobieone Gamer

this comparison video I made you can see how much better the current controller setting are vs. project car which tend to be very twitchy. same cars, track and time of day

8. Dying_Snail

Dying_Snail Gamer

I give up with you now, I don't think you get what I'm getting at with this issue.

9. The main problem we discuss now is that AC changed from fun and challenging in v1.01 into lets try to find a workable controller setting in v.1.03. I remember much fun is PCars was lost in working on a workable wheel and controller setup.

When I first made a small adjustment to speed sensitivity in v1.03 it loaded the “new model” with gamma set to one, which made the steering extremely twitchy (as others pointed out in this thread), and driving impossible. “Reset to Defaults” gave a new baseline, but I wish I could back to v1.01. I may actually remove the patch, I have not paid for downloadable content and don’t drive online. Yesterday I picked up an older game (with Porsche license :), not the same deal as AC, but more fun at the moment.

I for one have expressed my worries into where this is going. Did all of you see for example to comparison by the Digital Foundry showing that frame rates in v1.01 and v1.03 are the same, and that now we got input lag, repeated frames, and stutter, instead of hardly noticeable tearing during driving? (at least on my setup, and I agree it was worse in replays).

Dying_Snail likes this.
  10. how i can setting a car that at very low speed with steering full on one side that go straight? is not a problem of car setup... is a problem of controller algoritm..

Dying_Snail likes this.
  11. Kubr0

Kubr0 Racer

I have to agree. The driving in pre v1.3 felt better to me. Only thing I was missing was the virtual steering wheel limit and probably the deadzone, even though I found out about the deadzone just recently ...

It would be really sweet, if the devs are satisfied with the changes they did, if they would offer us a Input method 1 & 2 option, pre and post v1.03. I played over 400 hrs with the x1 controller on the PC and the handling has been exactly the same on my dualshock 4 on PS4, was really used to it, but struggle a bit now.

Lets see what happens, surely, the first thing which would really help to gain a better picture of the new model would be if the deadzone would be working.

ears1991 likes this.
  12. I brought back the v1.01 settings in the following way (works probably only if access to game disc):

1. Remove game and game data (haven't tried without deleting game data, the older version may corrupt things, perhaps @support can answer that).
    2. Load disc, start AC immediately.
    3. Determine the settings for the controller (note: You cannot change these later on without affecting the model, make up your mind here).
    4. Play some car track for getting a feeling for the settings.
    5. When v1.03 had finished loading, install the update (nope, you don't get to install v1.01, since you don't get it anymore).
    6. Start AC with v1.03 installed.
    7. Choose same car/track combination, and confirm whether the feeling is the same.

It seems that all remains as it was, so don't go back to the controller settings for making changes, it will ruin everything: as I remember, it starts by loading the new model with steering gamma set to one being super twitchy, and the "Reset to Defaults" sets to something else you expect (i.e., default to what?).

To make a long story short, it seems as if two controller input models are in v1.03. The older models remains active if you changed steering settings. At least, that is from my humble quick test.

13. well vanilla version and 1.03 have the same problems .. so maybe that's why they seems similar with that way... when i updated to 1.03 i didnt change settings from 1.01 and tried the game and was a mess...

Dying_Snail likes this.
  14. Dying_Snail

Dying_Snail Gamer

Same here I knew something wasn't right at the first corner of my first race after the update, didn't go into the options till after I'd tried a few different car and tracks just to make sure it wasn't the car that had changed.

15. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

16. Thanks for the effort SlimCharles, but the main reason these controller input settings are customisable is because as preferences these vary from person to person. I experimented with various values, and I am pleased with the values I recovered from going back to before the patch.

17. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Of course, every person has differents ways of driving. But I found that configuration amazing becuse it allows to be very fast (i think half a second slower to the wheel) and to be more confident with the car (easier to recover the car with pad than with wheel.). The bad pint is that the visual turning of the wheel is hilarious (too fast).

Hope someone finds it helpfull.

18. Well that depends on what you are driving. I don't want direct steering on road cars for example, but do want linear steering on race cars with limited steering angle. For drifters that may vary since they want more precision at another range of the input. Steering with a controller is so limited that some of use make adjustments dependent on what we drive (that is, if you want to be fast, and optimise controller input as well as car setup).

As a side note, I am aware of the other thread with many different input suggestions, I think the variety of settings speaks for itself. I am glad you found a good settings for yourself, I experimented with some of the values shown in that thread and my own suggestion of going closer to a steering gamma of 2 for getting more linearity back.

What we discuss in this thread is "can we get the old model back please", which was passed on to the team as I understand from 505 games support. I am used to the values given in v1.01 (only with lowered deadzone from 10 to 4), which work comfortably for me.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
    Dying_Snail likes this.
  19. Dying_Snail

Dying_Snail Gamer

I'm thinking if they do allow us to choose it's only fair if the new updated 1.03 algorithm is Mode 1 and the default mode, so as not to mess up people's settings if/when it's implemented, and Mode 2 the pre 1.03 algorithm.
    And both should have their original default for the "reset to default" too if possible.

Bibbles likes this.
  20. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

If you watch the videos i posted in that thread you can see Im driving with the same level of ability an F1, a GT3 and LaF. I think is the best posible because it allows to drive every car in every track. Downsides? Is possible that you can adjust the settings for a particular car in a particular track that it is better. And, as you can see, the visual steer is awful.

Also, maybe you can level down a little bit the steering speed and getting better results. But it has to be always high. If you think about it, every driving game (bikes or cars) you drive like with that configuration, with little hits to the joystick.

Sorry for the offtopic, I think that configuration is a quick solution to the pad control. :)