1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Porsche Pack 1 Comments....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Christopher Low, Oct 25, 2016.

1. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Having ran all the cars at Nords tourist I quite like them all, well the 2 nutter cars arent really suited to the Nords or at least not without massive setup work but I ran them all pretty much default with just minor tweaks.

Here are all the laptimes from the server so far, its set at RSR pro conditions and fixed so to give a good way to benchmark the base performance of them all.

http://52.65.162.16:50041/lapstat?currservers=acserver5

Of these Moby Dick felt like it has the most to gain as it really didnt like to turn in at low speed, the 917/30 surprisingly turns better then Moby did for me with the minimal setup work. Both are rather scarey around that track.

Jumping into the road cars these are quite pleasant and relaxing at Nords, the GT4 clubsport is something that I think will be great for some single make racing. We are currently running a league season in the Maserati GT4 but the Porsche is a much nice car to drive for me.

918 Spider I really quite like, didn't push it too hard but running some races with the holy trinity should be interesting. All 3 cars have some strengths and weaknesses. The 918 seems the most driveable to me of the 3 but I need to try the other 2 again.

The 911 Carrera RSR is also my pick of the bunch, really fun old school manual car.

On some other tracks I think all these cars are going to be quite fun, Nords for me is the ultimate test track and I will need to try set some laps in more of the older cars to get an idea of what may match up ok for some pub server fun.

2. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Simracer

Same as most of you, I find all of the cars unique and incredible. Best DLC ever, in any game, IMO of course. The sound improvements are dramatic and for the better and the ability to tune them while on the track is a great feature. I paid less than $CDN 17 for the season pass, deal of the century right there!

3. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

Then it's your powerful FFB, because you're not braking on the straights and there are practically no bumps afaik, my wheel is totally quiet on the straights. Just like my real life steering wheel on track and driftdays....

This is also a very very crappy video(I know) of me driving the Ruf CTR a few years or so ago....my steeringwheel is totaly quiet on the straights.

Cheers
    Robin

4. Well, you can try this. I also use it but that is for 5.1 compatibility with digital out myself.

VoiceMeeter : http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Voicemeeter/index.htm

Very nice piece of software that can be used for a lot of things as you can see.

In the user manual you have a section about "ASIO Routing Capabilities". I haven't tried anything like it but maybe you can route it that way. Otherwise maybe have a look at asio4all.

5. jsTrecu

jsTrecu Racer

So finally got to plug the wheel and do some laps.

Quit the game with a big smile, this is so good. The 917/30 is absolutely insane, was laughing like a 4 year old on a ferris wheel... :D

Leemstradamus and Seria17hri11er like this.
  6. I just did a 6.56 withe the moby dick with 96-97% grip and it still could have been a much faster lap. You really have to adapt your drivingstyle to this particular car.
    Personally, I think its the most difficult car of the pack, because of the understeer. In the 917, you only have to worry about 1st and 2nd gear and then you are fine.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

7. The 935/78 is actually a much more interesting car to drive than I expected, despite that understeer. It sounds phenomenal, and the cockpit is nicely detailed.

8. Berry

Berry Alien

I thought the game was bugged when I saw the 935's dashboard, I didn't know it's so weird :D.

Lgt.t and AlleyViper like this.
  9. realalberto

realalberto Rookie

I think you did the wrong math: 1.1g vs 1.0g is 10% and not 1%. Therefore your judgement isn't correct

Inviato dal mio SM-G925F utilizzando Tapatalk

10. I have to say that I needed to get used to it at first. But now I think its's a nice touch. When you look at some interior footage of old race cars at Spa classic, for example, you will see that al lot of them are updated with these kind of instruments.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  11. Haha. Was it kind of like this at first?

[​IMG]

cerebralvortex likes this.
  12. You are like the 4th person to point that out. ( ⚆ _ ⚆ )

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  13. You mean the lights?
    Edit: the picture did not load.

Well, a bit like that.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  14. Orne

Orne Alien

The sounds the 911 RSR chassis makes when going through the Carraciola-Karussell is utterly intoxicating!! :eek: I don't recall the mighty GT Legends having that level of detail.

15. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Alien

- Fixed crash with Porsche 918 when tyres are not on the tarmac in 32 bit mode
    - Fixed crash with Tyre Tester App
    - Fixed inactive ers controller on Porsche 918
    - Fixed clicking gear shift on the Porsche 918
    - Tweaked backfire volume on the Porsche 917/30
    - Slightly tweaked volume curve (speed related) for the new brake squeal sound
    - New Session info can be customized in [SteamLibrary]\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\session_info.ini
    - Personal driver skin can be customized adding "driverskin.ini" into Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg folder. The script must be similar to the one in "skin.ini" (skins folder of any official car) and can contain more driver models.
    - Fixed Ferrari 488 GT3 setup ride height visualization. (physics on front splitter was fine)

16. No. Just did the cockpit feel/look as strange as that picture.

17. Vel

Vel Simracer

As noted in the Troubleshooting sub-forum, at the time or writing, I'm presently very heartbroken and upset i can no longer feel the entire track in my controller as i drive. Yet in keeping with the theme of this thread:

I will say that the sounds of these new cars are absolutely delicious.

The modeling, and in particular the gauges, dials as well as sounds of the transmission within the RSR are truly wonderful. The same i might add goes for the other classic monsters in the pack too. The way the light plays over the details in these cars, reflecting the glass, and texture of the metal behind the gauges is very pleasantly eye-catching.
    As for the other cars in the pack, they're lovely and very nice. If anything from a modeling perspective the classic vehicles are real stunners. I look forward to a day when i can hopefully actually feel the road as i drive them along straights.

18. realalberto

realalberto Rookie

It jumped to my eyes as a very inconsistent explanation on why cars with v10 tyre model feel less gripy. As I realised actually it came from Aristotelis I am now firmly convinced the explanation has some very solid ground :)

Inviato dal mio SM-G925F utilizzando Tapatalk

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  19. slopps

slopps Simracer

'just like my real life steering wheel on track and driftdays'.
    well, unless you're comparing to these porsche cars you've driven, at silverstone, you cannot use that analogy i'm afraid, unless the cars you've driven are similar in power/weight/downforce.

it would help if you told me which bits in the video where the steering is moving on the straights.
    you'll be surprised - silverstone has plenty of bumps, everywhere.

20. Turk

Turk Alien

All I can try till Friday is the panamera, it's an interesting enough car. Solid as a rock, impossible to over steering but really takes well to trail braking into corners, it really rotates a lot under braking without ever stepping out at the rear. I took it around the nords and what struck me is that it would be a very safe car in real life. I had some moments that didn't end in a crash because it's so easy to bring the car back from the brink of disaster. I'd say it would be a great car for long drives but you'd have to watch out for speed cameras, it's effortlessly fast in a straight line.