1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Porsche Pack 1 Comments....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Christopher Low, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Robert M525

Robert M525 Gamer

I'm late to this thread, but I just wanted to say that I have waited so long to finally drive Porsches in a real racing game. It's very nice and I can't wait for the others!

I've never been a huge fan of the Cayman aesthetically, but man, the GT4 Clubsport is incredible. It just drives so nicely. It's probably my favorite-driving car in the game. If Porsche had put that racing-computer display in the dash instead of the regular gauges, it'd be perfect. (I wish they'd do the shift lights in the steering wheel rim like Ferrari does.)

I was shocked to see LEDs on the dash of the Moby Dick. Looks like it used to have needles but now has these? Very interesting. It drove nice, but I didn't mess with it too much last night.

The 917 is insane. I turned the boost down to around 50% and was able to do a few laps without drama in it. :D

The Carrera S was a bit disappointing, but I'm a terrible driver, so... /shrug I wonder how the 991.2 would compare to the 991.1 (other than the latter having a much nicer-looking engine cover :) ).

The 918 is nuts. It feels incredibly fast. Tricky for me to drive and while I'm right near the laptimes I can get with the LaFerrari, the P1's laptimes blow both of them out of the water with me at the wheel. I feel like I could use some of those driver aids that are supposed to make the 918 the easiest of the hypercar trio to drive. :)

My only complaint is that I wish silver rendered better. It'd be nice to have that Liquid Metal Silver paint on the 918 look right or the GT Silver Metallic look right on the Carrera S. As it is (like on other cars), silver looks more gray or white than anything else. Oh, well.

Anyway, hooray for Porsche!

DaveS78 and Seria17hri11er like this.
  2. CKraegel

CKraegel Simracer

3.0 RSR has a very vital rear especially in fast turns, hasn't it? Drove it on RB Ring yesterday and always got into sliding in turns 4 and 5 which was pretty hard to catch

3. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I love the RSR, drifting through Woodcote with the rear stepping out, fantastic :)

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  4. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Actually I find it very easy to catch. :p

Add a bit of toe in on the rear, that should improve it a bit.
    (Watch the numbers, though, because the front and rear toe go in different directions.)

5. CKraegel

CKraegel Simracer

Well, I'm not so into drifting/sliding for now so the problem is probably me. :D but thanks for the advice :) will give it a try asap

6. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

You don't have to be a drifter to be able to slide. ;)

Unfortunately, I can't give you an advice there, because when the back steps out, for me, everything just happens automatically.
    I think you might want to watch your throttle. It's not always best to back off completely when the back steps out.
    So try different variants with partial or no throttle and see what works best.

7. Keep some throttle in, just enough to get some weight on the rear.

8. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I found adjusting ARBs helpful to reduce oversteering of RSR 3.0. At least worked well for me at Nurburgring Sprint. I adjusted ARBs in favor for slow, tight turns. Well I think I did, not the true master of setups.

Pack contains so many great cars, still haven't used all of them. Each one is so good. But maybe 3.0 RSR is the best one. It is very well balanced, great looks, maybe best sound, great fol online racing and might give you a tank slapper which you'll never forget lol

I like how it reminds me sawing action while making turns, it turns better on coasting, but needs throttle impulse to stay controllable. Well thats how I drive it, others might be doing it other ways.

Still looking for participating in 917/30 online race, would be awesome to have full grid and a lot of laps.

9. Diablo_rf

Diablo_rf Hardcore Simmer

I hope someday, Assetto Corsa just like Gran Turismo will be the game where car manufacturers will come and ask for their cars to be added in the game.
    Lets pray for that day guys =)

DaveS78 likes this.
  10. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien

It already is (Maserati for example, was mentioned in one of the Look What The Cat Hacked In).

11. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

These days are already here.

12. Berry

Berry Alien

Kunos said they had to decline some manufacturers because they don't have enough time to add all the content that they can get their hands on ;).

13. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Yea, whats the story with the 935 guages? Is that how they were "in period"?

14. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

Though my number one car is the Cayman GT4 right now I'm also driving Moby way too much and found myself a setup in which the understeer(mostly caused by entering a bend too fast/braking too late, who said Porsche brakes are the best? LOL) is still there but it's really smooth on transtions/oversteer. Great!

Also talking about level of 'detail'(in/exterior etc) is the way the suspension/chassis is working when accellerating/decellerating the Moby Dick in replays. It's pretty floaty the rearend going way down when accellerating through gears. It just looks mindblowing real in the replays imho. Like a real '1000kg piece of metal/rubber and stuff' a massive object on wheels, not a 'game' or a toy/RC car....awesome.

Cheers
    Robin

15. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

All cars are awesome, as expected. 935/78, RSR, and 917/30 stand out for me due to personal preference for old race cars, with the RSR just being the ultimate race car. period.

New tyre squeal and gravel sound are a definite improvement.
    Breake squeal sound for the old race cars is a game changer, it really is! Soo immersive.

Another game changer, at least for me, is the brake temp simulation of the new cars. I usually dont stump the brake hard initially, but like to gentle increase brake load
    While already knowing that this is not like hard braking is done irl, this finally no longer works in AC.
    It now seems to be required to literally jump onto the brake as hard as you can initially, and then begin to modulate when the discs have heated up like a second or so later.
    While it will take me some time getting used to, to hammer the brakes and hear as they begin to squeal under the load you put upon them, just adds so much drama to the braking,
    and the authenticity of the simulation.

16. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Yes brake temperature is a must.

Now add V10 to all cars, brake temperature and transmission wobble and this sim is completed.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

17. anthony galmiche

anthony galmiche Simracer

this pack is fabulous,so, wonderful,so i love it.

18. rafikens1000

rafikens1000 Racer

Do u guys recommend any drive aids for 918? TBH I am suprised of this car, but not really in good way. I expected more stability, esspecially surprised by breaking (p1 and laferrari are better on breaking, and also far more stable). I really appreciate a grip during out of the corner, but I got some problems with going in. My style is rather agressive, so it does not really suit prosche's way (I mean roadcars, gt4 is such a diffrent piece of cake). SO maybe I should turn on some aids in game? I use abs factory and other things off.

Of course I will practice a lot ( I will also try some things with a tyre pressure)and finally find some overall balance anyway :p

PS. I dont't have to say that a potential advice from Aris would be more than appreciated

19. G-Meister

G-Meister Rookie

Not to be pedantic (yeah it is :-D)... But the difference from 1.0 to 1.1 isn't a 1% change, but a 10% change... Just sayin' ;-)

EDIT: Oh I see now that it's already been commented on... Sorry from a slow reader ;-)

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  20. Berry

Berry Alien

@rafikens1000: It's a very gentle lady, stop forcing it, it's very stubborn, it doesn't do what you want it to do, let it do its thing and you'll be surprised, corner entry and mid-corner control is the car's job as far as it's concerned, your only job is to put the foot down at corner exit, and it will launch like a rocket to the next corner.I don't specifically like it for this very reason, I like the P1 far more, that one feels like a Lotus Elise with 900 HP to me, the 918 is more like controling the International Space Station.

Seria17hri11er and rafikens1000 like this.