1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Porsche gt3 cup Iracing vs AC

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Hany, Jan 27, 2017.

1. esox71

esox71 Alien

Nice because @Hany is experienced enough to feel/tell difference between the two cars and give his opinion.
    He also isn't bashing anything and is asking others for their opinion.

2. esox71

esox71 Alien

Wee video Empty box made, didn't know the led lights on dash (vertical ones) show when wheels are near locking, also the iracing has the non-abs version which I suppose would give different handling on braking/turn in?

Seria17hri11er and DaveS78 like this.
  3. Jynnantonix

Jynnantonix Simracer

Ok, I tend to get irritated when people take pleasure in hearing that another sim is sub-par in some way, justified or not. It tends to happen on the IR forums a lot, maybe because they've spent so much they wouldn't be able to bear hearing another sim is as good or better than theirs. I have them all and enjoy them all.
    Anyway that's not what you were doing, so all good.

Psit likes this.
  4. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

You know you can set up the car in AC to drive without ABS if you wish and servers can disable it anyway...

It'd make more sense if it was disabled in the standard factory setting but it is what it is. Why iRacing doesn't offer it with ABS at all, if that's the case, no idea.

5. Jynnantonix

Jynnantonix Simracer

Factory setting is no ABS, and in the real life series there is no ABS. Pretty glad it's like that (in Iracing), makes mastering the car more challenging.

6. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

In real life the car is prepared for ABS and it is up to each league to decide if they allow it or not. Just turn it off and mastering becomes the same.

Ace Pumpkin, xystof, Dookie and 9 others like this.
  7. Porsche told iRacing to model the Supercup version. So Michelin tyres (however it is they wear) and no ABS.

pankykapus likes this.
  8. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

And I'm glad that we have choice in AC and aren't limited to running the car in a single one-make series so it makes zero sense to not offer ABS in AC when the real car is shipped with most of the hardware required for the Bosch ABS kit. Only thing I personally would've liked would be setting ABS as factory standard off but in the end it's up to server admins anyway to set that up how they want.

yusupov, Jebus and kofotsjanne like this.
  9. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Thats a good point, thats how it is from factory after all

aphidgod likes this.
  10. Hany

Hany Alien

Today I tried it again but a bit longer. With a setup thats dialed in to give as much oversteer as possible, the car becomes more alive but still not as agile as ac's version. Mastering the brakes is not hard if u have a loadcell which I have. The car is alright in med/high speed corners but the slow speed corners is where all the understeer is. Trail braking to the last bit helps but doesnt cure the issue. Its probably a iracing core problem rather than just a issue with the porsche.

On the positive side of things, they gave the porsche a tiremodel that can handle a bit of overdiving. The sudden snap when u drive over high curbs is gone. The car is also easier to catch after a snap oversteer moment.

TDS and Seria17hri11er like this.
  11. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Nothing to add to OP, other than the GT3 cup is possibly my favorite of modern racecars in AC.

Welcome back Hany :)

Hany likes this.
  12. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Nothing to add :)

Except sounds: I slightly dislike the whine inside the engine sound (=100% rpm dependent) at higher revs, is the iRacing car alike? Can anybody tell if there is a signficant difference in engine and sound compared to a 991.1 Cup?
    Regarding ABS: German VLN does allow ABS for the Porsche Cup (but adds restrictor) and to my knowledge all of them use it.

TDS likes this.
  13. 6S.Manu

6S.Manu I'm Awesome! Staff Member KS Dev Team

@pankykapus is pushing me to add them too. Probably will have them in next update (if I've time).

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  14. Straight-cut gear whine. Totally normal and it's like that IRL.

aphidgod and DaveS78 like this.
  15. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I think he means something else.

The whine was depending on the gear you're in, so if you upshift the whine has a lower frequency.
    Fonseckers sound mod works different and is depending on car speed, not revs.

Glaurung and Minolin like this.
  16. Aaaaah yes. On iR the faster you go the whinier :p

17. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

is that whine you talking about the same thing as hackusations? ;)

18. TDS

TDS Alien

JUST DO ITTTTTT! ;-) :p

Epistolarius likes this.
  19. muscimol

muscimol Gamer

The question is if the real car is as agile as AC version? Elliot (earlier mentioned Porsche Supercup Champ) didn't complain about understeer in iR.

I would guess that what you hear in iR is closer to reality. They've even change the driveline code to be more accurate with the sound.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017