1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Porsche gt3 cup Iracing vs AC

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Hany, Jan 27, 2017.

1. haxxx

haxxx Simracer

@Schnipp With Fonsecker's sound, open the audio app in game and put transmission to "5" instead of "engine" and compare all sounds again included real life video.

Schnipp likes this.
  2. Anyways in Assetto Corsa we have mixed engine and gear whining and sound so far so until it's done in a different way it will always be that way even though Luca, fonseker and other sound modders try to do their best.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

3. This.

yusupov likes this.
  4. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Yes, definitely a good point and it is also what I wanted to point out with my annotation above.

Actually, it's not only that, but also where the camera/mic is placed. e.g. you can notice a significant difference in onboard videos in the 911 3.0 RSR for cameras that were placed on the dashboard and for cameras that were placed further behind.
    The former is a bit closer to what Fonsecker's sounds provide, the latter is much closer to what AC does with the RSR.
    Since your ears in the driving position are relatively far back, I'd prefer that camera/mic placement.

5. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

dont forget your listening to sounds recorded from a microphone, which always pickup high frequency noises and makes them more prominant. Like the gear whine for example.

6. pavano

pavano Simracer

t

that's not necessarily a problem if the recording technician knows the sensitivity curve of the mic.
    And that's why I have a problem with many sound mods. Most are taken from YT videos, where the recording is made with some smartphone or action cam mic, which normally are quite low quality and have no linear frequency sensitivity at all.
    I remember there were some calibrated mics for iphones (i231 or so), but who's using them for YT videos?

7. Since i will stop my 8 y.o. sub due to price spikes and bad feeling from my g27 cause of ffb feel -no more free moneys from me-,id like to ask if this car drivers in a logical way aka you can save some slides and be in control rather than a passenger in the over the limit situations?

Because i remember vividly that the Ruf C Spec was to put it mildly atrocious.

Im asking this cause you also have a g27.Maybe then i wont have to get a OSW to enjoy this ''sim''...:confused::D

8. Hany

Hany Alien

Dont worry about not being able to save slides. They have improved that a lot with the porsche. Saving slides has become easy with the porsche and even riding high curbs.

As for the g27 I like the ffb. Not as good as ac but good enough.

My settings in logitech profiler are default 900°

In iracing I use 11% gain with 10% damping and 14% minforce.

Linear mode unchecked.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

Nasos Charalampou likes this.
  9. You can dance at the limit, but if you exaggerate you'll spin or be in really bad shape. It makes sense really, you can really wheel the thing.

Baseline set has too high pressures tho, and camber (and pressures really) is still broken in iR. Aim for 175kpa hot (between 138-145 cold depending on conditions/tracks). Lowest front camber and a bit less on the rear. I don't like running too much toe either, minimum front and around 1mm each side on the rear max.

G27:

100%, rest at 0% and 900deg.
    In game I use 13.6% Min Force (tho that can change for you), and around 11 FFB I believe... Linear ON.

Nasos Charalampou likes this.

10. I don't know why they changed the rev bar display, it was so nice before

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

grandepunto likes this.
  11. TDS

TDS Alien

damn,i tried but I can't watch that... stutter, stutter, stutter.

12. Even in HD ? It's not too bad there, but yeh, our media guy's PC doesn't like this track when it comes to recording :p

13. TDS

TDS Alien

yep best available quality... youtube need to get their **** together and give us that smooth true 60fps videos again. funny that huge channels have their 60fps videos really smooth... youthrotller encoding it seems.

14. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Nice video, for me it plays normal and doesn't stutter.

Would be interesting this type of cockpit camera in AC, the locked to horizon is too exaggerated but the one in Iracing feels more natural.

TDS and Andrew_WOT like this.
  15. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

We have RHM, but yes, surprising how we still don't have decent native cockpit view in AC.

P.S. No stuttering on the video for me either.

16. The cockpit view is an effect of the video, in-game mine is static. Hate when it moves, its not natural.

Kristaps, Tomcul, mms and 1 other person like this.
  17. liakjim

liakjim Alien

RHM.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

18. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

The video seems a bit over-exposed. Is that normal in iRacing?

19. Nah, video effect. Colors are washed out, bit of blur and stronger shadows or something... Dont question the media guy :p