1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Porsche Pack 1 Comments....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Christopher Low, Oct 25, 2016.

1. In his "copy&paste world" is just 1% he's burned, but he did a great job

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

liakjim likes this.
  2. Yatzeck

Yatzeck Racer

I think that Kunos was the first, or gives Porsche more advantages than others developers when he proposes a deal. Anyway everybody are happy now: we - because of... everything, Kunos before of everything and money, and Porsche because of huge oportunity to promote his mark. But why we did wait for this that long?! Yes, yes I know - EA and somebody from Porsche who decided to give them to long contract.

3. xystof

xystof Hardcore Simmer

My biggest regret for Porsche Pack 1+2+3 is that, the 959 is missing... I was hoping so much for F40 vs. Yellowbird vs. 959... Also newest 911R would be nice, but I'm gonna be ok with 911S and Cayman GT4.

DaveS78 and AlleyViper like this.
  4. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Hard to tell without knowing the details in the contract between Porsche and EA.

I guess the main difference now is that previously the focus of (proper) simulators was always on race cars. Which is interesting for Porsche, but likely they have their own technology for the racing teams built up already.
    (And likely before AC was even in development.)
    But with AC there was now a simulator available that not only simulates race cars but also does an incredibly good job at simulating street cars.
    That's very likely what attracted Porsche (and other car makers).
    Such a product just wasn't available 6 or 7 years ago.

Also there was some speculation that the EA contract is running out, so it could be that they (Porsche and Kunos) did make a deal with EA to get this a year earlier.

We'll see if Porsche cars will show up in other sims next year.
    Speaking of which. Ian Bell said in June (iirc) that they will have something to present "very soon" (no, not Kunos-soon-tm ;)).
    Haven't heard anything about that thus far anymore.

5. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Isn't 911R coming with Vol 3?

xystof likes this.
  6. Berry

Berry Alien

Yep, the 911 R is coming in Pack 3 :).

grandepunto and xystof like this.
  7. 911R will be out on December IIRC pack 3

xystof likes this.
  8. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Alien

You mean, to revive this at Black Cat County? :D
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Edit:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
    Kopiller, xystof and Leonardo Ratafia like this.
  9. My bad. He didn't. I assumed he would. He said

So knowing Aris, and Kunos, which are constantly improving and tweaking the sim, together with Aris saying "I believe we are a bit too low now on some track grip presets." I definitely assumed it wouldn't be left alone and would be changed in the future.

But that is entirely an assumption on my part. A safe assumption I would say.

Ace Pumpkin and pollinho123 like this.
  10. pollinho123

pollinho123 Simracer

I am super satisfied with Pack 1 even though the cars that I'm looking forward the most to are in packs 2 and 3.

I really didn't know what to drive first so I actually used an random number generator. It chose the Panamera. Actually quite happy about that, because it was out of the way after that. Actually quite challenging to drive just because of the weight it has to carry and I guess I'll even spend some more time with it. Drove it on Magione which I can recommend if you wan't to see the spoiler animation over and over and over again.
    Next up was the RSR. I still don't catch every little drift but when I do I can't stop smiling. Super rewarding car to drive. Couldn't really figure out how to drive the 917, way too much power for me but I appreciate the challenge to drive this without crashing even though I'm far away from racing it at the moment :D
    Can't say much about the Moby Dick, quite understeery and to be honest not my type of car. However I really like the looks of it and I will definitively get back to it.
    The 918 was actually quite tame after those two insane machines. Really like it, but have yet to complete a full Nordschleife lap with it without smashing it into a wall. In most situations it's not too hard to keep under control but under braking or higher lateral forces you can really feel it's weight and that's usually when I loose control over the car.
    I was suprised how heavy the Carrera S feels. It makes sense, just because it's not an hardcore track tool, but I was suprised nonetheless. I'm looking forward to compare it to the GT3RS and R model, I guess those are closer my initial expectations :D
    The Cayman was a nice suprise and it handled a bit like I thought the 911 would. Light, agile, enough power too keep me busy. Brilliant little thing and the biggest surprise in the pack for me. Really look forward to the GT4 street variant.
    The clubsport is propably my favorite addition contentwise. Such a joy to drive. Even writing this makes me want to get behind the wheel again. :D

11. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

That Clubsport, damn what a machine, haven't had much time to drive it and now i'm itching to get back home for some more.

Robin_NL and DaveS78 like this.

12. Actually, it's worst in Phase 3A

So, to get some more oversteer in Phase 3A:

F Bump -
    F Rebound -

R Bump +
    R Rebound +

Looking at the chart on http://www.ozebiz.com.au/racetech/theory/shocktune1.html

That should actually increase oversteer throughout the entry phase and probably constant cornering, but will increase understeer during exit. Not an issue, in the words of Clarkson just add "POWWWAAAA."

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  13. xystof

xystof Hardcore Simmer

You're my man! And this Esprit... ohhhh yessss!!!!!! That's what I need! 959 and Esprit... yeah!

14. I don't get the praise around GT4 Clubsport. It pretty much has everything I hate about sim cars. Underpowered, sticky and well-behaving. The car is just way too perfect to have any character.. ..and cars without "personality" is kind of boring. If that makes any sense.. :)

Same goes to MX-5 Cup, M235i and other entry level "race" cars where the biggest fear while driving is that the rear end will slip and you lose your momentum. Oh really..

Porsche should be exciting and dangerous to drive. Not well-behaving pussycat.

/End of rant.

15. chakko

chakko Alien

The Porsche 911 RSR 3.0 is simply amazing. Best of the pack for me.

16. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Because it makes us all feel like we're Senna. :D

17. chakko

chakko Alien

FWIW, i do like classic and modern race cars. :) What i find fun though is driving with **** tyres, which more behave like bad nowadays road tyres, than the slick tyres modern cars race with. And the ridiculously bad chassis' of vintage cars. :D

18. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

LOL you're saying M235i(most boring racer in AC by far) and MX5 cup(even more boring than M235i haha) are in the same league as GT4 Cayman?

Are we playing the same sim mate?:D

Cheers
    Robin

rafikens1000 likes this.
  19. Berry

Berry Alien

Those are boring cars? LOL, are we playing the same sim? :D

20. I'm counting GT3's and GT2's as well.. ;)

djtopa likes this.