1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PLEASE !!! Return the old software for DS4 controler

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by IzNoGood_NO, Sep 30, 2016.

1. From looking at your first video Ferrari, some observations:

1. Your steering is very different from mine, I tend to minimise corrections and seem much smoother in general with steering input.
    2. You are often at the maximum steering angle (see the famous long left hander), where there is less grip than the optimal slip angle. In other words, you are probably faster with different settings that provide more control around that area.

If you would like more explanation look at the recent video by Niels Heusinkveld of his presentation at the Sim Expo 2016, especially the part where he explains beginner mistakes (I am not saying per se you make mistakes, just you steer at the max steering angle that may cause snap oversteer).

As an engineer I don’t like his use of kg instead of Newtons, but other than that a very good video, the relevant part for this discussion starts around the 28:30 minute mark: “Cars don’t understeer. Drivers make cars understeer”:

IzNoGood_NO likes this.
  2. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Yes, possibly I have too much steering speed (Im over correcting many times). But the idea is that this value has to be high. I dont say you can configure the pad with steering speed low and drive confortably, but I feel that to not loose control of the car, specially at low speed, it is the easiest (not best) way.

Im a bit worried that the team didnt work harder the pad configuration or control. It definetly has affected on sales. Along with private lobbies thing and annoying difficulty.

Thanks for the video

3. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Thing I think we need to remember here is that this issue is not effecting all ps4's/consoles . My steering for example since this update is perfect I genuinely could not ask for it to be any better.

Dying_Snail likes this.
  4. Dying_Snail

Dying_Snail Gamer

I'm not have a go at you, Bibbles I know what you mean it's just worded wrong, the updated controller algorithm effects ever one who uses the pad, it that you prefer the new controller algorithm.

It's just I don't want anyone reading this to think it's a bug that only effects some users and not others. Sorry

Bibbles likes this.
  5. From following the developer videos on YouTube (Look What the Cat Hacked into) it was already clear that the console version was behind the PC version. I wonder if they with v1.03 went up to Tire Model 5, which affects tire load sensitivity. You notice that with having to be more precise in trail breaking (keeping load on the front tire without too much slip angle), and easier locking up of breaks (if you don't use ABS). To be honest, I wish there was a little more information about what tire model is used in comparison with the PC version, and on what tire model they are at.

@SlimCharles: My guess you like driving without TC, and compensated by slowing down steering speed as much as possible. In other words, the game filters your input and slows the steering in order for you not loosing control of the car, bringing some form of driving aid back. Although I also like driving without TC, I found it is best to leave some TC and make the steering more direct preventing steering too much. Remember that GT3 series also has TC and ABS... Thanks for your input anyways.

6. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Or simply that TC minimize the slide, so you can recover the car with less steer. All the cars i drove were without the TC. My final thought is that with that configuration you can recover the car easily than with wheel, but you loose time compared with wheel because you overcorrect and you cant be as precise as driving with wheel (obviously).

Pleasure to debate with you.

Erwin Berkers likes this.