1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Porsche Pack 1 Comments....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Christopher Low, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

i was kind of hoping we would get transmission sounds for all cars with the fmod update. there are a lot of cars that have no transmission sound. lotus 25, 49 & shelby cobra to name a few

the Lotus 25 doesnt sound any different with the FMod update to me, im still getting the audio bug that ive had with this car since it came out as well (the only bit of audio hardware i havent changed since the release of the Lotus 25 is my Q Acoustic 3020's so i guess it must be to do with those.)

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
    Michele Papis and Rosko like this.
  2. slopps

slopps Simracer

can kunos please explain the porsche 918 systems and what all the colours mean and what's going on?
    does it have KERS? the button seems to work when i press. does it have power systems to adjust like on the SF15?
    anyone know?

Mogster and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  3. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Yes please @Aristotelis, if you can find a little bit of time, please explain the 918 a bit further. Thanks.

4. slopps

slopps Simracer

Seria17hri11er and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  5. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

You guys need to up your reading game. 1% is the track grip change, nothing to do with the change in g forces from different tyres...

6. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Yup, the 935 understeer is real.

Need a solution. Any suggestions?

7. Try this

F Rebound down 1-2 clicks

R Bump up 1-2 clicks

That will give more oversteer in phase 2

Or do you want more oversteer in phase 1?

Ben Lee and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  8. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

Why doesn't the phenomenal 3.0RSR have the Porsche logo/coat of arms on the hood/bonnet(front) like all the other Porsches.
    That's my little OCD for now.:oops:

Cheers
    Robin

Leemstradamus likes this.
  9. Mantii

Mantii Gamer

Or the fact that the Porsche Logo is completely different in the car selection menu vs all the other brands. Its driving me insane.

deci and SMOKING__MONKEY3 like this.
  10. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Weight reduction ;)

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  11. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I know you are into details.;)
    How does the 3.0 RSR felt to you?

12. Mantii

Mantii Gamer

I will have to get back to you on this. I only had a go in the GT4 with my wheel and oculus...that was brilliant!

I tried the other cars with my controller just to hear the sounds, so, as you can imagine, all other cars felt like a noob getting behind the wheel for the very first time haha :p

13. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

Onboard recordings indicate there is very little transmission noise from these cars. I don't think you are missing much.

14. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

the models really have insane level of detail, in VR im on my hands & knees looking at all the crazy detail over-wise not in view.

15. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

Can somebody just tel me how i change the track grip level? All i see is surface.

16. nate

nate Hardcore Simmer

Aris used G forces as an example of how a seemingly small difference can make a huge change. Although 1.0 to 1.1 is 10% difference, not 1%.

That said, 1% track grip difference could be big depending on how its implemented. Some games have a tire wear % of 100 (max) to 85 (min) as an example. 1% change here would be pretty big grip wise. Other games have 100 (max) to 0 (min), and 1% difference here is pretty small. Since the overall range is so compressed in the first example, and so wide in the 2nd.

If AC's track grip has a range of 100-85 (i think this is accurate) a 1% change is pretty huge.

Vel and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  17. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Yeah, surfaces is the slider, it´s a factor that is used over the tracks default grip values. Optimum is 100%, Fast is 98%, Green is 93-96%, don´t know the lower ones, as I hardly use them.

Seria17hri11er and TDS like this.
  18. TDS

TDS Alien

slow is 95-96 grip very slow buildup
    green has fast build up.

19. Just put the slider into "Fast" and forget it. That's how I do it.

DaveS78, nate and Seria17hri11er like this.
  20. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

i think it is the case for quite a lot of cars though... anyway i saw a post from Luca that inspired hope for future updates