1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Minorating.com (drivers thread)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Minolin, Aug 7, 2015.

1. John Gordon

John Gordon Hardcore Simmer

We all appreciate the work that you've done for the community. If there is anything I/we can do for you to help you get some sleep, I for one would be happy to help. :)

LeiF likes this.
  2. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

No need to apologize. ;)

However, if you could provide me with a current model of the grade calculation and assuming the displayed data could be available as a strucured JSON object, I'd be happy to help you with some keystrokes o' mine. ;)
    Regarding the model, I could even use the one on minorating.com, if only the numbers are outdated and interchangeable.

3. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Sure, just bring 2 or 3 overly talented coders and managers that can work 98% independently and can start tomorrow.

Not even close, unfortunately. I'm also not 100% keen of exposing everything, MR worked much better when people didn't/couldn't watch their numbers in such hardcore ways. Still have to admit it is super helpful now, as there is some kind of live crowd-debugging revealing every single error MR does :D

LeDude83, aotto1977 and baboon like this.
  4. Minolin

Just for the record: This was just some ironical comment towards the only thing that currently could help me getting some sleep. I'm sitting in the trap of having lots of daytime-job work, while I still can't add more manpower as the latest addtions still need training before they can run so independently I can focus on new ones. That's also true for freelancers. And I'm not even able to manage the amount of work we have to deliver.

The help anybody could give me here doesn't logically exist. But thank you for the offer, and actually you already help by understanding that I can't already chose the amount of time can be spent for MR.
    Also the ideas and suggestions are usually HQ.

Schnipp likes this.
  5. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

I thought so and as a sowftware developer I feel your pain, bro.
    Just in case you need someone to do some stuff for your website and such: You know we're here. ;)

Schnipp likes this.
  6. Minolin

This is charming twice. First I really don't like work on a website (I think you just need a glance at mr.com to see :D) and it's really some time I could spend with the more interesting stuff.
    But I totally failed building sensible components and APIs. Main reasons were being quick, but even more important: Who thought MR would lift off that much?

So yes, thank you for offering me a hand guys. It gives me a figure where it's absolutely worth to rebuild stuff in a way this is easily possible to do.

Berniyh and aotto1977 like this.
  7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

will i get punished by minorating for being in a crash/contact with a lapped player?

8. Minolin

Yes, but hardly. He's going to have 3x more CP than you.

LeDude83 and LeiF like this.
  9. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

should be a bit more imo and nothing for those that are lap/s ahead. i cant remember one time when i have been joiningthe race late and being in a incident with a driver that have done more laps than me, i can remember multiple times when i have been in an accident with players that are lapped though.

the difference is
    1. that lapped players that are in accidents are the ones that dont show respect for the blue flag and let others pass
    2. the players that have lapped a car that are in an accident are the ones that meet the 1st example

10. Hagen

Hagen Hardcore Simmer

There are drivers, trying to be clean and fair, but are new to simracing. Those get ab, but might not be capable of letting someone through yet.
    Personally i think a blue flagged car is not allowed to defend, but has not to make the pass possible in any situation. On straights it is easy, just lift throttle a bit, but in corners, or combination of corners, some will start struggling when trying to. Faster guys could wait for a good opportunity, i dont overtake my direct opponent, when we both are about to lap someone, after that the race is "on" again.
    Responsibility is on the driver that tries to overtake, lapped or not, so i think some cp is justified if something goes wrong.

LeDude83 and chksix like this.
  11. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I show respect and doesnt force an overtake, and thats one of the reason that im usually getting ****ed by them. Because when I meet a lapped player that wont let me pass its the same player that will push me off track when i actually get a chance to pass him. People that dont care about blue flag is 9/10 times a douche bag that dont care about others. I dont know how many good battles against cars that are on the same lap as me that I have missed the opportunity to enjoy because im stuck behind a car that joined on lap ~6 out of 10. I could live with this if they didnt cause accidents so often and having the bad luck to run into these do punish you as a fair driver more than anything.

The responsibility is NOT only on the car that is supposed to overtake. If youre on the same lap, sure. But not if you going to pass someone that joined the race late and defend his position by any means. If you dont see this as a issue i can only congratulate you, you obviously havent run into these as often as me or you meet the ones that show respect.

from minorating page:
    My issue is the retards that defend. The ones that dont defend are usually not in accidents and wont get penalized by minorating.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
    Tomcul, chksix and Christopher Low like this.
  12. Hagen

Hagen Hardcore Simmer

It is indeed a huge issue, that many drivers dont know the meaning of blue flags. (and other rules/ettiquette)
    I am totally with you, when you say: a lapped driver that defends should be punished hard!
    As mino said the lapped car will get more "points", i think a little motivation for the lapping car not to be too careless is a good thing.

13. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

yeah, to completely take away the penalty would probably be wrong since idiots could use it to their advantage and get blue flag drivers demoted to lower ratings. i dont know if this is possible to solve somehow, give the system a feel for how long the car with blue flag have been ahead maybe?

14. Horus

Horus Alien

I don't know about anyone else, but it seems that lately there has been a massive increase to the amount of idiots on track and even when you have no contacts caused by yourself you get hammered with MR points. I know I have caused two incidents (nobody left the track we kept to the road) in the last week where I have actually hit someone, yet I have gone from 9/10 MR points to now 25. It has been people rejoining , ramming, t-bones, over egging it in corners, bad driving yet I know every accident that I have caused. This is getting out of hand. Tonight I have had over 5 points added and not one of them has been caused by me. Please Minolin, sort this out. There is no reason to be in A-B servers as no matter where you are you get massive points. I leave room, I even give places away to avoid contact. I am getting hammered here and it is becoming a joke.

Schnipp likes this.
  15. Hagen

Hagen Hardcore Simmer

The basic rules should be written down inside AC, in my opinion.
    Hovering the mouse over the join button could trigger a link to the basic rules.
    That link could be ignored easily by clicking on join. (Mouse would have to be moved to the link)
    In racing you have to rely on each other, so it would make sense to educate all players about the basic rules.
    Giving them the option to read them easily might help.
    If many drivers read them we could see a change in mentality, especially when they realise that it is more fun / less wrecking that way and tell others to follow the rules.

Horus and kofotsjanne like this.
  16. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Or two different server lists, one for people that agree to do a driving/racing school and one for those that dont care. Maybe something for AC2.

17. Horus

Horus Alien

It seems to be more about proving your dominance by being ahead. Not that they are any good at racing, just that they are ahead. It is becoming a freakin nightmare. Another 2 points added in three races. One caused by myself for not being able to stop as they used their brakes 50m before the real braking point. Just ridiculous.

kofotsjanne likes this.
  18. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

if i remember correctly your attack % matter alot with hit points. Minorating consider it better if you have, lets say 10 hitpoints and 30% attack than 4 hit points and 2% attack. I dont know the math but hopefully you understand what i mean.

19. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

It's not the CP that are the bad thing, it's a few driver's behaviour.
    The do unsafe track rejoins, block any try to overtake, cut you off, divebomb every chance they see*, etc.
    That is the thing which sometimes really kills the mood to do online racing.

*situations where there is no realistic chance, but they either force it or crash both

20. baboon

baboon Alien

I never check on my CP because I don't get what's interesting about them. Is it like some highscore hunting to get the most km/cp?

LeDude83 likes this.